Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    oh yeah, the bolts are a regular pain in the rump, and 2nd house D favour is the most important unlock for the 75% returning bolts.

having said that i did quite happily get to 2nd house D favour on my first life mechanic. the nice thing is at low levels you only need 3 bolts per mob if you focus on your sneak attacks, not a lot needs another volley and if it does there is always a melee happily swinging about in the local area

for a 2nd life mechanic just stock up to the gills on 75% returning bolts (stashed in those denith quivers for good measure). 2nd time round i had enough returning bolts to get to 2nd house D favour without having to use regular bolts. i still focused on house D favour but i got there with plenty of ammo to spare

so yes, arties do have it easier with their conjured bolts, but its still quite workable on a mechanic.
    Yeah, I got a hard lesson in ammo management when I rolled my AA. With the repeater, that's what gives the Arti a serious, serious edge over a Mechanic for somewhat mundane reasons.

Still, the mechanic has decent melee ability with SA damage.

I found that having a decent craft skill, or a toon that is a dedicated crafter helps quite a bit at lower levels, but then you run into the situation where you need Cold Iron or Silver arrows only so that you can have additional attributes on your ranged weapon. So it's off to House D for those returning bolts / arrows...
    Antipan, Pandargon, Pandolin, Panifin, Panmorgan, Pangrael, and all other things "pan-ed"...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by squishwizzy View Post
    Yeah, I got a hard lesson in ammo management when I rolled my AA. With the repeater, that's what gives the Arti a serious, serious edge over a Mechanic for somewhat mundane reasons.

Still, the mechanic has decent melee ability with SA damage.

I found that having a decent craft skill, or a toon that is a dedicated crafter helps quite a bit at lower levels, but then you run into the situation where you need Cold Iron or Silver arrows only so that you can have additional attributes on your ranged weapon. So it's off to House D for those returning bolts / arrows...
    i didnt find the need to switch to melee, i did make sure i bagged nat gann's staff (dex for att + dmg) but never once felt the need to pull it out (unlike when i was playing a ranger).

i think the extra focus on avoiding aggro to milk the sneak attacks is what helps here. and while a newbie mechanic (or AA as per your example) is bound to run out of ammo mid quest at some point its a lesson they learn quickly and hits home far quicker than running out of comps on a caster who often has a variety of other spells they can still cast.

so the ammo thing isnt a show stopper. for me its a bit like the nice perks of a naturally fast run speed on a barb or monk, or access to the teleport spell. they certainly are nice perks, but mid quest it's all academic.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Why do you need to fill all of your character slots?

Most early characters get deleted. Why block yourself from creating new projects in the future when you know more about the game, have the means to try more risky builds, and aren't already scaling the learning curve of the rest of the game?
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthios888 View Post
    Why do you need to fill all of your character slots?

Most early characters get deleted. Why block yourself from creating new projects in the future when you know more about the game, have the means to try more risky builds, and aren't already scaling the learning curve of the rest of the game?
    The truth is that I don't need to fill all of my character slots immediately. I didn't and don't plan on creating each character and doing round-robin levelling until they're all 20/25/TR or whatever.

The plan is to continue to level the PM at LEAST until I unlock 32 build points (~600 favor to go, currently level 10.5) and then poke around with the suggestions in this thread.

The original purpose of this thread was to:

1. Save me some time

- I don't need to spend my time making mistakes and learning for myself if more experienced players can provide good advice. This might be fun for some, it isn't for me. I've already deleted a bunch of (admittedly low level) characters and will probably have to do more, but would prefer to avoid it if possible.

2. Help Plan purchases in advance

- Do I need a certain pack for certain gear for a certain build? (Torc/Demon Sands)
    - Do I need to absolutely buy a race/class that I didn't really consider before
    - Do I need to buy additional character slots because of great build suggestion variants to my original requirements? (e.g. Mechanic Rogue)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Random20 View Post
    The truth is that I don't need to fill all of my character slots immediately. I didn't and don't plan on creating each character and doing round-robin levelling until they're all 20/25/TR or whatever.

The plan is to continue to level the PM at LEAST until I unlock 32 build points (~600 favor to go, currently level 10.5) and then poke around with the suggestions in this thread.

The original purpose of this thread was to:

1. Save me some time

- I don't need to spend my time making mistakes and learning for myself if more experienced players can provide good advice. This might be fun for some, it isn't for me. I've already deleted a bunch of (admittedly low level) characters and will probably have to do more, but would prefer to avoid it if possible.

2. Help Plan purchases in advance

- Do I need a certain pack for certain gear for a certain build? (Torc/Demon Sands)
    - Do I need to absolutely buy a race/class that I didn't really consider before
    - Do I need to buy additional character slots because of great build suggestion variants to my original requirements? (e.g. Mechanic Rogue)
    hehe, in the long run you will probably want to try out all sorts of characters, and if you get heavily settled on one server then you will probably be snapping up extra slots each time they go on offer
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567