Community Member

Default Turbine Launcher has stopped working

Hi

Since the last update whenever I start DDO I get the message:

Turbine Launcher has stopped working.
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
    Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Obviously Windows isnt notifying me about anything...

Its the only program that I have trouble with, I tried reinstalling the game and still get the same error.

I googled it and found someone from LOTR having the same error 3 days ago, quote:

" Turbine Launcher has stopped working

Yesterday I could login fine into the game, today I couldn't at all.

Everytime when the Launcher was about to hit ''Opening main form'' the message of ''turbine has stopped working appeared''
    Everytime he tries to search for a solution to the problem, but it doesnt give solutions, the message says they'll let me know if they know a solution. This was part of the message below the ''turbine has stopped working''

According to the Turbine Support I have checked out the following:
    1.) my sound and video card driver/devices are all up-to-date and working fine.
    2.) reinstalled game (didnt work, so no corrupted file)
    3.) reinstalled Microsoft Netframework version 1.1 and the hotfix, as well as the visuals redistru 2010 versions.
    4.) checked and reinstalled DirectX

All options seemed to be working fine, im totally out of ideas.
    Any suggestions? Or others with this problem? "

So anyone have a solution for this?

Community Member

bumb!

Post your dxdiag and someone may be able to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Whenever I get weird launcher errors, I usually try going directly to the game directory and starting the launcher or invoker from there. For some reason, the shortcut has bugged out once in a while for me.

Maybe it's that simple for you too?

Default Windows Error

I have win 7 and first had this problem when Update17 tried to update. Tech took me thru all the same steps there taking you thru. I ransacked the Knowledge base tried the framework thing ten times UAC controls and a bunch of other stuff. I was locked out about a month before it finally updated. This is the last step that fixed it for me. BUT Update17patch1 came 5 days later and WHAMMO it started all over again and this step does not work for me now I'm still locked out.

If your in updateprograms like me when you get your error you can try this. But before you do make copies of the patch files in the DDO Unlimited folder and rename them (there are a few) so you will have both. like this (original file patchclient.dll) to 1patchclient.dll so in case the launcher will not start you can delete the file and replace it with the original.

1.Click on the Windows Start button and choose Computer from the list
    2.In there double-click on your C: drive (it may display as "Local Disk C")
    3.Double-click on Program Files (Note: if you see "Program Files (x86)" double-click on that one instead)
    4.Double-click on Turbine folder and then Double-click on DDOUnlimited folder
    5.In that folder double-click on the Patches folder slect All and copy
    6 Go back to the DDOUnlimited folder and paste the files you copied. You'll get a screen asking what to do with the files already there.
    7 Copy and replace all the files.

After that the Patches worked right and it finished Update17.

Volarr

Default renstall

I reinstalled and did a fix and ended up with a corrupt file I suggest you get a fresh download and renstall with that. My bad file was dndlauncher

Volarr