Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    We need to get something standardized, since typing out soloing with a hire is too clunky, and even then, someone will argue that just using the word solo in this context is wrong. But i'm not going to say i duoed it if my partner is a hireling. Holoing is as good as anything i guess, as long as people don't just think it's a typo.
    How about we don't call it anything and let those who think it's wrong just deal with it.

Community Member

Dont like necroposting... but figured out that creating a new post wasnt the way to go. This can also be achieved by (since I killed all the mobs around the lever that people usualy use) can be achieved by targeting the shrine nearby and posting the hireling on the other side of the plate. worked perfectly for me ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    How about we don't call it anything and let those who think it's wrong just deal with it.
    ^THIS.

Because it IS soloing. You are the only PLAYER in the quest. And besides, it could be argued that it's actually harder with a hireling, since you not only have to watch your own back, but also babysit the the hireling so they don't do any of the dozens of stupid things hirelings do to get themselves killed.

When an airplane pilot does a SOLO flight, if they use their autopilot, it's still a solo flight.

Anyone that thinks running a quest with a hire isn't soloing can go kiss a kobold.

BTW...no need to set hirelings to Passive to do those switches. Just park 'em and put em on "stand ground". I say this because I've found that sometimes when you put your hireling on Passive, they don't want to come OFF Passive, even when you set their stance to Defend or Active. They just follow you around and stand there or the rest of the quest.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    Someday maybe someone will come up with a term for soloing with a hire. I think the majority of posters would say that it is soloing, myself included. Some folks seem to take offense at this. Yet it clearly isn't the same as doing the quest with another actual player. So a new term is in order.
    Every game I have ever played called it "Moloing" as in Solo w/Mercenary. Easy and makes sense. No need to reinvent the wheel.

As far as the underwater tunnel part, as others have said...

1) Mercenary w/summoning abilities.
    2) Mercenary + (Robo) Doggy
    3) Follow the cool video

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arnez View Post
    The underwater part is possible. I've done it once. I found the answer in these forums somewhere- it involved parking your hireling almost on the switch and calling them to you. They take a step and the gate opens.
    I have done it with two hirelings in the past. This is the easiest way I have found:

1. Park hireling #1 at the entrance.
    2. Park hireling #2 inside the room where the shrine is.
    3. Go stand on the A button.
    4. Summon hireling #1 to you. This will cause them to teleport onto the A button. If you attempt to get this hireling to just follow you around, they will almost never end up on the A button.
    5. Target hireling #1 and begin your swim.
    6. When you need the A gate raised, command hireling #2 to guard hireling #1 and then take them off of "park". Do *not* summon them to you! Taking them off "park" will cause them to run along the wall and end up stepping on the A button.
    7. Complete your swim, kill the undead and take their stuff.

Yes you can solo Delera's. I have done it a few time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123