Default Iron Defender questions

Mebbe I'm just plain dumb, but I'm clueless about how to equip the pets (not creature companions) like Iron Defenders with collars & docents.
    Help?
    btw I have never run an arti before- I just built my first one today.

edit: oh, now that's neat. I just found how to equip gear... and other stuff.
    Last edited by Uamhas; 10-29-2012 at 03:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beol
    AA is a river with currents both of a profound acceptance of individuality and of a certain love for brutal efficiency.
    xX-----==<<<Yes, I roleplay. Get over it.>>>==-----Xx

Default Just in case anyone else needs to know:

Open your character sheet.

Look in the upper right hand corner, just below the "crafting" tab.

You will see a button marked "pet". Click on that and it opens up the the pets sheet.

This works for both the iron defender and wolf pets.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Further info on your doggy:

If you have augment summons especially, it can usually handle pretty much any lever or rune that the arty can't manage, so you can solo an all-optional run of tear of dhakan, for example.

Your doggy sees dead people! If you die, just highlight your soulstone & tell the dog to pick it up, then it'll carry it, follow your ghost & still be able to follow orders like attacking specific things, opening the door to the shrine, etc. so its not necessarily a wipe if he's still alive & there isnt too much resistance on the way Assuming it isn't bugged, naturally...

A good thing i find for the dog is not to take any of the alignment enhancements for him, and craft or find a greater/superior stability docent - it'll provide a great boost to saves & ac. Other good options are the blademarks & gorgon docents, and later on i find the beholder plate (slotted with +reflex saves) to be very handy, combine with a destruction or improved destruction collar (or shattermantle/improved shattermantle depending on quest) & you have a nice little automated debuffer to assist you & your party. Paralysing, cursespewing etc. are nice too. At very high levels, the quorforged docent from mindsunder & epic blademarks docent are excellent - haven't tried the MOTU docents on mine yet, though the grave wrappings make for a very nice collar conversion once you hit epic levels
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.