Default 18 wizard 2 arti

i had been thinking about this lately and wasn't sure how this would maybe work out. it was just an idea. i own epic destinies plan to level to 25 3x past life wizard 1x fvs. moderately geared.

it was just an idea i was thinking that could work and no arti wouldnt be main damage. just alternate. my toon is wf if that helps. +3 tomes on all stats. no i dont want to do wiz rogue. Done it. Want to try something different. anyone have any ideas if this could work out? for wizard i was looking at palemaster lich form.

Sketchy Adventurer aradelothion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    i had been thinking about this lately and wasn't sure how this would maybe work out. it was just an idea. i own epic destinies plan to level to 25 3x past life wizard 1x fvs. moderately geared.

it was just an idea i was thinking that could work and no arti wouldnt be main damage. just alternate. my toon is wf if that helps. +3 tomes on all stats. no i dont want to do wiz rogue. Done it. Want to try something different. anyone have any ideas if this could work out? for wizard i was looking at palemaster lich form.
    A guildie went through his wiz life as 17/3 for Insightful Strikes. Archmage though. He mostly used Wounding of Puncturing, Cursespewers, Roaring I think; basically stuff that lowered saves, then hit them with a FoD or PK. WoPs can be crafted ML7 IIRC, and are pretty viable til 18-20.
    Last edited by aradelothion; 10-30-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    Asmodeux | Carollous Magnus | Angeleus Dei | Solkanaar | Damodarius
    P I N O Y
    In my world, everyone's a pony, and we all eat rainbows and pewp butterfiles... of death.

Community Member

After 3 wiz lives, and a sorc life, and a druid life, I have started up a sorc/arti, which is very similiar.

I'm loving it. It's fun.

caveat: I haven't gotten to 20 with this build yet... but it's dang fun! Seriously. And I thought 2 levels of rogue was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    After 3 wiz lives, and a sorc life, and a druid life, I have started up a sorc/arti, which is very similiar.

I'm loving it. It's fun.

caveat: I haven't gotten to 20 with this build yet... but it's dang fun! Seriously. And I thought 2 levels of rogue was fun.
    well its not that i hated it with a passion. i enjoyed the traps skill and evasion but i just for once wanted to try something else. i also didnt want to make it horrible either. it would be something different to see it run around and be able to heal in lich or wf mode. i lose capstone a little sp some spell slots and a wizard feat. that is all i saw in loss. So it just made me wonder if it could work. its the reason i love ddo too.

Being able to randomly come up with a crazy build that can still work decently. See i wouldn't have really considered it until i saw epic destinies come out. then that is when i started to consider it. i have my eardweller staff of necromancer bauble torc etc. like i said i have reasonable gear and would maybe need to juggle a little. So anyone else thought of this too?

Quote Originally Posted by aradelothion View Post
    A guildie went through his wiz life as 17/3 for Insightful Strikes. Archmage though. He mostly used Wounding of Puncturing, Cursespewers, Roaring I think; basically stuff that lowered saves, then hit them with a FoD or PK. WoPs can be crafted ML7 IIRC, and are pretty viable til 18-20.
    i figured i could scroll insightful strikes depending on the duration of it. i wanted to keep lich.

i figured i could scroll insightful strikes depending on the duration of it. i wanted to keep lich.
    It's 5 minutes from scrolls iirc; not sure how long it'll be on a 2 arti. Even if it's 5, it's still pretty manageable. I'm not quite sure if this is going to be your end build, or just something to do a quick wiz life, but I can say from what I've seen that during heroic levels, the xbow stuff worked pretty well - imo better than 2 rogue because you can do so many things with xbows. Lots of luck!
    P I N O Y
    In my world, everyone's a pony, and we all eat rainbows and pewp butterfiles... of death.

Community Member

Sadly that won't work, as repeaters are two handers... unless you meant scroll it onto some other weapon....

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    Sadly that won't work, as repeaters are two handers... unless you meant scroll it onto some other weapon....
    bah i forgot that. see i wasnt thinking. nah it would be end game even thinking dc wise i lose 1-2 right?

bah i forgot that. see i wasnt thinking. nah it would be end game even thinking dc wise i lose 1-2 right?
    Forgot about the repeaters being 2-handed as well, nice catch lol. Assuming similar race and past lives, you're behind 1 DC by not having the capstone. 2 behind in spell pen, which you can offset by having an improved shattermantle repeater. You'll have to farm up that new ml24 mabar cloak to get +3 necro dc's tho. Unfortunately this means you'll need to slot the +3 insight trinket, which means you can't use litany for max DC.. so overall probably -2 DC.
    P I N O Y

well i wont always use the repeater either i can always change to other stuff well ill keep looking into it before i go through with it.