Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New to DDO Store U16

DDO Store U16
    Prices and availability subject to change

==Epic Destiny Tools===

Upgrade Tome of Fate (+1 to +2) 595 TP
    IMPORTANT: REQUIRES a +1 inherent bonus to Fate Points to use! For level 20+ use. Permanently increases a +1 inherent bonus to Fate Points to a +2 inherent bonus to Fate Points. You must have a +1 inherent bonus to Fate Points from using a tome in order to use this item.

===Stat & XP Tomes===

Upgrade Tome of >>insert ability<< (+1 to +2) 295 TP
    IMPORTANT: REQUIRES a +1 inherent bonus to Charisma to use! For level 7+ use. Permanently increases a +1 inherent bonus to Charisma to a +2 inherent bonus to Charisma. You must have a +1 inherent bonus to Charisma from using a tome in order to use this item.

Upgrade Tome of >>insert ability<< (+2 to +3) 495 TP
    IMPORTANT: REQUIRES a +2 inherent bonus to Dexterity to use! For level 11+ use. Permanently increases a +2 inherent bonus to Dexterity to a +3 inherent bonus to Dexterity. You must have a +2 inherent bonus to Dexterity from using a tome or upgrade tome in order to use this item.

HEY, I'M TRYING TO SOLVE THAT!
    STOP TOUCHING MY PUZZLE!
    TOUCH MY PUZZLE ONE MORE TIME AND YOU'LL BE SORRY!
    PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS GAME -- I QUIT! AND YOU SHALL DIE!

Sweet!!!!

That's awesome to upgrade stat tomes instead of pay for the +3 tome.

I hope it'll drop the price of +3 tomes on the AH.

I definitely can see myself paying that much in TP for a +3.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Very clever of Turbine. I think A LOT of people are going to buy this.

Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Quote Originally Posted by dlsidhe View Post
    That says how I feel right now.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Community Member TempestAlphaOmega's Avatar

It may cause +3's and even +2's on the AH to drop a bit in value since you can now upgrade from the lower level ones.
    Shapshap, League of Extraordinary Ham, Sarlona and a bunch of alts that all have names begining with Sha or Sho. Of course Shapshap could be the alt and one of the others the main, it just depends on what day it is.

Meh.

+3 tomes are already affordable with plat (usually see them go for 400-600k outside the AH), so Id still much rather pay plat than TP.

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Meh.

+3 tomes are already affordable with plat (usually see them go for 400-600k outside the AH), so Id still much rather pay plat than TP.
    I get 500 points a month that I often spend on stupid stuff, I rather blow those to get a cheaper +3 tome after I have already used a full set of 2s I found in game, then spend a half million plat that I do not have because I am too lazy to farm it up
    Quote Originally Posted by Varis View Post
    Is that a trick question? A nuker should heighten, empower and maximise flushing the toilet
    Quote Originally Posted by fmalfeas View Post
    It will do damage like taking a point-blank meteor swarm in the crotch. You hear me people, stop encouraging Turbine to meteor swarm crotches!

sweet! farm on!

Meh.

I must be doing something wrong. I thought I was rolling in plat when my shared bank hit 275k stored. It only stayed there a week.

I do like that there are tome upgrades. I am also looking forward to the 20 extra storage spaces in the shared bank.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

I'd kill for a paid race change...

Quote Originally Posted by Cigaran View Post
    I'd kill for a paid race change...
    I donno, I feel like if I killed for it I shouldn't have to pay.
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

Question, upgrade a +2 then pull a bound +3? increase or no?
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Community Member

Default Upgrade from +3 to +4

Someone at the leveling event today posted a "upgrade +3 to +4" strength tome from the DDO Store.

It's not there currently, so I assume they're coming at some point, although not with Update 16.

Question is, when?

Quote Originally Posted by Texlaw1992 View Post
    Someone at the leveling event today posted a "upgrade +3 to +4" strength tome from the DDO Store.

It's not there currently, so I assume they're coming at some point, although not with Update 16.

Question is, when?
    See, now THIS would sell a LOT because +4 tomes are fairly rare to come by. Question is, does Turbine have the stones to proceed with such a change knowing it would cause huge backlash from the veteran community?

Honestly, people who do EE content see +4s drop every so often anyway, so I myself am not opposed to making them easier to obtain for the general populus; the caveat is that I would like to see +5 tomes added to the loot tables in all EE raids, with a high drop rate from EE Web (anyone who argues that has never attempted that quest on EE-- it takes literally hours to complete and unless you abuse re-entries you will spend several DOZEN mana pots party-wide; it is not at ALL enjoyable on EE and even after the U16 changes to Com drops it still will not be worthwhile to run on EE unless they give another benefit as well).

Community Member

See, now THIS would sell a LOT because +4 tomes are fairly rare to come by. Question is, does Turbine have the stones to proceed with such a change knowing it would cause huge backlash from the veteran community?

Honestly, people who do EE content see +4s drop every so often anyway, so I myself am not opposed to making them easier to obtain for the general populus; the caveat is that I would like to see +5 tomes added to the loot tables in all EE raids, with a high drop rate from EE Web (anyone who argues that has never attempted that quest on EE-- it takes literally hours to complete and unless you abuse re-entries you will spend several DOZEN mana pots party-wide; it is not at ALL enjoyable on EE and even after the U16 changes to Com drops it still will not be worthwhile to run on EE unless they give another benefit as well).
    It would sell a lot but I'm against it. It's like selling +4 tomes in the store.

Leave us "veterans" "power-gamers" "elitists" or whatever you wanna call them-us something to strive for. There is already bad gear development lately, at least let us acquire the tomes by questing or we will have nothing left to look for soon.

Oh and, +5 Tomes aren't in the game IMHO. They forgot to put them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Texlaw1992 View Post

Question is, when?
    The latest Lammania build release notes state that tome upgrades will drop in chests (prolly with usual "once in never" droprate).

The funny thing is notes mention +4 to +5 upgrade, Just wait for the start of P2W threads

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by karsion View Post
    The latest Lammania build release notes state that tome upgrades will drop in chests (prolly with usual "once in never" droprate).

The funny thing is notes mention +4 to +5 upgrade, Just wait for the start of P2W threads
    How is it P2W if they drop only (at least they are not in the store yet) in chests?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    How is it P2W if they drop only (at least they are not in the store yet) in chests?
    How much do you really believe they will stay that way for more than a few months?

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    How much do you really believe they will stay that way for more than a few months?
    Why would I worry about something that has not yet happened and I have no idea if it ever will? They aren't in the store now. It's not P2W now. End.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast