Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default aLiclan improvement on loot policy.

Hello everyone, I would like to inform you of a recent change/improvement to the guild's looting policy that might or might not affect PUG or clan channel raiding/grouping.
    This post is to clarify our loot policy for those not in our guild.

As of 28 October 2012 we now have two situations to which we apply or don’t apply our guild loot policy. If we are in the majority of a group (3 people or more) or raid (6 people or more) and we are leading the group, we will notify the group at the start that it is a clan raid and that the loot policy will apply. Should anyone not wish to participate based on this rule we welcome you to find another group.
    If we are not in the majority we will not impose any loot rules to said groups, meaning we will also be able to do with our own loot as we see fit.

All loot division will be based on need before greed. So basically if you need the item loot it, otherwise put it up for roll. The roll should include everyone (even if a member of your guild needs the item). Items to put up for roll if not needed include: raid loot, +3 and +4 tomes and Epic shards and seals.

This policy has been put into place to even the playing field between us and the rest of the server so that we can be fair to everyone involved whilst still preserving our identity as a guild.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
    Thank you all for the great time we been on Thelanis!

PS: If you have any questions, you can contact Wolfspyryt, Moraadin, and Sonofhunta, or out of the game via forum pm. Thx!

EDIT: Revised version of the original post following:

As of 28 October 2012 we now have two situations to which we apply or don’t apply our guild loot policy.

If we are in the majority of a group (3 people or more) or raid (6 people or more), the majority being created because we are leading the party, we will notify the group at the start of the quest, once final numbers have been ascertained, whether it is a majority clan raid and whether our standard guild loot policy will apply. Should anyone not wish to participate based on our standard guild loot policy then we welcome you to find or make another group.

The standard aliclan fair for all loot rule is:-

All loot division will be based on need before greed. So basically, your loot is your loot and should you need the item then loot it, no-one will question your motives for looting what you pull. Otherwise, if you decide that the item will not benefit your character if it is BTC, or any alt if it is BTA, then put it up for roll.

The roll should include everyone in the party as everyone else helped towards the final completion of the quest (even if another member of your guild needs the item and is a member of the party, this includes aliclan members as well). Items to be put up for roll if not needed include: raid loot, +3 and +4 tomes and Epic shards and seals.

If we are leading a minority party, we will not ask people to adhere to any loot rules in said groups, they can do whatever they like with their loot and aliclan members will also do the same.

This policy has been put into place to even the playing field between ourselves and the rest of the server so that we can be fair to everyone involved whilst still preserving our identity as a guild.

Finally, aliclan members are more than happy to abide by other guilds raid/quest rules when we join their raids and groups as puggers, obviously we would expect any such rules to be stated at outset so we also have the opportunity to walk away and make our own group or join another.

Last edited by Sonofmoradin; 10-31-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    Founder member of aLiclan

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofmoradin View Post
    Hello everyone, I would like to inform you of a recent change/improvement to the guild's looting policy that might or might not affect PUG or clan channel raiding/grouping.

Here is the link with the information, we decided to be public so everyone is aware, or interested.

http://my.ddo.com/guild-thelanis-ali...policy-public/

Thank you all for the great time we been on Thelanis!

PS: If you have any questions, you can contact Wolfspyryt, Moraadin, and Sonofhunta, or out of the game via forum pm. Thx!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonofmoradin View Post

As of 28 October 2012 we now have two situations to which we apply or don’t apply our guild loot policy. If we are in the majority of a group (3 people or more) or raid (6 people or more) we will notify the group at the start that it is a clan raid and that the loot policy will apply. Should anyone not wish to participate based on this rule we welcome you to find another group.

If we are not in the majority we will not impose any loot rules to said groups, meaning we will also be able to do with our own loot as we see fit.

All loot division will be based on need before greed. So basically if you need the item loot it, otherwise put it up for roll. The roll should include everyone (even if a member of your guild needs the item). Items to put up for roll if not needed include: raid loot, +3 and +4 tomes and Epic shards and seals.

This policy has been put into place to even the playing field between us and the rest of the server so that we can be fair to everyone involved whilst still preserving our identity as a guild.

So I requoted your link for ease... the only issue that i have with this is that there is not a chance in hades that if i pull something in a run with my RL brother or either of the other 2 guys in my 4 man guild, will i pass said item over on a roll to anyone other than them if they need it.

While I find it admirable that you are saying that you will follow these rules as well, haven't we had enough discussions that "my loot is my loot" and you cannot tell people how to pass it?

I have enjoyed running with all of you all but if you think that me not abiding by your "raid rules" just because you have 6 guys in a raid (or three in a party), might as well add me to the list now.

Just my 2cp

Dark, Guild Leader of No Politics
    Darkrune TRx2 lvl 20 FvS, Darkdivinity lvl 20 cleric, Darkaxe lvl 20 fighter, Darktune TRx1 lvl 4bard, Darkbow lvl 20 AA Ranger, Darksoldier TRx1 lvl 20 Barb, Darkspells TRx2 lvl 20 Wizard, Darkbattle TRx1 lvl 20 artificer, Darktemper lvl 17 Ranger, Darkfists TRx1 lvl 20 Monk, Darkherald lvl 5 paladin Guild Leader of No Politics Thelanis Server

Quote Originally Posted by darkrune View Post
    So I requoted your link for ease... the only issue that i have with this is that there is not a chance in hades that if i pull something in a run with my RL brother or either of the other 2 guys in my 4 man guild, will i pass said item over on a roll to anyone other than them if they need it.

While I find it admirable that you are saying that you will follow these rules as well, haven't we had enough discussions that "my loot is my loot" and you cannot tell people how to pass it?

I have enjoyed running with all of you all but if you think that me not abiding by your "raid rules" just because you have 6 guys in a raid (or three in a party), might as well add me to the list now.

Just my 2cp

Dark, Guild Leader of No Politics
    Unless this group is been led by us in which case you will be informed and if you do not like it you are welcome to start a new group and leave.

Yeah, need to clarify that, thx.

Smile

Running guild raids often, no one imposes such silly rules on others that they must forfeit their loot. (Thank you for clarifying)
    There is no way to enforce such a thing anyway.
    Last edited by Kawai; 10-30-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    TKSK - Thelanis ("Best Server" -NyTimes).

I am really surprised that some people still can't read on 2012.

Nevertheless, original post edited with the clarification.
    Last edited by Sonofmoradin; 10-29-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Edit, cleared up in the OP

This means I would have to violate my guild policy by-laws

no deal.

Not sure why you would want to force conflicts of other guilds loot policys by dictating on what they can and can not do with the loot they pull.

Oh well guess we cant join your raids if there is 2 or more of us. but I guess that not much problem if we have 2 ppl that want to run a raid/quest we just host it ourselfs anyways.

Just find it odd you want to exclude us from joining your raids/groups when we dont exclude you from ours
    Last edited by Purgatory; 10-29-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Well at least you are being upfront about expectations. I was in a guild that did some rules about loot quite some time ago (just after the server merge way back when), we were also upfront about it. Even still it came with alot of headaches and some drama. Best of luck to you.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

So basically, if you want to roll with an aLiclan Raid/Quest, no:

-Loot Buying
    -Shadow Passing
    -Texas Double Steps
    -No Roll Passing
    -Troll Looting
    -Proxy Rolling
    -etc.

or you're excluded from running with aLiclan. Seems pretty simple.

While I'm usually a fan of 'your loot is your loot', it's nice that you guys are being up front about your expectations inside your sponsored runs.
    Last edited by Nubicus; 10-29-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: How could I forget about Proxy rolling? Classic.
    Officer of the Kobold Workers' Union

Fudder Partyshield, Ragnirock

Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    Well at least you are being upfront about expectations. I was in a guild that did some rules about loot quite some time ago (just after the server merge way back when), we were also upfront about it. Even still it came with alot of headaches and some drama. Best of luck to you.
    Thx. This has been implemented in the past with no problems, so there is already the know how experience.

I fully support the OP's policy; however, what the heck is a "Texas double step?"

The Texas Double Step is a name I made up for: Proxy Rolling on Loot, and then Auctioning it off. Saw it happen in a VoN a few months ago.

Thumbs down LOLz

Good luck with that. Please also announce this multiple times so I can make sure I leave your groups which will NEVER fill under these rules.

Our rules are simple and pretty much accepted server wide. Your loot is yours to loot, pass, or put up for roll. My personal rules are: Do I need? If no, does a guild member need? If no, up for roll for anyone.
    Last edited by The10man; 10-29-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    Dungeon Alert and difficulty scaling killing LFMs since 9-1-2009.

Quote Originally Posted by The10man View Post
    Good luck with that. Oh and as my RL brother and Guild leader said so eloquently, feel free to exclude me from your runs. Please also announce this multiple times so I can make sure I leave your groups which will NEVER fill under these rules.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure they'll have no problem filling with or without this rule in place.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Good luck with that. Oh and as my RL brother and Guild leader said so eloquently, feel free to exclude me from your runs. Please also announce this multiple times so I can make sure I leave your groups which will NEVER fill under these rules.
    Meh, I myself would rather join a group with a set of pre-determined rules that treats everyone in the group/raid equally then one where all the loot is kept "in house." But heck alot of folks join(have joined) raids where there were "loot rules" in place but as a pugger you were not eligible to even know they existed as much as the loot that got passed before your eyes. I give them kudos for being upfront about it.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Good luck with that. Please also announce this multiple times so I can make sure I leave your groups which will NEVER fill under these rules.

Our rules are simple and pretty much accepted server wide. Your loot is yours to loot, pass, or put up for roll. My personal rules are: Do I need? If no, does a guild member need? If no, up for roll for anyone.
    I had a really funny "come back" for you however I will take the High Road and just say this.

I would gladly run with aLiclan any day of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, although VIP players do get free Gold rolls on Daily Dice, so that might fit into your criteria. But when it comes to chest drops, chain rewards, general Daily Dice rolls (what number you get), etc., VIP does not confer additional "luck".

Blah, I actually like running with you guys. Sucks that I won't be able to any more. Oh well, you all are welcome in Legion runs at any time.

Please try to remember your commitment to state your policy in advance. I won't take kindly to getting abused for what I do with my loot if I unknowingly end up in a Clan run with no announcement. I don't plan on keeping track of what guild the person with the star happens to be in.

You might consider adding "(Clan Loot Policy)" in your LFMs to keep from wasting people's time. For example, I swap over to help a Raid LFM that needs a healer, sit there for 10+ minutes while the party fills and makes their way to the entrance and then hear that btw, we expect you to follow our loot rules or else leave the party.

The earlier the better. Inconveniencing other players or wasting their limited game time trying to dictate what people do with their loot is quickest way to get your guild blacklisted from the rest of the community. You may not care now that you don't need the rest of us to fill your raids, but I've been around awhile and situations do change.

A couple tips from your Uncle Ren.

Good luck guys.
    [RENEGADE (Monk) - LEGION - FOUNDER AUG 2005]
    Blutus, Bodak, Diablo, Guilloteen, Jellybean, Mantikor
    Marauder, Renaissance, Rigormortiss, Ungajinga, Valkyrie
    1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon

I look forward to guest starring in your runs in the future but as our by-laws, along with most of the other top guilds', contadict your laws I won't be able to run if there's another guy from guild in the party.
    Work is the curse of the drinking class.
    ~Oscar Wilde~
    **LEGION**
    Foxxom, Masrie, Eyetunes, Foxom, Focksom

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Thanks for making this clear.

I feel a little uncomfortable in the at I may want to pass say an SoS shard to a friend who has no eSoS on any of their characters but instead have to put it up for roll amongst a group of people who may have several eSOSes amongst multiple characters.

I do appreciate that you are trying to be fair across the whole raid group. I have had friends though who for some weird reason are just the most unluckiest people and sometimes I just want to give them a break y'know?

Thanks for keeping us informed. It would probably help if you put 'clan loot policy' or something in your lfm as like others I don't tend to pay that much attention to who is running stuff just names of people I like.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Community Member

Oi loot policy, always contentious.

Wish whole server followed this policy, bummer it doesn't. But since it doesn't your already finding guilds that view it as opposition to their own guild rules of guild priority being first. Bummer, and like someone mentioned only comes into play if a second/third person from their guild decides to join that group/raid. And really, can you seriously not de-prioritize passing loot to your guild members for a single raid if you both want to join the raid and like the people running it? sounds pretty stubborn and counterproductive to me. really letting a non guild member roll on your loot since your rolling on theirs isn't THAT painful...i promise

Meli and others bring up bleeding heart scenarios that obviously can be viewed as priority under the need before greed law.
    Reckter: 28 heroic, 3 iconic and 19 eic PLs, now a 17 art/3rog shadar-kai. Anhilliation: 3x wiz/sorc PLs, 13 epic PLs now a dwarf 17barb/3bard. . Vikzor: 2xfvs + 4x epic PL horc 19fvs 1 fighter. Rekter: 3x rog & 1 fighter + 4 epic PLs, h-orc 13 rogue 6 monk 1 druid. Veisha: 3x bard + 4 epic PLs, PDK 16 bard 4 fighter.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast