Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

We're getting to the point where I have almost no experience with any of hte content, out of the ones you listed - I've only ever run Three Barrel and Depths - Even then I've only run each of them once. So my opinion isnt really all that valuable on these. I've never run Necro, but I've run Delera's a bunch, but not enough to have it memorized. So From this point on, it's going to be an experience for sure. lol

I say the most beneficial gear for our level would be the red fens. Running that under leveled on hard should prove a sufficient challenge. The above mentioned quests have nothing I would miss. I would even suggest to skip Delera's to save those that may fall behind a good xp boost for catching up.

Two that I definitely don't want to miss are VON and RedFens.

My main gear concerns right now are fort and deathblock.
    Farm astral diamonds in game. I've been playing for only a year + a bit but I already have 2 astral diamonds. 3 more and I'll be able to do something with them.

The Sacred Helm from Red Fens sounds really really nice right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddrow View Post
    I say the most beneficial gear for our level would be the red fens. Running that under leveled on hard should prove a sufficient challenge. The above mentioned quests have nothing I would miss. I would even suggest to skip Delera's to save those that may fall behind a good xp boost for catching up.

Two that I definitely don't want to miss are VON and RedFens.

My main gear concerns right now are fort and deathblock.

I think we'll still run Delera's chain as it has some potentially valuable end rewards for a group such as ours. I think to help mitigate the XP gain that those of us with tomes have, I'll rule either that while the VOM can be chosen as an end reward for the +1 luck bonus, players with tomes may not use them for additional XP gain.

So basically we'll go from 'everyone have their voices on?' to 'everyone but Inuria have their voices off?' before finishing a quest.

Another way we can help Inuria offset our increased XP gain is to farm part 2 a bit with other characters so Inuria can bank some xps.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoom View Post
    The Sacred Helm from Red Fens sounds really really nice right now.
    Yeah or Shaman's Beads, Siren's Charm, Ring of the Mire... I'd be happy to get any of them.

Why don't I see any votes for a Threnal run?

Quote Originally Posted by Warhulk View Post
    Why don't I see any votes for a Threnal run?
    Because I assumed we would definitely be running it!

Default No cleric, no problem!

Wednesday 12/19/12

"Well," began Flynte, "I've got some bad news and good news."

"There's always bad news." said Temudgin.

"What's the bad news?" asked Dazani?

"It looks like Grawlfang won't be able to join us on our next quest because of some family obligations." Flynte explained.

"What family obligations?" asked Inuria.

"I didn't even know he had family," said Texvites. "I mean he's a half-Orc, right? I just figured he was an orphan or somethin."

"Maybe 'family obligations' is actually code for 'hangover'?" suggest Dazani helpfully.

"It figures our cleric turns out to be a drunkard," sighed Temudgin. "It's always something bad."

"Drunkard? Hangover?" Flynte scratched his head. "Uhmmm I dunno about any of that guys, but I'm pretty sure he said 'family obligations'."

"But how does an orphan have a family?" asked Texvites quizzically.

"Maybe it's someone else's family obligations?" suggested Inuria.

"Yeah," said Dazani. "Maybe he's got to marry someone?"

"He's got a fiance?" said Texvites. The Warforged looked puzzled. "When did that happen? Is it that Lady Azdel? He was talkin' to her for a long time after we rescued her from those Orcs."

"Lady Azdel? What? Uh..."

"No, no!" said Dazani. "I mean maybe he's going to marry some people to each other. He is a cleric."

"Wait! Stop!" shouted Flynte in exasperation. "Look, I don't know where he is or what he's doing. But I'm pretty sure he's not hungover and he's not marrying anybody!"

"It's just as well," said Temudgin to no one in particular. "Marriages always seem to end in divorce anyway..."

Flynte smacked his forehead with his palm. "Whatever! Look, he's not coming on this quest with us! That is the BAD NEWS! OK?"

"OK," replied Inuria after a moment. "Not having our cleric is definitely bad news. So what is the GOOD news?"

"Yes!" said Flynte brightening now that the group had seemed to get past trying to determine the cause of Grawlfang's absence. "The GOOD news! Well... the GOOD news is that even though we don't have Grawlfang... we're still going on a quest!"

"Where are we going?" asked Inuria. "I'm a bit reluctant to take on anything too extraordinary without our cleric."

"Yeah," said Texvites. "And there won't be any spiders will there? That Tangleroot Gorge was horrible!"

"Uhm, I don't think there are any spiders..." began Flynte.

"Well that's what you said the last time! But there were! LOTS of spiders!" Texvites voice began to get louder. "Every time that Ungurz fella told us to go back down in that stronghold I asked you if there would be any more spiders and you said 'no,' but there WERE spiders! Every. Single. Time!"

"I know, I know I didn't like it either Tex," Flynte held up his hands to placate the incensed Warforged before he blew a gasket. "But I have it on good authority there aren't any spiders where we're going."

"And where is that again?" growled Inuria.

"Well it's just outside of House Phiarlin..."

"With our luck I'll bet it's the Necropolis," said Temudgin sighing loudly.

"Not the Necropolis!" cried Dazani. Flynte visibly flinched. "The Necropolis? Our cleric has gone AWOL on a drunken binge marrying who knows who to who knows what and we're off to explore a bunch of crypts full of undead??!"

"Welll...." started Flynte sheepishly before Inuria stopped him with a growl.

"You country BUMPKIN!" yelled Dazani, her elegant Drow voice carrying far throughout the market place. "If you think this is a good idea, then you really DON'T know the difference between shoe polish and..."

"Ah, it probably won't be so bad," Texvites interjected, suddenly supporting Flynte. "We've still got our Paladin."

"Right," said Flynte tentatively. "We've still got Temudgin and..." Temudgin opened his mouth to speak but the Warforged gave him a quick jab to the ribs with his wooden elbow. ("Ow!") "we've got Temudgin, and I thought between me and Inuria we'd be able to handle any healing in case things get rough so..."

"Sounds great!" said Texvites lumbering to his feet. "Let's hit the road!" As group broke up to finish packing their supplies and Dazani stormed off to fire lightning bolts at the training dummy Flynte looked up at the towering Warforged expressionless face. "Hey, thanks for that back there."

"No problem!" said Texvites rubbing his thorny hand over Flynte's bright red mop of unkempt hair. "But remember what you said," the Warforged leaned in close to Flynte's face. "NO SPIDERS!"

OOC: Grawlfang was unable to attend, but the rest of the group persevered and completed the entire Necro 1 chain on elite. No particularly great loot pulls, and with the exception of a close call with Dazani (-2 hps before Inuria hit her with a Vigor and Flynte followed up with a cure wand) and a couple of very nasty lightning bolts, the group made short work of the quest chain.

Because of the holiday, the group will take a break next week and resume again after the 1st of the year on Jan 2nd. Until then, have a great Chrismahanakwanzinewyear!
    Last edited by Postumus; 12-22-2012 at 06:08 AM.

Default Updated Roster

The party roster as it stands currently after Necro 1:

1- Flynte - Half-elf sorcerer L7 - Earth Savant
    2- Temudgin - Elf paladin L7
    3- Grawlfang - Half-orc cleric L7
    4- Inuria - Elf druid L7 (died once - used Korthos cake mulligan)
    5- Texvites - Warforged artificer L7 (died once - used Korthos cake mulligan)
    6- Dazani - Drow archmage L7

List of the fallen:

Shadelle - Halfling rogue L5 R.I.P. (replaced with Kazani)[/QUOTE]

A couple of us have enough XPs for L8, but we'll wait until everyone gets there to level at the same time. When we come back after the break we'll start on the Delera's Tomb chain.

Default Weeeeeee're baaaa-aaaack!

Welcome to the New Year!

Tonight we're off to Delera's Tomb, so it's time to smack off the dust, grind off the rust, and get ready to roll PD style!

Hope to see you all there!!

Default Rule changes?

The abundance of raises in the party seems to be killing the challenge of our PD style play.

What kinds of limits could/should we put on divine raises?

A couple of ideas:

1.) Limit each character to CON modifier for the number of resurrections they can receive.

2.) Use Res shrines as markers for a resurrection ritual; excluding ones where the rest shrine has already been used.
    In the event that no suitable shrine exists; recall for a "Silver Flame" resurrection limited by characters CON mod and/or platinum donation.

The previous seems very extreme and unforgiving. The latter seems to give some room to prevent re-rolls and dungeon crawling; while providing some danger should one or more fall before an acceptable ritual site can be found.

I would certainly like to hear what everyone else thinks. Are you happy as is or would you like to see a change?
    Farm astral diamonds in game. I've been playing for only a year + a bit but I already have 2 astral diamonds. 3 more and I'll be able to do something with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddrow View Post
    The abundance of raises in the party seems to be killing the challenge of our PD style play.
    I was thinking the same thing after our almost wipe a couple of weeks ago. I like the idea of using our CON modifier and I think a character should only be raised by scroll or spell. The recall "Silver Flame" resurrection feels like cheating to me. If a character can't be raised in a quest it should be the death of that character.

3.) Can only be revived once per quest. If dieing in a quest doesnt make you more careful, a reroll will (maybe)

I do agree with our familiarity with most quests turn us into steamrollers, we can slow it down by making the rules harsher. I'm up for whatever Postumus decides, it's his call!

"Dazani casts invisibility and guards the entrance"

Does anyone still have the mulligan?

Didn't we all use them in Caverns of Korromar?

Flynte still has his.

The idea about making things harder, honestly scares me a bit - because unlike you guys who are seasoned and used to running things recklessly, I've never even seen any of the content we're now running. In-fact when we fought our first beholder, it was my first beholder fight ever, same with the fire giant. So anything that makes my screw ups hurt even more makes me feel a bit....conflicted lol. I'll go a long with what ever is decided though, just keep that in mind.

Not knowing what's coming around the corner is half the fun.

I have ran these quests many times but I still have no clue how any particular encounter is going to go @.@

"Dazani casts Invisibility and hides in the corner"

I'm fine not adding not increasing the difficulty with additional resurrection restrictions as we narrowly avoided a party wipe a few weeks ago in the Caverns of Korromor. But I'm also open to the option of limiting the number of resurrections based on level or con if the rest of the group really wants to incorporate something like that at some point.

Unless I missed a death from the last two weeks, I think our /deathcount for the party is as follows:

1- Flynte - 1 death (resurrection in quest)
    2- Temudgin - 2 deaths (Korthos cake mulligan & resurrection in quest)
    3- Grawlfang - 1 death (Korthos cake mulligan)
    4- Inuria - 2 deaths (Korthos cake mulligan & resurrection in quest)
    5- Texvites - 2 deaths (Korthos cake mulligan & resurrection in quest)
    6- Dazani - 1 death (resurrection in quest - no Korthos cake available since character is a re-roll)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast