Community Member

Default Ability tomes lost on using LR. Requesting help or reimbursement.

Hi

On october 24th I decided to use the free Lesser Reincarnation on my main character Duskwisp on the Orien server to regain the attibute point I had not recieved on taking level 24. After being stuck for a while on the reincarnation ship unable to take level 2 I was able on the following day to complete my reicarnation. However, no attribute tomes were reapplied upon levelling up, nor upon leaving the reincarnation ship or after logging out and back in several times. Prior to the reincarnation Duskwisp had used a +3 supreme tome of ability as well as a recently in game aquired +4 charisma tome.

I've filed an in-game ticket on this: ID#: 2755673 "After using free lesser reincarnation (and being stuck for a while on the reincarnation ship due to not being able to advance to level 2) I've finally managed to level back to where I was before the incarnation, but no attribute tomes have been reapplied (neither store-bought nor in-game aquired)." A GM told me this problem could not be solved in-game and told me to file a bug-report.

I bug-reported this but since the form specifically says that bug-reports do not lead to action in individual cases I also filed a ticket via the turbine support website on october 27th, Ticket #24001-347974.

I didn't hear anything from Trubine for the rest of the week which didnt really worry me that much, since I understand the last week has been somewhat hectic. Because of the wording in the auto-generated response though, today I sent a mail asking if my report was being investigated. I recieved a new automatic response telling me "Your request could not be processed because the ticket is in the status Closed.To submit this as a new issue, please visit our support portal."

Now I like F Kafka as much as the next guy, but most of all I would like to have my bought and paid for tomes back. So please either consider this my submission of a new ticket, or pass it on to whomever is in the correct position to handle this complaint. Thank you in advance for your service.

P.S: My e-mail address is available from the the second ticket referred above, or I can be contacted via message-box on these forums. D.S.
    Last edited by EvilI; 11-03-2012 at 12:38 PM.

That really sucks. Was anything else missing? Some people have reported losing all epic destiny progress, and that flagging mechanics were broken (not able to advance quest chains).

As for the tomes, I know that some people have had luck calling Turbine customer support and having their tomes reapplied that way. Might be worth a try. Good luck!
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

The forum is a good place to inform the community but I am not sure if it is the best place to get an issue handled as the thread is either going to be derailed into general CS/Turbine bashing or burried beneath numerous other threads that pop up in the meantime.

I'd file a second ticket just in case the first got lost and/or erroneously closed. Last I checked it says to give it forty-eight hours. So, I wouldn't wait a week but send an inquiry after 2 days if you haven't heard back by then. You may also want to consider sending MajMalphunction a PM.

You are in a position were you can call CS during business hours that's another option. Also, make sure to tell them these were store bought tomes. Best of luck.
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chette View Post
    Was anything else missing? Some people have reported losing all epic destiny progress, and that flagging mechanics were broken (not able to advance quest chains).
    Beforehand I was actually somewhat worried about losing ED-progress, that worked fine though. I haven't checked flagging yet but as far as I can tell the only thing missing are attribute tomes.

Community Member

So, no response here. No response from in-game support. And now at least I got this e-mail from account support;

"Greetings ,

Thank you for your inquiry. The issue you are experiencing can not be resolved by the Account Support team. If the In-Game team referred you to submit a bug report, this would mean it is not something they can fix directly for your character. The bug report sends the information to the developers so they can fix the overall issue.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please respond to this email and I will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,
    Account Management Agent

[name deleted]
    Turbine, powered by our fans.

If you reply, please do not change the default subject line. This will ensure that your update is added to your existing ticket. You may always search our FAQ or request additional support at support.turbine.com"

Now my question is; What fans?

After some deliberation I've come to the consclusion that the problem must be that there are too many people playing this game. So from now, instead of being a part of the problem I'm gong to be a part of the solution.

Feel free to send me a mail if you decide to give me back the tomes I paid y'all for - I am not going to be checking the forums for a reply.

Not giving back paid customer tomes, on a subscription based game when it's game bug the players cannot do anything about is very harsh and not the correct way to handle the matter at all. Period.
    MD Interactive www.youtube.com/michieldankmeijer
    Subscribe & Follow To Stay Tuned!
    Afteristar & Empha on Ghallanda

Community Member

Welcome to DDO "Powered by our fans"!

I'll say your last ticket with them was closed because it referred to the older bug report that was also closed.
    Try a new account support ticket specifically about your store tome.
    Store purchases can be tracked, can be checked by them, and are known to take the time to investigate.
    When losing a store item to a bug the least they can do is to keep the ticket open for further research.

Make sure the ticket is with account support and the subject mentions it is a store item.
    You may mention the past ticket numbers but add that you want them (account/store) to attend the issue of the lost store purchase.

Note however, that you may still be told that all sales are final and found bugs should be reported through the queue.
    So far, bugs with store purchases like the broken armor kits have been solved within 1-2 updates, altough may be because it has affected many people.

You might want to call support... I've read a couple of times on the forums that the old phone method works well.
    -= Proud member of the MAC guild on Khyber =-
    Aganthor (Completionist (4/13), Human Paladin, L7)
    Alts: Caitlan (Ftr) / Gimlinas (Barb) / Chakmar (Sorc) / Shureyoucan (Monk) / Nessyia (Ranger), Dystran (Cleric), Karkwa (Rogue-Acrobat), Mekkanik (WF FvS), etc.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aganthor View Post
    You might want to call support... I've read a couple of times on the forums that the old phone method works well.
    Too bad it is not free outside the US. We ended up paying more to the phone company, instead of using the money to buy DDO Points.

Quote Originally Posted by arjiwan View Post
    Too bad it is not free outside the US. We ended up paying more to the phone company, instead of using the money to buy DDO Points.
    Some ppl have suggested skype, dunno bout the fees.