Dont like necroposting... but figured out that creating a new post wasnt the way to go. This can also be achieved by (since I killed all the mobs around the lever that people usualy use) can be achieved by targeting the shrine nearby and posting the hireling on the other side of the plate. worked perfectly for me ^^
Because it IS soloing. You are the only PLAYER in the quest. And besides, it could be argued that it's actually harder with a hireling, since you not only have to watch your own back, but also babysit the the hireling so they don't do any of the dozens of stupid things hirelings do to get themselves killed.
When an airplane pilot does a SOLO flight, if they use their autopilot, it's still a solo flight.
Anyone that thinks running a quest with a hire isn't soloing can go kiss a kobold.
BTW...no need to set hirelings to Passive to do those switches. Just park 'em and put em on "stand ground". I say this because I've found that sometimes when you put your hireling on Passive, they don't want to come OFF Passive, even when you set their stance to Defend or Active. They just follow you around and stand there or the rest of the quest.
All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.
As far as the underwater tunnel part, as others have said...
1) Mercenary w/summoning abilities.
2) Mercenary + (Robo) Doggy
3) Follow the cool video
1. Park hireling #1 at the entrance.
2. Park hireling #2 inside the room where the shrine is.
3. Go stand on the A button.
4. Summon hireling #1 to you. This will cause them to teleport onto the A button. If you attempt to get this hireling to just follow you around, they will almost never end up on the A button.
5. Target hireling #1 and begin your swim.
6. When you need the A gate raised, command hireling #2 to guard hireling #1 and then take them off of "park". Do *not* summon them to you! Taking them off "park" will cause them to run along the wall and end up stepping on the A button.
7. Complete your swim, kill the undead and take their stuff.
This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.Reload