Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Default Run away! NOW!

Turbine might change this, or they might not. They might think the overall picture is important, but they really don't care one bit about individual players.

It take a few keystrokes to restore vanished huge ingredient bags, [dual shard] greensteel items, or to TR and fix a broken build. It doesn't happen. It NEVER happens. These are well known, long term problems. Turbine policy is to introduce new bugs and just let players crushed by customer indifference to go away (the pay-in-advance system known as premium makes this all the sweeter for Turbine's bean counters).

All MMO players know that sooner or later the servers will be turned off and all their characters will be lost. DDO players know that sooner or later they will need customer service, and they will receive Turbine's Elite Epic Fail responses, of "no. It would just take a few bits flipped, but we don't care enough. Go away."

If you want a game that has the slightest bit of interest in keeping you as a customer, run away now. Turbine's customer contempt is legendary.

@OP: Sorry dude, but I don't think your attempt at making the devs feel guilty will cause any immediate changes. I hope you enjoy your new MMO, though.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I'll try playing devil's advocate. Let's go over the WF nerfs to see just how bad it is:

• The WF body feats don't provide the right amount of PRR; also Mithril Body's MDB doesn't scale the way the new light armors do. This one actually annoys me more than the immunities nerf; now that AC & PRR are important parts of DDO's defenses, it's unfortunate WF don't get their fair share. Hoping it's getting fixed in U16, but haven't checked Lami myself to see.

This part seems very game-breaking to me (in a bad way), and should be addressed, imo. The 50% penalty to incoming penalty is acceptable, so long as WF have some ability to mitigate the incoming damage so that they don't need as much healing as others do. As this is not the case, however, it seems to me that it would be fairly hazardous and frustrating to play a WF character who cannot self-heal via spells.

Good idea leave a game like DDO because your WF now gets poisoned. LOL as someone that still plays them they are still the easy button.

Enjoy TSW lets see what you think of that game. It does not even have a working chat. I could list more issues but the other 20 people playing can fill you in when you get there.

You could, you know, play another race?

I still play my WF wizzy. Its still fun. Other races are fun too. Why would you quit a game because your favorite race is nerfed, when you could just roll a half elf/human/H-Orc....hell most the races have options for viable builds.

You seem to think DDO owes you something specifically. Sir/Madam, we have all paid money for this game. I've had a regular subscription since release (do that math, I don't want to know it), and I was also the greatest poster on the DDO Forums since that time. And what have I gotten for it? They lost my forum name (allegedly) and replaced it with what you see before you now.

By the way, Turbine just gave you a GIANT DAMN UPDATE AND HIGHER LEVEL CAP AND EPIC DESTINIES AND NEW GEAR AND NEW CONTENT. I mean, I don't know how you can dwell on such minutia.

We all have our cross to bear with this game, as in life. I'm sure you will learn to cope.

Kicking a puppy in the grill,
    Duplicate_10
    The entity formerly known as Chuck Norris of Argo.

Quote Originally Posted by laurawilder View Post
    Good idea leave a game like DDO because your WF now gets poisoned. LOL as someone that still plays them they are still the easy button.

Enjoy TSW lets see what you think of that game. It does not even have a working chat. I could list more issues but the other 20 people playing can fill you in when you get there.
    1) SOOOO much more than the poison issue that some like to focus in on. It almost seems like there are those that have either never played a WF but now sees the fangs over their heads and notices this so thinks "Oh, this is what they are complaining about? Big woop." Or they are trying to play the smoke and mirrors game going "Oh, it is ONLY poison...no big deal." and thinks to self "Let's not bring up the OTHER stuff...we really don't want fleshies knowing how bad WF players have been screwed and how bad Turbine is screwing up because it may be all the rest of them soon."

But...whatever...

2) Because chat is such a HARD thing to work around with Xfire (sarcasm intended)
    20 ppl? Really...apparently you have no clue about TSW or you are a Turbine mole trying to make players believe something is irrelevant that is, in all actuality, a portent of things to come for the entire player base.

Hey, MAYBE you fit into none of these categories and it really doesn't bother you when you pay for something and have it taken from you.
    Argo server:
    Deadbot-Sorcerer Warforged // Weetawted - Wizard AM Warforged // Rattletrap - Light Monk Warforged // Baloons - Artificer Warforged // Mormorromrom - Favored Soul Human Evoker/Healer

Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate_10 View Post
    You could, you know, play another race?
    *kicking and screaming* I DON'T WANNA PLAY ANOTHER RACE

You seem to think DDO owes you something specifically.
    Yes, they owe me what I payed for...nothing more, nothing less. But the mentality seems to be "Hey, he paid for it and now we have his money and he knows we don't refund anything so we can do as we please now."

Sir/Madam, we have all paid money for this game. I've had a regular subscription since release (do that math, I don't want to know it), and I was also the greatest poster on the DDO Forums since that time. And what have I gotten for it? They lost my forum name (allegedly) and replaced it with what you see before you now.
    Sorry about that...really, that sucks.

By the way, Turbine just gave you a GIANT DAMN UPDATE AND HIGHER LEVEL CAP AND EPIC DESTINIES AND NEW GEAR AND NEW CONTENT.
    No they didn't...they didn't give me a DAMN thing...I payed for it like everyone else that has ED and MotU did.

We all have our cross to bear with this game, as in life. I'm sure you will learn to cope.
    Bearing a cross is voluntary...if it is forced, it isn't a cross...you had no choice; but we would have to get into religion to understand this clearly and I am not going to do that here.
    Cope? Maybe...maybe not...my point is I don't want to cope...shouldn't have to cope...don't pay to cope.

Kicking a puppy in the grill,
    Duplicate_10
    I like kicking grilled puppies
    Argo server:
    Deadbot-Sorcerer Warforged // Weetawted - Wizard AM Warforged // Rattletrap - Light Monk Warforged // Baloons - Artificer Warforged // Mormorromrom - Favored Soul Human Evoker/Healer

If you're quitting DDO because of the developer/turbine antagonism (or just apathy) towards players - then TSW/Funcom is the right place to go. There is no other game company that even comes close to having a staff as good as Funcom. I've been playing their MMO's for nearly 10 years now, and one of the main reasons is the developers.

Add to that, it's the first MMO to even vaguely come close to DDO for an active-combat system, and it's one of the things that lured me away from DDO for so long.

I will say it has it's own shortcomings. It is very much a love-it or hate-it game - very few people are ambivalent about it. It's either your style or it isn't.

I loved it, but whereas DDO promotes group play, there are places in TSW that break you from your group and force you to solo -- and my wife absolutely hates solo play. Especially since one of the main reasons for us gaming is something to do together in our free time. You can play it without soloing - but you have to ignore a good number of early missions and cannot completely the storyline quests without soloing.
    Thelanis, CureLite Bottling Co:
    Nen (Barb/Ranger, Founder) / Emeril (Cleric, Founder) / Kraxkit (Dex Ranger) /
    Klyde (DPS Barbarian) / Sojourne (Rogue, Trapsmith) / and many others

Community Member

Good luck. I'm rolling a new WF defender. But it will be in a all WF party. I love WF, even before DDO even a game. I want them to do it right. But at the same time, I don't want them to buff so much that it's broken. Good luck to all of us WF lover.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12