Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Quote Originally Posted by DDOBlackDragonRoland View Post
    Interestingly enough, the Memorial to Gary Gygax seems to be spawn free.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was spawn free; the usual text regarding the spot is about peacefulness, is it not?

It should either be a free zone, or spawn the Level 30 Giant Lich Champion (every time and for all levels ).

Not sure if it is just me or not but logged on today and thought that i would grind a few motes to get gear and update so on and entered the 16-20 spawn level and everything is spawning cr 8 - 10 I spent 20 minutes and the highest cr was a 12 redname oO anyone else seeing that today?

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Irony, I just had a looong discussion about these same points last night.

If they decrease spawn to deal with lag, then you have less drop chances.

I have yet to see mobs spawn at the trader. The spawn fairly closeby, but not within threat of him. Most likely people are getting aggro and they are coming over.

I haven't seen players at lvl 8 in a lvl 20 zone. It may be Sarlona, but I haven't seen it. However, I have, while solo, got some mobs that are 'too weak' to give me a reward. That is a bug. IIRC, they even know about it. It would be nice that anything your level triggers had a chance to give you a reward.

As for drop rates: It is lag related. In ever situation, if the rate seemed low, I moved to a different instance and it increased. People were saying (even on the forums) that lower level inztances were dropping more rapidly. If you take a look around, you will see it too. You go to lvl 4-9 and you see maybe 12 others out there; and only one instance. You go to 20-25 and you see 50+, and 10+ instances.

Latency can cause all sorts of fun things to happen. Especially on the server side of a complex network like what every MMO uses.
    - I've seen skellies hanging around in the water just before the bank opposite the Night Trader. It's too easy for some to aggro them accidentally, and there goes your trade. IMO.

- No, I haven't seen a lvl 8 character running around in the Epic graveyard. However, when I find myself attacking a mob and notice it's a CR:14-16 and look around, I usually find someone around lvl 16 in the vicinity.
    Before the division of levels, you could just jump instances until you found a clear area. Now, it seems that there are only 3 instances for Epic. So you jump instance and have it better for a while, and then it starts all over.

As for lag, I don't know. You may be right. But last night was pitiful. Spawns were reduced, I heard others complaining about lag spikes, but did not perceive many problems on my end. However, in 2 hours of play, there was not a single dragon run. Drops were really poor. Using a Draught was a waste of money. You'd find more to kill in the Orchard.

@ Danzig:

Your brief snarky statement of opinions without premises or examples was incredibly interesting and useful. Here follows the response it deserves:

Default Mabar sucks

Collectibles don't drop nearly enough to make it worth farming for loot - esp at lvl 21-25.

None of the loot is that great. The lvl 24 versions are meh.

Why not update Mabar to be more like a very popular event: Crystal Cove. Here's how:

1. Give exp for the instance and renown for kills
    2. Open the instance more frequently (like every 5K)
    3. Make more useful things drop (like lots of fingerbones) more often in the instance.
    4. Make more loot craftable that is cool. Like maybe some (decide what kind you want a la GS blanks) weapons that do light damage. Or some healer stuff. Or some Greater Disrupting weapons. Maybe a deathward clickie that lasts longer than 7 minutes. One use items that summon wraiths, mummies, etc.

can someone please tell me when the event ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Hathorian View Post
    Yes. Someone Can.

Quote Originally Posted by Hathorian View Post

Tolero wrote this in a earlier thread .

""Greetings! Our engineers are very close to determining the root cause of the "too low level" spawn issue, as well as the performance issue with Epic Skeletons. Due to these issues, the Festival will end on Tuesday evening, November 6th. We'd like to weather the weekend to give people a chance to earn motes and upgrade items while our engineers keep working. The Epic Skeleton spawn rate will unfortunately remain low for the remainder of the festival.

Once we have our fixes in place, we will patch the festival during Update 16 on November 12th. With the updates applied, there will be an encore of the festival closer to the Thanksgiving holiday - while pumpkins are still fashionable before Festivult time rolls into town. We apologize for the inconvenience, and look forward to bringing Mabar back with the corrections. """""
    Born to play, Forced to work !

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Here follows the response it deserves:
    Hey, you finally wrote something worth reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Artos_Fabril View Post
    Thank you kindly!!

Quote Originally Posted by badbob117 View Post
    Tolero wrote this in a earlier thread .

""Greetings! Our engineers are very close to determining the root cause of the "too low level" spawn issue, as well as the performance issue with Epic Skeletons. Due to these issues, the Festival will end on Tuesday evening, November 6th. We'd like to weather the weekend to give people a chance to earn motes and upgrade items while our engineers keep working. The Epic Skeleton spawn rate will unfortunately remain low for the remainder of the festival.

Once we have our fixes in place, we will patch the festival during Update 16 on November 12th. With the updates applied, there will be an encore of the festival closer to the Thanksgiving holiday - while pumpkins are still fashionable before Festivult time rolls into town. We apologize for the inconvenience, and look forward to bringing Mabar back with the corrections. """""
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Artos_Fabril View Post
    Thanks!

That nailed 2 flies in one shot :-)

I think I'm done with Mabar until Thanksgiving then.
    Member and owner of "The Mad Midgets" of Khyber.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

Community Member

Btw here is an idea. Block the dang lowbies from entering the inappropriate instances. PLEASE!! It's annoying to be in an epic zone and see a lvl 16 in there causing lower lvl enemies to spawn. Then with the bug, it makes it even harder for us epic ppl to get our lvl appropriate enemies. Why not have it to where, for example if you are a lvl 9 toon wanting to go into Mabar, you are only able to enter the 8-13 zone & are not allowed to enter the other lvl areas. Then if you want to fight higher lvl ones, you could be allowed to enter shared no matter what lvl you are & just try to find a group or an area in there that has higher lvl enemies to fight. Would make things alot nicer for alot of us

Quote Originally Posted by NecromancerQueen View Post
    Btw here is an idea. Block the dang lowbies from entering the inappropriate instances. PLEASE!! It's annoying to be in an epic zone and see a lvl 16 in there causing lower lvl enemies to spawn. Then with the bug, it makes it even harder for us epic ppl to get our lvl appropriate enemies. Why not have it to where, for example if you are a lvl 9 toon wanting to go into Mabar, you are only able to enter the 8-13 zone & are not allowed to enter the other lvl areas. Then if you want to fight higher lvl ones, you could be allowed to enter shared no matter what lvl you are & just try to find a group or an area in there that has higher lvl enemies to fight. Would make things alot nicer for alot of us
    That was my "recommendation" to several lowbies recently. Some of them complained that they weren't getting any drops at all in their proper instances, so they came into higher level instances, which affects spawning for everyone else. But it would be nice if the instances were level-restricted; of course if the event were debugged it would be nice as well.

BTW, since the event is scheduled to end tomorrow, and there's currently a six-hour downtime, is there any chance the event may be extended? I know there's supposed to be an encore event around Thanksgiving, but what about now?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NecromancerQueen View Post
    Except, they way they made it work, it doesn't matter if someone is level 1 or level 19 in a 20-25 instance. The lowest mob they spawn is the lowest mob a level 20, the lowest level in the instance range, gets rewards for. Turbine made the lowest spawn of a range the CR: that awards drops to 20% of the levels in that range. 80% of the range will still get too weak messages occasionally if they are around a character of the lowest level in the range.

Add this to the bugged instances spawning proper model but too low CR mobs that would make someone new think they have to go up levels. So they move up a notch, and make that band spawn heavy on the 20% reward side, due to more folks around to spawn more of the 20% award range.

Had Turbine set the award spawn minimum at the 60%, or 3 of 5 of the levels in the range, I bet you wouldn't see 1/10th the complaints about lowbies ruining farm spawns, and more focus on the buggy CR and horrid lag.

Community Member

Default Lag

Any news on a lag fix? The dragon is unplayable right now.

Turbine devs, I defy you to join a primetime mabar instance on argo and say that the lag isn't anything short of unplayably crippling.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334