Default Quick and dirty guide to Mabar

I did this quick write up for my new to DDO guildies so I figured I would post it for those of you new to the Mabar event.

Read this: http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Mabar...Festival_Guide

Bind in Drowning Sorrows Tavern in House Jorasco you will most likely die at some point. I usually /death so I don’t have to walk back when I am out of spell points and other such cool downs. Buy stacks of tavern food and drink so you can use it when you resurrect.

If you are on by yourself party with a raid group it increases your chance of getting collectibles.

Buy stacks of 100 of the following and put them on your bar (this is a good idea in general):

· Potion of Lesser Restoration

· Potion of Curse Removal

· Potion of Disease Removal

When you get hit with mummy rot use curse removal then disease removal in that order or it won’t work.

If you see Vampire Lords or Liches and can't kill them stay near them until someone kills them. You still have a chance of getting their collectibles.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=282573 - Read it. Memorize it.

If you don’t know what you are doing pop into a room. If you are self sufficient guard a lever. Keep the altars safe above all else. I know the dragon is shinny and deserves to die but it won't matter if the alters get broken.

This is one of the most important parts from the above thread:

”Levers cannot be destroyed, so if you're defending a lever over a room with no dragon, you can conserve resources and leave the lever off (which causes the gargoyles not to spawn) or take them out slowly. If the dragon is in your room though you better keep those lights ON if you want your buddies down stairs to be making progress at all.”

The following site has good info on the event and gear as well: http://ddowiki.com/page/Mabar_Endless_Night_Festival

I highly recommend getting the level 20 item you want if you can farm that much and then just holding on to it till you can use it.

Bare minimum you should aim to get one a Cloak of Night. It's good for most people.

These are all undead. Gear and spells should aim for them. AOEs are king. Make room in your collectible and ingredient bags. I usually buy one of each from a general vendor and put my other ones in the bank. In house J go into the shop called Empty Handed it sells them. There is no bank in the zone so you will want to clear out inventory space prior to heading in.

Once you finish farming what you want if you want some extra plat farm more motes and sell them.

Please feel free to add any tips and trick of your own.
    Last edited by JohnBacon; 11-02-2012 at 08:22 PM.