Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Community Member pelaaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    337

    Default Killer Aura - 17 druid/2 monk/1 fighter DPS build

    As you walk by a lone corridor, you notice an aura eminating from a distance. You feel your sweat on your forehead, feeling the huge heat coming from that aura. And as you walk closer, you notice a creature inside a fire sphere. The creature looks at you, but doesn't act aggressively against you. You do notice a lot of corpses laying on the floor, burning from the aura. You feel also a minor quake shaking beneath your feet. In a blink of an eye, the creature disappears. As you walk to the place where the creature was, you notice that the corpses also had a very big fractions on their heads, bones sitcking out of the skin. It seems the creature used also some kind of a blunt weapon to kill these monsters... And effectively, too.
    Goals for this build:
    - Self-Sufficiency
    - Good saves with evasion
    - Good DPS
    - Fine spell damage
    - Qstaff using mostly, but others can be used thanks to Fighter lvl if not in GMoF ED

    17 druid/2 monk/1 fighter Half-Orc
    Lawful Neutral
    32-point build

    18 STR (+ level-ups)
    12 DEX
    14 CON
    8 INT ( eat +2 INT tome ASAP )
    16 WIS
    6 CHA

    If 34-point build, put 2 points into DEX, or INT. If 36-point build, put 2 points into both DEX and INT.

    Feats:

    Toughness (Monk class feat)
    Power Attack
    Cleave
    THF line (THF taken as monk class feat and GTHF takes as fighter class feat)
    Improved Critical: Bludgeoning
    Enpower Healing
    Maximize
    Quicken
    ( Epic feats: Greater Cleave and Overwhelming Critical )

    Skills:

    Max out Intimidate, Concentration and UMD. Add 1 point into Tumble at start (put 3 points into UMD) After eaten the +2 tome (or if TR with 10 INT, start), add always 1 point into Balance. If both TR with 10 INT and +2 tome eaten, your call.

    Your enhancements are very short, but try to get almost all DPS related enhancements like STR, Power Attack and Aptitude enhancements with also the prestige Season's Herald.

    Epic Destiny:
    Mostly I've been thinking of Legendary Dreadnaught or GrandMaster of Flowers. Feel free to experiment.

    (My own thought is that while using Qstaff, I'd twist Running with Wind or Walking with Waves, Hail of Blows and Dance of Flowers, but be in Legendary Dreadnaught and pick at least Momentum and Lay Waste. )

    Below is an example:

    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.14.02
    DDO Character Planner Home Page
    
    Level 20 Lawful Neutral Half-Orc Male
    (1 Fighter \ 2 Monk \ 17 Druid) 
    Hit Points: 299
    Spell Points: 1158 
    BAB: 14\14\19\24
    Fortitude: 17
    Reflex: 9
    Will: 16
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength             18                    27
    Dexterity            12                    12
    Constitution         14                    14
    Intelligence          8                    10
    Wisdom               16                    16
    Charisma              6                     6
    
    Tomes Used
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 20)
    Balance               1                     8
    Bluff                -2                    -2
    Concentration         6                    25
    Diplomacy            -2                    -2
    Disable Device       n/a                    n/a
    Haggle               -2                    -2
    Heal                  3                     3
    Hide                  1                     1
    Intimidate            0                    18
    Jump                  4                     8
    Listen                3                     3
    Move Silently         1                     1
    Open Lock             n/a                   n/a
    Perform              n/a                   n/a
    Repair               -1                     0
    Search               -1                     0
    Spot                  3                     3
    Swim                  4                     8
    Tumble                2                     2
    Use Magic Device     -0.5                   9
    
    Level 1 (Monk)
    Feat: (Selected) Power Attack
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Toughness
    
    
    Level 2 (Druid)
    
    
    Level 3 (Druid)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell
    Feat: (Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Bear
    
    
    Level 4 (Druid)
    
    
    Level 5 (Druid)
    
    
    Level 6 (Druid)
    Feat: (Selected) Cleave
    Feat: (Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Wolf
    
    
    Level 7 (Monk)
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Two Handed Fighting
    
    
    Level 8 (Druid)
    
    
    Level 9 (Druid)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Handed Fighting
    
    
    Level 10 (Druid)
    Feat: (Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Winter Wolf
    
    
    Level 11 (Druid)
    
    
    Level 12 (Druid)
    Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell
    
    
    Level 13 (Druid)
    Feat: (Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Dire Bear
    
    
    Level 14 (Druid)
    
    
    Level 15 (Druid)
    Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell
    Feat: (Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Fire Elemental
    
    
    Level 16 (Druid)
    
    
    Level 17 (Druid)
    
    
    Level 18 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Two Handed Fighting
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Bludgeoning Weapons
    
    
    Level 19 (Druid)
    
    
    Level 20 (Druid)
    Feat: (Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Water Elemental
    Enhancement: Druid Beastial Nature I
    Enhancement: Druid Beastial Nature II
    Enhancement: Druid Beastial Nature III
    Enhancement: Druid Crown of Summer
    Enhancement: Druid Season's Herald I
    Enhancement: Druid Season's Herald II
    Enhancement: Druid Spring's Resurgence
    Enhancement: Druid Winter's Heart
    Enhancement: Orcish Melee Damage I
    Enhancement: Orcish Melee Damage II
    Enhancement: Orcish Power Attack I
    Enhancement: Orcish Power Attack II
    Enhancement: Orcish Strength I
    Enhancement: Orcish Strength II
    Enhancement: Orcish Great Weapon Aptitude I
    Enhancement: Orcish Great Weapon Aptitude II
    Enhancement: Orcish Great Weapon Aptitude III
    Enhancement: Way of the Patient Tortoise I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
    Enhancement: Druid Energy of the Locus I
    Enhancement: Druid Energy of the Locus II
    Enhancement: Druid Energy of the Locus III
    Enhancement: Druid Eminence of Hoarfrost I
    Enhancement: Druid Eminence of Hoarfrost II
    Enhancement: Druid Eminence of Hoarfrost III
    Enhancement: Druid Eminence of the Sun I
    Enhancement: Druid Eminence of the Sun II
    Enhancement: Druid Eminence of the Sun III
    Enhancement: Druid Eminence of Life I
    Enhancement: Druid Eminence of Life II
    Enhancement: Druid Eminence of Life III
    Enhancement: Druid Eminence of Life IV
    Enhancement: Druid Strength I
    Enhancement: Druid Strength II
    Enhancement: Druid Toughness I
    Enhancement: Druid Toughness II
    Enhancement: Druid Toughness III
    Suggestions and feedback appreciated
    Last edited by pelaaja; 10-31-2012 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Wrong title
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

    Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

  2. #2
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    Without the +15% attack speed from acrobat II I don't see this as being good DPS. TWF'ing 18 Druid/2 monk all the way IMO. 17 Druid leaves you without a crucial level 9 spell too.

    If you want a qstaff build I can suggest:
    13 Druid (NW or SH)/6 rogue/1 barbarian
    13 Rogue/7 Druid (fatal harrier)

    Or any number of other combinations really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

  3. #3
    Community Member pelaaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    Without the +15% attack speed from acrobat II I don't see this as being good DPS. TWF'ing 18 Druid/2 monk all the way IMO. 17 Druid leaves you without a crucial level 9 spell too.
    You might not see it being a good DPS. If you think that, you can always just go with a GSword or GAxe thanks to the fighter level. Heck, you can just also go with a leather armor and forget that you have monk lvls. For me though, the DPS is fine with my +3 metalline Qstaff of Lacerating at lvl 16 (15 druid/1 monk though). and if you think the Qstaff isn't good, just go to an animal form with a Scimi and shield wielded and pick Nature's Warrior.

    May I ask what "crucial" spell? There's Mass Regenerate and Anger of the Noonday Sun. Others, well... Storm of Vengeance could be fine, I guess...

    Note: I'm not a min-maxer. I go what I like. Sure there is that 13 rogue/7 druid build, but it loses great spells provided by Druid. And besides, if I wanted to be a druid/monk with TWF, I'd pick rather Helf and put DEX to 15 and drop STR to 14. And even then, it's not what I want to do with this build.
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

    Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

  4. #4
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pelaaja View Post
    You might not see it being a good DPS. If you think that, you can always just go with a GSword or GAxe thanks to the fighter level. Heck, you can just also go with a leather armor and forget that you have monk lvls. For me though, the DPS is fine with my +3 metalline Qstaff of Lacerating at lvl 16 (15 druid/1 monk though). and if you think the Qstaff isn't good, just go to an animal form with a Scimi and shield wielded and pick Nature's Warrior.

    May I ask what "crucial" spell? There's Mass Regenerate and Anger of the Noonday Sun. Others, well... Storm of Vengeance could be fine, I guess...

    Note: I'm not a min-maxer. I go what I like. Sure there is that 13 rogue/7 druid build, but it loses great spells provided by Druid. And besides, if I wanted to be a druid/monk with TWF, I'd pick rather Helf and put DEX to 15 and drop STR to 14. And even then, it's not what I want to do with this build.
    Yes Storm of Vengeance exactly. It's a really great spell. Not to mention how preferable it would be to be able to swap between water and fire as appropriate and have both of the spells available.

    I wasn't stating an opinion on the DPS of quarterstaves, it's not what I think, it's a fact. I wouldn't be too enamoured with other THF'ing weapons either unless you have an eSoS good to go.

    But yeah, play what you like, just be aware of its shortcomings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

  5. #5
    Community Member pelaaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    Yes Storm of Vengeance exactly. It's a really great spell. Not to mention how preferable it would be to be able to swap between water and fire as appropriate and have both of the spells available.

    I wasn't stating an opinion on the DPS of quarterstaves, it's not what I think, it's a fact. I wouldn't be too enamoured with other THF'ing weapons either unless you have an eSoS good to go.

    But yeah, play what you like, just be aware of its shortcomings.
    I doubt I have enough DC to make it effective. Oh well, I can always leave Mass Regenerate when I solo things, and pick Storm of Vengeance. However, I have hard time with enhancements to boost electric damage then.

    And mostly I'm still in Fire Elemental form because of Body of the Sun and FW. However, I do have prepared Greater Creeping Cold, Ice Storm and Sleet Storm when I change to Water form. I do though find lvl 9 spell for water elementals a bit not that appealing compared to Fire elementals.

    Do note though that Sireth is a Qstaff. And also that Dance of Flowers does work with Qstaff if you're centered (Tested myself). And with Hail of Blows + Running with Wind + Wind stance, you have a quite ok doublestrike chance (8,5% chance).
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

    Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

  6. #6
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pelaaja View Post
    16 WIS
    Why so much base WIS? You don't have Stunning Fist and you're not a DC-based caster, AFAICT; the extra AC & Will saves don't seem worth the 10 stat pts you spent here.
    Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    13 Druid (NW or SH)/6 rogue/1 barbarian
    Why barb instead of monk (extra feat, Wind stance + GMoF twists for extra doublestrike)? Just for the run speed & +1 PA? For that matter, does druid 13 add anything other than lvl 7 spells?

  7. #7
    Community Member pelaaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Why so much base WIS? You don't have Stunning Fist and you're not a DC-based caster, AFAICT; the extra AC & Will saves don't seem worth the 10 stat pts you spent here.
    Although I'm not a DC caster, the extra WIS does help that you will see still quite often failed throws on Body of the Sun. Of course, if you don't want to use any DC-based spells, you can go for 20 STR and 12 WIS.
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

    Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload