Community Member

Default Reliable commodities?

I'm approaching the plat cap (thanks, Mabar! ) and don't want to go through the machinations required to transfer $ to another account. What should I do with it? Some folks recommended flawless scales, but I'm not sure which ones or what a good price is.

Any other "safe" ideas? Thanks!

Bacon, it is reported there will be a shortage coming...

Besides, who doesn't like bacon?
    After a little Tolkien I am usually up for anything.

Driving the Clown car in the skies above Sarlona!

Transfer it to alts using your shared bank. Another possibility is to give an amount to someone you trust and have them give it to the alt.
    Castagir (completionist), leader of the Fighting Clowns of Sarlona. Other alts: Modric, Modrich, Kristna and others. http://fightingclownsofsarlona.webs.com/

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mws2970 View Post
    Another possibility is to give an amount to someone you trust and have them give it to the alt.
    Okay, why didn't I think of that.

You can also mail another char something like 350k before you fill up the mailbox...so glad I don't have to do that any more.

Edit: there really aren't a ton of reliable commodities any more. Flawless scales to some extent, but the price trnds to drop over time. +3 tomes maybe for a little while. Some rare epic scrolls still hold a high value. High end caster sticks. Some of the new named epic items.
    Last edited by vyvy3369; 11-03-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    Recently completed a very slow Completionist adventure, playing each class until I was bored. My son (Henry) randomly picked the next class from the ones I hadn't done yet.

The traditional commodities have been dropping in price, so its hard to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    I'm approaching the plat cap (thanks, Mabar! ) and don't want to go through the machinations required to transfer $ to another account. What should I do with it? Some folks recommended flawless scales, but I'm not sure which ones or what a good price is.

Any other "safe" ideas? Thanks!
    Dual box and trade with your other account.

Or give it all away like I did last time I reached plat cap.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

ummmm ....... you could just spend a couple of million....problem solved.

I never quite understand players who feel they "must" have x million in the bank.

Its not like its real money, its only of any use when you want to purchase something....so, if you have all the stuff you actualy want, then accrueing more plat is pointless....if there are things you still want/need then go ahead and buy them...having however much the plat cap is (I've no idea, or interest) in the bank does you no good whatsoever....
    I think I probably have about 3 million spread across all my toons...it fluctuates because I'm constantly buying and selling...the only thing I know of is that I will never run out of plat.
    "Im-plo-sion: For when you just absolutely HAVE to kill every M*****-F***** in the room".
    (Samuel L Jackson)
    Alts: Mercilless, Relenttless, Maliciouss: The Silence sisters.

Community Member

There are no reliable commodities in DDO. Over time, items become more and more common. The few items that did stabilize as commodities (sands raid scrolls, red scales) were made common by turbine at some point.

The most interesting items at the moment are shroud ingredients. You never know when you will do a major gear change to your character or start a new alt. If you don't have 10 of each ingredient yet, go buy some. It will make your life easier and get plat in the hands of people who need it.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Community Member

I would spend it, but there's nothing I really need right now.

Actually, I could start buying essences. I want to level my crafting more.

I'm just getting so much cash so quickly that it's overwhelming at the moment. I know, nice problem to have.

Friendship and camaraderie.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Friendship and camaraderie.
    lol how much did we buy you for Shadey?

And I like having millions of plat because IRL I am not a millionare so I live vicariously threw my pointed ear fantasy species.

You know we arent really dwarves, elves or magic users either but we tend to roll them up. Some of us like being wealthy in our fantasy worlds to boot
    Kalari-Lost Legions resident Drunking Gaming Diva!
    Im not bad Im morally Obtuse...
    *Enter my Den..*/*Live RPG fun on Skype*

Pitchforks. You can sell them for thrice what you paid for them after a new update drops.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Pitchforks. You can sell them for thrice what you paid for them after a new update drops.
    dont forget torches and sturdy boots...its part of the uniform ...oh and muffins

Community Member

I recommend the excellent charity "Tobril Needs Another Yacht Fund".

Quote Originally Posted by Tobril View Post
    I recommend the excellent charity "Tobril Needs Another Yacht Fund".
    If it comes with girls in bikinis, shrplz!
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    PSSS. Not so loud. You are giving free advertising for the upcoming Elder Scrolls game.

Pitchforks and brooms and rakes oh my!

I am buying cosmetic pets, tricks, etc in the AH to avoid the plat cap.

Everything will eventually loose value as more powerful stuff inevitably will be available in the near future.

So... you can also get huge piles of heal scrolls, silver flame and Yugo pots, etc... stuff that has a fixed value and is always useful.