Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Let us make the Cormyrian's part of the Challenge's Sets. And let us upgrade them.

Been suggested already a couple of times, gonna bring it up again with some suggestions.

Let us make Cormyrian dragonscale part of the Villager/PDK/War wizard/etc sets. And give us some way to upgrade them with Commendations.

I dunno, multiple choices, use barter system like epic crafting. Make us add ONE of:

Superior false life.
    Resistance +7.
    Seeker +10 -> Seeker +15.
    Toughness -> Improved Toughness, +40 HP, not stacking with a Toughness Item.
    Exceptional fortification (+50%).
    Protection +6 -> Protection +10.
    STR/DEX/CON/INT/WIS/CHA +8/+3 Insightful.
    Exceptional Melee Alacrity +10%.
    Exceptional Shatter +3.
    Exceptional Stunning +3.
    Exceptional Vertigo +3.
    Exceptional Tendon Slice +3.
    Epic +4 Sneak Attack damage, +5 to hit with SA (stacking with ALL the other bonuses).
    Epic +3 damage.
    Ghostly.
    Blurry.
    Exceptional Wizardry II (Stacking +50/100 SP).
    Concentration +20.
    Inherent Elemental Resistance 10.
    Exceptional +3% Dodge (stacking with normal +3% dodge).
    Enhanced Ki +1.
    Superior Fire/Force/Lightning/etc Lore, one of your choice, not all of them togheter.
    Skill Mastery +1, +1 to all the skills, stacking with similar bonuses (like the one in the Shadowdancer's tree).
    Epic Spell Focus: One of your choice.
    Feater Falling.
    Exceptional +20 Spell Power to one element
    3/day Displacements clickies, lasting 3min
    3/day Haste clickies, lasting 3min
    2/day Immunity to curse clickies, Self only, 15 seconds each. Too long would be OP.
    +2 Action boosts.

Why 3min clickies? Because I'm not sure anyone would slot those with all this stuff suggested. But at least there is THE CHOICE.

If you MUST HAVE have 3/day Haste clickies lasting 3 min each, go make another Red robe. More Epic Von6 raids for 20 FRDS Scales for you, more DDTW for 20 FGDS, more CitW raids, will keep you playing for a bit and maybe you will spend even some more money for Raid bypasser.

As you can see, most of the bonuses are either exceptional or improvements of the old ones. I'm not a fan of "we have the same stats just on different items so there is no real progression in our chars".

These are just SOME of the improvements that can be made to these armors. I'm pretty sure some of you can come up with some other cool stuff but I just wanted to give the general idea of my thoughts.

If I had a greendragon rob, with ONLY these suggestion, I wouldn't be sure what to add to my armor on my sorc: +100 Spell Points looks nice, another Epic Spell focus? Yes please. Also +50% stacking fortification could save me a Twist of Fate slot and still be immune to most crits. I could also add Cha +8/3 or maybe Con. Superior lore also looks nice on a full time armor. Exceptional +20 Spell Power? Og, too many choices.

On my rog's red robe, the situation is more like: Exceptional melee alacrity looks yummy, so does Seeker +15. Exceptional dodge would be also really nice coupled with Shadowform. +4 Stacking SA or +3 damage? Now that is something I would like also on a Fighter/Barb/Pally/whatever. +8/+3 Stats if you having troubles fitting them in, why not. +2 Action boosts anyone?

I want choices. Choices that makes my character better.

And before the "Powercreep is bad" crowd comes, I don't care if they balance Epic Elite based on these new stuff. As long as we have a REAL PROGRESSION with our chars, WE (if you are not part of this WE, not talking about you also) will ADAPT AND OVERCOME. Like we've ALWAYS done.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post

And before the "Powercreep is bad" crowd comes, I don't care if they balance Epic Elite based on these new stuff. As long as we have a REAL PROGRESSION with our chars, WE (if you are not part of this WE, not talking about you also) will ADAPT AND OVERCOME. Like we've ALWAYS done.
    How can we have those armor by doing epic elite and now you want those armor to balance epic elite. I think you exclude a lot of new poeple in you suggestion who will after what you suggest never have hope to finish epic elite for your armor.

You also suggest something to change the game and excluse who are agains to put out their arguments. This is really a bad to bring your suggestion.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by letour View Post
    How can we have those armor by doing epic elite and now you want those armor to balance epic elite. I think you exclude a lot of new poeple in you suggestion who will after what you suggest never have hope to finish epic elite for your armor.

You also suggest something to change the game and excluse who are agains to put out their arguments. This is really a bad to bring your suggestion.
    What? Have what you said a point? Following your reasonings, we can't have better stuff because then they should make Epic Elite (the hardest mode in the game) a bit more challenging? That has zero sense. We build our char to be always more powerful and be challenged with next updates. Then get even better. Then more challenge. If you have nothing to do with end-game and Epic Elite, this thread is not for you.

New people shouldn't be able to do Epic elite quests flawleslly. Full stop. It's meant to be for the best of the best. New people isn't the best of the best.

Change the game? Nop. You have epic hard, epic normal and epic casual if you don't like a challenge.

part of the set, yes
    the list of upgrades, no
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    part of the set, yes
    the list of upgrades, no
    Why? Give me a reason at least.
    What's wrong with a small upgrade to an armor that costed us already 20 FRDS and 3 Commendations + 375 PDK Favor? And that will cost even more Commendations? Is something OP in there? I don't think so.

Give me a reason why not.

Community Member

Reason? Too powerful ,I m agree with Jay203, yes for set
    Uriziem Completionist done, past life 28/30
    solo ADQ2 EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414558
    solo FoT EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414946
    Waiting better and harder end game(or neverwinter online)

Because giving us the ability to tailor our gear to perfection limits their future design space without resorting to powercreep and inflation.

No handwraps in U14? Oh lookie, there's some in U15...

People complain that there's been no better replacement for eSoS for years, and the khopeshes are always top dog... They have 2 choices, offer something with inflated stats, or let them rest as the king of the hill until everything else catches up, and only then inflate everything.

Community Member

What? Have what you said a point? Following your reasonings, we can't have better stuff because then they should make Epic Elite (the hardest mode in the game) a bit more challenging? That has zero sense. We build our char to be always more powerful and be challenged with next updates. Then get even better. Then more challenge. If you have nothing to do with end-game and Epic Elite, this thread is not for you.

New people shouldn't be able to do Epic elite quests flawleslly. Full stop. It's meant to be for the best of the best. New people isn't the best of the best.

Change the game? Nop. You have epic hard, epic normal and epic casual if you don't like a challenge.
    I think you does not understand the problem I bring to the table. The problem : If we can only suscess epic elite with only the stuff you found in that difficulty. How can you sucess your first run to get those item?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sarnind View Post
    Reason? Too powerful ,I m agree with Jay203, yes for set
    So, you guys don't want to get your toon more powerful? Guess it's okay, for you. I build mine to be always better and better. And if that means that the devs have to be a bit more original trying to find a way to challenge us even more, it's more than welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    Because giving us the ability to tailor our gear to perfection limits their future design space without resorting to powercreep and inflation.

No handwraps in U14? Oh lookie, there's some in U15...

People complain that there's been no better replacement for eSoS for years, and the khopeshes are always top dog... They have 2 choices, offer something with inflated stats, or let them rest as the king of the hill until everything else catches up, and only then inflate everything.
    2 sub-par choices. Yeah, I guess, dex-based rogues can use the 3BC Tiefling Assassin's Blade but that doesn't mean they should equip that.

Quote Originally Posted by letour View Post
    I think you does not understand the problem I bring to the table. The problem : If we can only suscess epic elite with only the stuff you found in that difficulty. How can you sucess your first run to get those item?
    Like we always did: Skills.

How do you think people did EE when it first came out? We hadn't the equip we have now and we still did it. Equipment is just the tip of a much bigger iceberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    part of the set, yes
    the list of upgrades, no
    I sign this.

Of course we want powerful items, but i don't want to walk in DDO instances and see that everyone (from rogues, to tanks, to casters, to healers) is dressed the same way. Those upgrades are out of discussion to me. That would just kill diversity and fun, making any other armor (past and future) simply obsolete.
    Last edited by Melt-emi; 10-29-2012 at 03:44 AM.

That list is obscenely ↑, ↓, ↑, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, A, B, A, B, Select, Start.
    Characters: Groundnpound - Whatmanabar - Paleforce - ChonknorrisCaelasreth - Giggidy - DrGinger - Brassmonkey

Member of Captains Crew Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Melt-emi View Post
    I sign this.

Of course we want powerful items, but i don't want to walk in DDO instances and see that everyone (from rogues, to tanks, to casters, to healers) is dressed the same way. Those upgrades are out of discussion to me. That would just kill diversity and fun, making any other armor (past and future) simply obsolete.
    The fact that there is that list of suggestions doesn't prevent the Devs to make some other better armor in the future.

Like we always did: Skills.

How do you think people did EE when it first came out? We hadn't the equip we have now and we still did it. Equipment is just the tip of a much bigger iceberg.
    Then why bother with adding stuff? Reducing the amount of skill needed makes the game more boring/trivial.

I think it is fine to add them to the sets -- though in some cases it seems a bit silly (ie green armor on a caster, but...).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    it will go on and on and on to level 999

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by esheep View Post
    Then why bother with adding stuff? Reducing the amount of skill needed makes the game more boring/trivial.

I think it is fine to add them to the sets -- though in some cases it seems a bit silly (ie green armor on a caster, but...).
    Like I said, equipment is the bit of the iceberg. But it's still a part of it. I think the majority of fun would get bored after a while if we had no goals to achieve (epic gears, tomes, raid gears, etc), that's why they should bother with adding more stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    Pretty much this. In general. I still would like to be able to add the set-bonuses to the armors and probably the +8/+3 stats as you already can have those with the better named armors than can have the set bonuses too. Without the stats i probably wont use the dragon armor on any of my toons. Getting +8 somewhere else is quite hard, basically only random loot or the planar focus. And for me focus has the +3 (not available anywhere else, except armor). And giving up any other slot for random loot +8 isnt worth it either.

So yes, a bit more power to dragon armors. Set bonus + stat, complete free choice. (Nothing like strength/dex/con only on red, int/wis/cha only on green) Even the old dragon armors had slots so we had some customization possibilities. But because of the quoted part, no further bonuses.
    Last edited by Tiamas; 10-29-2012 at 02:13 PM.
    Bruyak ~ Razahe ~ Duzzared ~ Marwachine ~ Hukwaller
    Mitis Mors|Thelanis

Community Member DeafeningWhisper's Avatar

Making it part of a set sure, making red/green armor the new ESoS? Not so much, if we can costumize it, it'll become "best in slot" and everyone will wear the same armor with a few differences.

Kinda boring if after you get your green/red how you want it you'll never need to look into armor, ever again...
    "Pike or do not. There is no lag."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeafeningWhisper View Post
    Making it part of a set sure, making red/green armor the new ESoS? Not so much, if we can costumize it, it'll become "best in slot" and everyone will wear the same armor with a few differences.

Kinda boring if after you get your green/red how you want it you'll never need to look into armor, ever again...
    The point is, nobody is stopping Devs from making better armors than upgraded Red Armor. Maybe one more tankish with Inherent Elemental Resist 15, Stacking DR 15/-, stacking PRR, maybe more AC, MDB and you have a better tankish armor, than upgraded red armor. While your red armor can have more attack-related stuff on it. Not even with those stats, they were just a random thought. Or a robe one with just -15% Spell point, nothing else on it.

There are so many ideas to give us better gear but right now, all we have is the same old gear. Same old abilities. Nothing new exciting. Everything is either be-all end-all or sub-par.

They (the suggestions) might be OP (from your points of view) but at least they are not the plain old boring stats and would make a hard-to-get armor better than now.

customized powerhouse item...
    look at what the greensteel did to the game, it created a bar in which all future items are compared to, and suffice to say the bar wasn't low....
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Community Member

The point is, nobody is stopping Devs from making better armors than upgraded Red Armor.
    That is the very definition of Power Creep.

"Nobody is stopping the devs from making other things overpowered like what I want."

Set bonus SHOULD be the upgrade. MAYBE a +1 to armor for a second upgrade. Everything from your list is far overpowered considering the armor is already one of, if not the, best in slot.

Power creep is never a good thing in a game. Choices, yes. Powercreep of a single already powerful item, NO.

Luckily, I'm fairly sure Turbine is doing it right and giving us Epic Gianthold, which I can only assume will have three more epic dragonscale armors, to give more choices and not more powercreep.

I can only hope...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by countfitz View Post
    That is the very definition of Power Creep.

"Nobody is stopping the devs from making other things overpowered like what I want."

Set bonus SHOULD be the upgrade. MAYBE a +1 to armor for a second upgrade. Everything from your list is far overpowered considering the armor is already one of, if not the, best in slot.

Power creep is never a good thing in a game. Choices, yes. Powercreep of a single already powerful item, NO.

Luckily, I'm fairly sure Turbine is doing it right and giving us Epic Gianthold, which I can only assume will have three more epic dragonscale armors, to give more choices and not more powercreep.

I can only hope...
    It is not Power creep if they adjust the game with the right challenges. They did it with EE and EDestinies. And I don't mean inflated HP/saves mobs. I mean with a mechanic like Normal Wiz King and Epic Wiz king, with additional Wraith respawning that would totally get an unprepared party etc.

But yeah, I can agree that I don't want another eSOS. But I still want more original effects. More original gear.

I can hope that the Epic White dragonscale won't turn out to be a: Heavy fort, Toughness, Superior Cold resistance, Cold Absorption 10% armor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast