Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I still have my cake in my inventory. I have received 2 raises.
    Farm astral diamonds in game. I've been playing for only a year + a bit but I already have 2 astral diamonds. 3 more and I'll be able to do something with them.

Hey guys....guys... There's a secret door over here.

Default Famous last words...

"Lets see what's behind this secret door!" Yelled Dazani through the bubble of air surrounding her head. Her voice was muffled and distorted by the water, but her vigorous gestures toward the submerged wall in front of her made her intentions clear.

The rest of the group tread water as Texvites swam forward to search the wall for any seams or pressure points. Texvites reached out with his large wooden hands and pushed against one of the stones on the wall. At first nothing happened, then suddenly part of the wall rumbled open and small school of fish darted from the darkness within toward the party. Flynte flailed his hands back and forth rapidly shooing the fish away, while Inuria, ever in bear form, simply opened her mouth and swallowed several of them whole.

Texvites swam into the dark chamber holding his spinning rune arm up to help light the way. The rest of the party followed closely behind him with Flynte trailing the party. He was preoccupied trying to extract one of the fish which had swum into his robes.

After a short swim through the darkness, the stone ceiling above them opened up and the party swam upwards to surface inside a large chamber hidden deep within the ancient ziggurat. The chamber smelled stale and dry, and odd lights flickered here and there, but it hadn't been flooded with the rest of the structure when Flynte pulled the lever that released the spell holding back the waters.

"I think I see something over there!" Dazani called out. She swam to the water's edge and pulled herself gracefully out of the water up onto the dry stones of the chamber floor.

"A chest!" Yelled Texvites as he sprang out of the water in a single leap, splashing water all over Dazani.

"Heyyy!" Yelled Dazani.

"Oh give it a rest," muttered Inuria, you're already soaking wet. And the massive bear began shaking back and forth spraying water from her fur and dousing Dazani a second time. Grawlfang clamored out of the water, his heavy armor and shield making the task all the more difficult. "Where's Flynte?" He asked eying the dark water from which he had just emerged.

"Dunno," said Texvites, "but that is definitely a chest!" The Warforged artificer reached for his tools and stepped into the darkness.

"Wait!" Whispered Grawlfang hoarsely. "I sense evil!"

"Yes," Inuria agreed. "Something's not right. I see something moving... skeletons!" Inuria snarled and leaped toward the undead.

"Skeletons?" Laughed Dazani. "You almost had me worried."

Finally Flynte's head bobbed above the surface of the water. "Hey guys! What did you find?"

"Just some crusty old skeletons," said Dazani lazily. "Inuria's taking care of them... oh, and a chest."

"Oohhh a chest!" Said Flynte jumping out of the water. "Me likey... hey wait... what are those flying light thingies?" Dazani turned back to look into the gloom. "What flying light..."

"WILLOWISPS!" Yelled Grawlfang.

ZZZZZAAAAPP! ZZAAAAPPPOOOWWW!! ZZZZAAAAAAAPPPPOWOWOWOWWW!!

"OWWW!" Snarled Inuria. Her fur smoked as she was hit with multiple forks of dazzling lightning.

"Quick! I cast Protection from... URGH!!" Dazani fell in a heap.

ZZZAAAPP! ZZZIIPPITYZAAPPOW!!

"They're everywhere!" Screamed Flynte cowering. "We're doomed! DOOMED!"

"Dazani's down! Inuria's down!" Grawlfang yelled above the cacophony of lightning and death. "I'll try to... "

ZZAAAPPPP!!! BZZZZAAAPPPPO!!

"ARGH!" Grawlfang cried out and then collapsed. The corpse of the smoking Half-Orc smelled oddly like bacon. Flynte starred wide eyed at the bodies in front of him, still too paralyzed with terror to take action. To Flynte's left Texvites was lying on his back leaking copious amounts of oil while Rex, his mechanical dog, whimpered and tugged at one of the Warforged's arms trying to pull him away from danger.

"No use Rex... " sputtered Texvites. "Too much damage... systems shutting down... you were always... good boy... ERP!"

"TEX!" Yelled Flynte. "NOOOO! Game over, man! Game over!" Flynte finally broke free of his paralysis and turned from the carnage to flee blindly into the darkness. His felt the hot crackle of lightning all around him and suddenly he was falling...

Flynte awoke disoriented. "I feel odd." He thought. "Am I upside down? I feel like I'm floating." He realized he was underwater, once again within the pitch black of the submerged corridor. He swam forward slowly until he was in the brightly lit waters of the main chamber of the ziggurat. Flynte surfaced and with trembling arms, pulled himself out of the water onto a nearby ledge. He quaffed the last of his vitality potions which helped calm him.

As the magic of the potion coursed through his veins, and he began to feel strong once again, Flynte devised a plan. "They might still be alive. Well, some of them anyway. Maybe if I sneak back I can rescue any survivors!" Flynte pulled a scroll from his watertight scroll case and cast invisibility on himself. Swimming slowly back through the dark corridor into the chamber of death, he surfaced and quietly slipped over to the edge of the stone floor. It was no longer dark within the chamber. Swarms of angry will-o-wisps burned brightly all around. They buzzed furiously in groups over the bodies of his fallen comrades while skeletons wandered aimlessly beside them... no longer interested in the bodies of his comrades now that they were dead.

Inuria. Grawlfang. Dazani. Texvites. All dead.

"Temudgin was right after all," thought Flynte as he swam away from the chamber back into the dark corridor. "It all did end badly." Flynte swam back to the relative safety of his ledge and began to cast a spell to teleport him back to Stormreach. "Wait a second!" He paused causing the spell to fizzle out. "Where the HECK was Temudgin anyway!"

Not a total party wipe, but bad enough. Absent our ever cheerful Paladin, our merry band of heroes completed the VoN flagging quests and began on the Red Fens quests. Heroic Hard had seemed pretty easy, so we jumped back up to Heroic Elite for The Last Stand. That went very smoothly so we entered Fathom the Depths on elite as well. Again things went easily until we hit the room full of will-o-wisps. Once again lightning and over zealousness was our downfall. Before we knew it the party was getting zapped like fish in a barrel. Flynte (and I believe Grawlfang) got hit with fear early which limited Grawl and completely immobilized Flynte. After losing 75% of his HPs and still unable to cast anything Flynte jumped back into the water and swam away. Unfortunately none of the others were so lucky. Tex was at -1 and seemed like he might pull out of it, but was finally curb stomped before he could recover.

Flynte went back and gathered all the soul stones, but as we ruled that Flynte could not use his Korthos cake mulligan to raise anyone else but himself, and since he did not have any items or enough UMD to cast Raise Dead or revive any of the party members, they were all lost.

Everyone will be rolling up new 7th level characters (sans Flynte and Temudgin) and try again next week.
    Last edited by Postumus; 02-07-2013 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoom View Post
    Hey guys....guys... There's a secret door over here.

Get Temudgin to open it... wait... he's not here. Dodged that lightning blast.
    Last edited by Postumus; 02-07-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Default From the ashes...

The party roster as it stands currently after a fatal wipe in the Sahaugin Ziggurat:

1- Flynte - Half-elf sorcerer L10 - Earth Savant
    2- Temudgin - Elf paladin L10
    3- Nitharos ranger L7
    4- Ophrea druid L7
    5- Orzenn wizard/rogue L5/2
    6- Talllgeese Warforged favored soul L7

List of the fallen:

Shadelle - Halfling rogue L5
    Grawlfang - Half-orc cleric L10
    Inuria - Elf druid L10
    Texvites - Warforged artificer L10
    Dazani - Drow archmage L10

Sitting at a table in the far corner of the tavern, Nitharos carefully removes a small leather bound book from his pack. This book was the reason he was here in Stormreach now; rather than the woods his family called home. The only thing of his sisters that had made it back to the family - a small journal, that only briefly covered her day to day experiences. It was custom for one of the Lu'riels to go out and explore the world; and his sister had all but begged for the opportunity when the family was deciding who would be the one to go.

But now, all that was left of her was her journal; and he had left his family in her stead to hopefully see the world in her stead. After running his hand along the cover of the journal fondly, he stows it back into his pack and takes a long hard drink of his ale.

Where should he begin?

What did you guys do this week? I was uh, unconscious. I slept through my alarm clock when I took a nap. And by the time I woke up it was already the next day. Sorry about that :s

Guys, I'm going to put the Wednesday group on hold this week until we can work out who can make it for future sessions.

Right now we're are only averaging 2-3 people per session do to RL commitments etc. Looks like Tallgeese (Favored Soul) will have to bow out of the Wednesday group due to RL stuff. Also haven't seen Brokenskye log on in almost a month. So not sure if he's still available for this.

We did another player: Tinkerburn.

I'd like to get at least four players who can show up on a regular basis starting next week.

Again we're going to play for about two hours, from 9pm EST to 11pm EST each Wednesday. If you think you can make at least 3 out of 4 weeks a month, let me know and we'll start filling out the roster again. If you think you might be able to play 2 weeks a month and want to have an alternate, I'm fine with that too. As long as we keep the level spread to no more than 4 levels, we should be fine.

Well you know I can make it. I think this is an elaborate ruse to bring back Shadelle's voice.

I had a couple guys leave at work and I'm trying to fill the void until we hire some new people. Until that happens I can't make Wednesday nights.

I'm fine with Wednesday nights being 'free play' for a while. I'll still show up and see who else is around and go from there.

Thoom mentioned being willing to start a brand new group for Wednesdays, but with lowbie groups on Tue & Thurs, that doesn't have the same appeal right now.

The situation for me is thus: Basically, my days off are getting sporadic, and the days that I DO get off [sometimes a weds, sometimes not] I just don't feel like doing much of anything. While this may sound like a rather lame excuse, just know that my job is fairly physically intensive, and my joints are like that of an old mans. So I generally feel crippled on my days off and don't really want to do anything, including playing games.

Sorry to just kind of...vanish on you guys; I had a lot of fun. I'd be interested in doing something like this gain if I can get my schedule set back to normal :/

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSkye View Post
    The situation for me is thus: Basically, my days off are getting sporadic, and the days that I DO get off [sometimes a weds, sometimes not] I just don't feel like doing much of anything. While this may sound like a rather lame excuse, just know that my job is fairly physically intensive, and my joints are like that of an old mans. So I generally feel crippled on my days off and don't really want to do anything, including playing games.

Sorry to just kind of...vanish on you guys; I had a lot of fun. I'd be interested in doing something like this gain if I can get my schedule set back to normal :/

Not a problem. RL always comes first. It was a pleasure playing with you as Inuria. Whenever you have more free time please feel free to come back.

We've had static groups running for the last three years, so I'm sure we'll have something going!

3 years? Holy Crackers! Yeah I hope it goes on 3 more years and then some. Imagine Feyjhan's whinny voice and complaining for infinity.

Yeah, gaming is my hobby and real life always comes first!
    Last edited by Thoom; 03-24-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Ok time to reboot the Wednesday permadeath static group. Warhulk is back and he brought a friend. If oilfan and thoom can make Wednesdays, then we'll have five. That leaves one spot open for anyone who is interested in joining and can play from 10pm EST to 12am EST.

Now who wants to play what? I am considering re-rolling Flynte as a WF sorc or maybe a tactical fighter if we need muscle.

I can try another Shadelle (yeah rogue), if no one jumps on it. Otherwise I'd probably try something silly like a paladin (gasp!) or cleric, depending on what others wanna play. I'll just fill in the gaps as to what would flesh it out.

edit
    Last edited by Postumus; 04-05-2013 at 11:35 AM.

I know I said Daily Dice rolls were OK, but it occurred to me that if we used one every time we play it will unbalance our play style. So everyone gets one roll per life and that's it. If you already rolled on your character, that's it.

Quick recap of what we can and can't use.

Can't use:

AH (buy or sell)
    ASAH (buy... selling is OK since the AS are for that account on that server and you can use them on other chars)
    Pawn Brokers (buy... selling to pawn brokers is ok)
    Daily Dice rolls after your first, and only, roll.
    DDO Store items.
    Shared bank (you can pass plat and items FROM your Wed night guys to your other characters, but not TO them)
    Rez shrines
    Korthos cake (Grosag scored one on his DD roll so that is ok, but no going back to Korthos to get the 'free' cake)
    Trade channels to trade with players outside Wednesday group (yeah we are xenophobic like that)

Can use:

Collectible turn ins (all types)
    All in game vendors (except purchasing items from pawn brokers)
    Any in game consumable found or sold by an in game NPC
    Rest shrines
    Alcohol (all kinds in any quantities)
    Tissues (when your character finally bites it)

Shadelle was missing due to McWifi problems and Orzenn had to drop out.

So our party consisted of:

Syvic - L3 HO fighter AKA Lightning Rod
    Kasandraburn - L3 HE AKA RIPper
    Barttelby - L3 HE FvS AKA Moe Lasses (cuz he's so FREAKING SLOW!)
    Grosag - L1/1 Dwarf barb/cleric AKA LOL@Diehard.

We ran the two Cerulean hills quests Where there's smoke... and Captives on hard for a warm up. Grosag hit level 3 and we began running WW on elite. And there, in the sewage filled depths beneath Stormreach harbor, Kasandraburn met her grisly fate at the hands of a Clan Gnashtooth Shaman. It was shocking. Literally shocking since she ate an entire Filet o' Lightning combo meal with a side of double-bounce back deluxe. She went from nearly full HPs to -20 in the blink of an eye. I suppose the good news is that she avoided the severe acid reflux typically induced by such a repast by immediately dropping dead. No time for Tums Dr. Kasandra. Or CLW apparently.

While the outcome was not a complete surprise to Barttelby, who backed well away from her once he saw Kasandra get enter a long range duel with the Shaman, the suddenness of it was a bit stunning. Kasandra's player took it well though and dropped, deleted, and rolled up a new character.

After Barttelby manage to get most of the smell of flash-fried ranger out of his robes, the three survivors decided to do a few quests on elite for the local merchant, and celebrity smuggler, Baudry Cartamon. After a few quests Kasandra's long lost sister, Lowla Burn, arrived looking for her. Los Tres Amigos informed Lowla of Kasandra's fate and immediately Lowla demanded they help her seek revenge. Grosag may have shrugged, but under all that armor, and being so far below Barttelby's eye line, who knows for sure. Syvic was definitely game though since he was planning to return to the sewers to murder more Kobolds and take their loot for himself anyway.

So the Amigos joined forces with the Lowlita (who, interestingly, was also a ranger) and returned to the sewers of Stormreach harbor to invade the homes of the Kobolds and slaughter them with joyful abandon all the while cloaked in the warm furry-collared outfit of justice, and good times were had by all... except for the Kobolds of course.

Sounds fishy, yeah my wifi doesnt work everywhere on the road. drives me bananas, BANANAS.

Shadelle soloed some good ol Korthos to theoretically catch up in exp and picked up the Troubleshooter set. (not even any close calls, had a FvS hire that commanded everything like a champ)
    Last edited by Thoom; 04-06-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast