Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

when you do pvp in a game whose base hadn't pnp, that hasn't been balanced for pvp, damm even hasn't places for pvp (at least big enough to make duels w/o ppl killing you), you should realize that you aren't doing pvp, at least good one (if there's 1 good one, thing i personally doubt)

ppl does pvp in 99% of time to feel skilled when they aren't capables to follow simple rutines, to humilliate other "because i won you with that" and all that stuff you use to find in 9-12 years childs, why 99% of time, cause 99% of pvp players are between this age, why they do this? cause they don't know to follow simplerutines, they are uber

turbine should remove the pvp areas, once u open the pvp door, here comes the "omfg! the game isn't balanced" well, not for pvp, having in mind our hp and our damage (both oversized) is quite obvious that the game isn't balanced for pvp, if you continue doing pvp and thinking it demonstrates something, you have a trouble, don't worry everyone has his/her own troubles, but don't come to forums to try to ruin the game just because you like 1 part of the game that doesn't exist (cause didn't exist in base and hasn't been looked ever, like balancing classes for pvp, kinda useless in a pve game, pvp games are balanced for pvp, pve games are balanced for pve, if you think different you are wrong, cause there's no game balanced in both sides, if you mention WoW i'll have to laugh, cause you are demonstrating again no idea about balance, pvp and pve)

ddo shouldn't have a bit of pvp, if someone likes pvp games there are tons of em, d&d never will be able to be a pvp base
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Quote Originally Posted by Mastikator View Post
    ...let me repeat that: Nothing comes close to fighting your equal in PvP, the difference in excitement is vast.
    *shrug

(General): Your Auction has sold.

My excitement was --vast.

Looked around... made sure...
    -Was not loitering in a bar.
    TKSK - Thelanis ("Best Server" -NyTimes).

PVP can be fun from time to time, even tried the PVP match zone a couple years ago...
    Something that could be more fun for those days when people just dont want to grind out quests.

Problems I see with PVP...
    - No level zone where you can set level ranges for open PVP.
    - No closed PVP groups where observers can watch but not interfere.(1 on 1 battles)
    - PVBosses battles rooms vs selectible named mobs with static HP's... such as face Horoth/Sulu in the purle room with all his abilities including banish..could be used as training rooms vs boss fights or solo challenge damage testing...
    - Multiple instances for PVP groups
    - PVP settings that allow you to use all your abilities and spells. Hide/Sneak, Invisibility, firewall, etc...
    - PVP zones with anti-magic fields, and those random effect energy balls moving around.
    - Rest/Rez Shrines.
    - PVP HP Scaling - too many 1 shot abilities as players dont have monster HP's.
    - Guild battles for renown bounties (daily limit cap of course .. this is for fun.. not for power levelling guilds)
    - Goofy prizes for PVP'ers - PVP points(win/lose everyone gets points) that can be used to get unique cosmetic pets or other novelty items like cosmetic skins...whatever....

Lots of easily implemented options, could help with testing of a lot of bugs as well as pvp zones can be used to repetively repeat specific spells/attacks with meaningful observable results.(would be nice to see a damage and proc calculater to show average/burst/min/max damage statistics vs different static bosses)
    Last edited by JOTMON; 01-31-2013 at 09:18 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

There is no skill in the pits.
    I find them more annoying than anything else.

Occasionally I can have fun in them, but it is almost always by watching someone bets up a bunch of people, and then jumping in with a Manyshotting W/P Bow.

Aslo kinda fun to disable someone at a distance and then beat him down.

Doesn't prove a thing though. And gets old fast.

Mostly the pits are full of young bullies.

The arenas are somewhat better.
    And have some potential.

They need to fix stealth though. A big one IMO.

All player abilities should work in PvP.

The fun for me in PvP woul dbe to outsmart another players. Not just beat him down with brute force.

I want movement, and terrain to matter.

I would like to see multi-group dungeons with mazes and multiple paths to get somewhere.
    Traps that isolated people from their friends.

Monsters to overcome.
    Choice to make on whether to other players now, or beat down a monster together first.

Betrayal!
    Trickery!
    Ambushes!

These are the things that would make PvP fun IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member

Default keep pvp in the ring

just saw something sad an undead pc killed in the harbor by turn undead wouldnt a line of code fix this grey out the ability in town or atleast turn the damage down to minimum while in a friendly area to prevent death instantly then the assailant was surprised and stood there shocked the action worked in town tho the victom didn't general chat bash the perp just somewhat comedically ask "Y".... but still some sadist could runaround killing undead pcs for fun and the pcs couldnt even fight back.... new rule dont turn undead in town cause it might be a friendly corpse....... can we fix this how about an aura in town preventing elemental damage or just an 80 lvl buff to the undeads turn resistance

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla93 View Post
    Well right now pvp is "wins who hits first" because everyone with ED have at least one 1,5k+ dmg skill. And no one in game have enough hp to survive it (ok... I saw 1 tank with 1,4k :Pbut most people dont. And most attacks land for much more than 1,5k :P.)
    So 2 archers battle and the first one to hit adrenaline wins...lots of skill there. PvP is the most retarded part of DDO. Children seem to enjoy although, but have you seen some of the **** they watch on TV nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan220 View Post
    First off, this isnt a PvP hate thread - this just my recent experience Id like to share.

So I went to the Harbour PvP on my L24 Earth Savantjust to see if Vortex, Burst and Breath worked.

A Guildie happened to be there and kindly let me try it on him in a quiet corner.

Come the end of the trial we decided to have a match of our own. We buffed up and the ready signal was to jump in the air.

My Earth Savant is my most powerful alt and it was with quiet confidence that I approached the coming bout - after all what can stop a mighty WF Sorc.

So we jump and this battle begins......

I like to think I lasted 2 seconds , but in reality it was closer to just 1.

With dented ego I congratulated my Guildie and slunk off with my tail between my legs.

Oh how the mighty had fallen.

I guess I'll not be going there any time soon.

:-)
    Just out of curiosity, what where your guildie specs? Personally, I never PvP, except a few rare exceptions (like in your case, if I want to help a guildie, or need a guildies help to test something, or just have some brute fun with them). Most of the time I'm around the pits in the Harbor, I'm there with my high level cleric healing and casting buffs just because its fun to see people around me like a Sun-venerating-people...

Then, I also have a Sorc. Level 19 right now, TRd, 3rd life, Water Savant. But she is a fleshy elf
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    There is no skill in the pits.
    Indeed
    The arenas are somewhat better.
    And have some potential.
    Indeed.

We are having a lot of fun with organize challenge arena events:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ds-be-with-you!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by msdesign View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what where your guildie specs? Personally, I never PvP, except a few rare exceptions (like in your case, if I want to help a guildie, or need a guildies help to test something, or just have some brute fun with them). Most of the time I'm around the pits in the Harbor, I'm there with my high level cleric healing and casting buffs just because its fun to see people around me like a Sun-venerating-people...

Then, I also have a Sorc. Level 19 right now, TRd, 3rd life, Water Savant. But she is a fleshy elf
    Necro-ed thread. Wouldn't expect an answer to that.

Well right now pvp is "wins who hits first" because everyone with ED have at least one 1,5k+ dmg skill. And no one in game have enough hp to survive it (ok... I saw 1 tank with 1,4k :Pbut most people dont. And most attacks land for much more than 1,5k :P.)
    I think level grading taverns is a good idea. I honestly would like to see PvP completely removed from the game. On the server I use the wayward lobster is the PvP place. Theres a small group of people who only play the game in order to kill everyone in that tiny digital box. They endlessly farm items that only really work well in PvP and they do every epic destiny so they have all the twists and theyre all VIP so they can switch at will. They pretty much kill anyone who tries to test spells or just hang out over and over. As a result many new players have quit and the number of people on the server I use is at an all time low. Imagine a new player level two or something walks in to the bar and gets killed over and over my some angry teenager. That players pretty much says wow this game is full of mean people look at the lfms theyre all rude u walk in the bar and everyone kills u Im out ill go play a different game. Seen it happen many times. Get rid of PvP.

Community Member

My tank has 2,131 standing HP....
    The Fanciest Toaster on Thelanis
    Vidawrath | Murowrath | Sanawrath | Sulator | Beaterbot | Runerbot

Quote Originally Posted by mkmcgw17 View Post
    I think level grading taverns is a good idea. I honestly would like to see PvP completely removed from the game. On the server I use the wayward lobster is the PvP place. Theres a small group of people who only play the game in order to kill everyone in that tiny digital box. They endlessly farm items that only really work well in PvP and they do every epic destiny so they have all the twists and theyre all VIP so they can switch at will. They pretty much kill anyone who tries to test spells or just hang out over and over. As a result many new players have quit and the number of people on the server I use is at an all time low. Imagine a new player level two or something walks in to the bar and gets killed over and over my some angry teenager. That players pretty much says wow this game is full of mean people look at the lfms theyre all rude u walk in the bar and everyone kills u Im out ill go play a different game. Seen it happen many times. Get rid of PvP.
    If you're new and you cant figure out which part of the bar to not go in then I'd confidently say you probably wont last long with DDO.
    I highly doubt that a lot of the new players you speak of have quit because of pvp in the wayward lobster........ through the door you have to step through to take part in pvp...
    DDO is one of the few mmorpgs out there that you have to blatantly try in order to take part in any pvp at all.
    It honestly sounds to me like you may have been pvp violated in the face and you're a bit bitter?

edit* Hellooooo necro
    Last edited by khamastus; 04-29-2014 at 01:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by teh_meh View Post
    1337 x Pi = 80081E5

Community Member

Hello

Im the OP.

Considering I started this post in 2012 as a "share my experience" thread, Im suprised its still going.

Long live PvP (but not for me of course)

:-)
    Corazonroto
    Soultrax
    Mantrax
    The Spellswords - Ghallanda

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Ah, this reminds me of a story from way back. I'm not big on pvp, so never go there. But I had worked hard with a guildmate to make a fighter who could hit anything (back in the dark ages before epics were a thing). Same guildie decided to make a toon for himself that he believed nothing could hit, and he was doing pretty well in the pve areas. So he decided to test it for some reason, and had me bring Sabretuth to the tavern. We're standing there with a bunch of guildmates around while I'm wibbling that I didn't think in a friendly 'everyone is nice to everyone else' kinda guild I didn't think as a guild leader I should be killing my guild peeps, and he's yelling at me to hit him. So finally I raise my axe and swing... while he's typing to everyone that I need to stop worrying as I won't harm him...

I watch the axe swing after I push the button, I watch the Really Big damage numbers float out, and I watch guildie die. I not only hit him, I crit him and one shot killed him. I felt awful for a week. But it did show him where some of the chinks in his plan were, so I guess it worked out in the end.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Nvm
    Last edited by Uska; 05-13-2014 at 11:37 AM.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Default no platform targeting

eliminate possable platform targeting would help alot if possible...PVP feels like'' a who can click /target faster in game'' ,rather than a battle between epic players
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 79Ghallanda /43 Sarlona

whn i start playing game, i send somtimes time in lobster, pvp suck and i honestly dont care pvp in ddo at all, meybe once in year i step in lobster and kill somone lol
    kokaisa cc/nuker drow warlock. .agrippe aa. farim-1 monk. meatmountain barbarian.boltergaist arti(retired pileon)
    Renowned in thelanis
    DDO on YOUTUBE CHANNEL

nvm
    Last edited by Uska; 12-17-2014 at 02:52 PM.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

PvP is not very funny or entertaining but also isn't 'first who clicks adrenaline wins' if you know how you can evade monkchers shooting at you. The EDs killed PvP anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by khamastus View Post
    If you're new and you cant figure out which part of the bar to not go in then I'd confidently say you probably wont last long with DDO.
    I highly doubt that a lot of the new players you speak of have quit because of pvp in the wayward lobster........ through the door you have to step through to take part in pvp...
    DDO is one of the few mmorpgs out there that you have to blatantly try in order to take part in any pvp at all.
    It honestly sounds to me like you may have been pvp violated in the face and you're a bit bitter?

edit* Hellooooo necro
    Apparently you never met some of the ghallanda pvp lobster geeks...hope you like players, you never met ,texting curses and obscenities at new players ,as well as older ones. I didnt know about gold spammer then ;just squelched em all...good riddance!
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 79Ghallanda /43 Sarlona

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast