Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: RP Guilds?

  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default RP Guilds?

    Looking for the elusive beast called "the RP guild". Where can I find such entities? Are there many, if any, to be found in these parts?

    I'm looking for a casual guild to hang up the hat with in between adventures. It doesn't necessarily have to be RP heavy, though of course that's preferred.

    Bit about me: I'm a longtime roleplayer in the MMO setting, though brand new to DDO and its lore. I'm on a free-to-play account at the moment and may not be the most active due to RL constraints, but I love to roleplay and I'm finding my chat window is woefully quiet during the times I do log in. This makes chatty Yezra's sadface.

  2. #2
    Community Member Mennion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Rare as Tarasque testicles, and just as difficult to get your hands on.
    "i have of late, though wherefore i know not, lost all my mirth"

    Mennion - Tallib - Hannse - Pathfinder Society on Cannith

  3. #3
    Community Member akash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Spellbinders' Land
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yezra View Post
    Looking for the elusive beast called "the RP guild". Where can I find such entities? Are there many, if any, to be found in these parts?

    I'm looking for a casual guild to hang up the hat with in between adventures. It doesn't necessarily have to be RP heavy, though of course that's preferred.

    Bit about me: I'm a longtime roleplayer in the MMO setting, though brand new to DDO and its lore. I'm on a free-to-play account at the moment and may not be the most active due to RL constraints, but I love to roleplay and I'm finding my chat window is woefully quiet during the times I do log in. This makes chatty Yezra's sadface.
    Welcome to the community. Sarlona is the home of RP, and there are lots of RP guilds out there. I personally suggest first you join the RP channel by typing "/joinchannel rp" and meet new people in Sarlona Sundays at 6PM EST at Bogwater Tavern. Then you can join a RP guild with like minded people.

  4. #4
    Community Member Postumus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SW Wheloon
    Posts
    6,874

    Default

    Peruse the stickied thread "sarlona guilds." It lists eleven or so pages of guilds and describes whether the guild is RP, heavy RP, RP lite, or no RP.

    I am sure you will find a guild or guilds that meet your criteria.

    For example the guild I am in, Drawn By Fate, consists of lite RP static groups with members who also have alts for free play outside of static groups. From time to time we recruit new members who are interested in joining a static group that is being put together, or if we lose a member.

    We will be starting a new permadeath style static group that will meet every wednesday night at 9pm central(7pm pacific). If you are interested pm me or keep an eye out for our thread.

    There are a lot of great guilds out there and Sarlona has some really great folks. good luck!

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Thanks for the replies! I'll be taking a look at those.

  6. #6
    Community Member gphysalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mennion View Post
    Rare as Tarasque testicles, and just as difficult to get your hands on.
    It regrows them though, so there should be plenty
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is the only party buff
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    talk about your exploits
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    DDO is not PnP. This is by design

  7. #7
    Community Member lilleengen2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    141

    Default

    You can start with this thread (A bit dated, but eh):http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=363958

    As of RP-guilds, the two guilds I would suggest is:
    • Disciples of the Silver Dragon: Weekend Pen and Paper inspired events, friendly folks.
    • Roleplayers of Sarlona:Laidback Role Playing guild. I can go good for them, as many of their current was members of my old guild (http://roleplayersofsarlona.webs.com/).

    Good luck to ya!


    PS: Which timezone are you in?

  8. #8
    Community Member Valdidia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Is Roleplayers of Sarlona still an active guild? I went to their website and it doesn't seem very active there.

  9. #9
    Community Member Supergrunt8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valdidia View Post
    Is Roleplayers of Sarlona still an active guild? I went to their website and it doesn't seem very active there.
    Their officers don't seem to be very active either.
    Sarlona: Galerend Rivertorn (ranger)

  10. #10
    Community Member lilleengen2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    141

    Default

    They are fairly active, but don't use the forums much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload