Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Red face let them eat cake

First - thanks Scoob and DJ

Second, I wanted to explain a bit about the pot count. I believe the final count was around 28 or 29? But by far the main user of pots was me at 15. I believe the 2 casters used around 8 total, and the other healer used around 6.

But there were reasons for that. We went in with only 2 healers, and we did have a healer go down a couple of times. This meant I was solo healing so a bit more mana was used than normal. If you have run the quest, you know that the death timer prevents you just quickly raising the other healer. I also was being a bit cautious with the heals. The damage that can be handed out in this quest is massive to say the least, so we did our best with bursts, aura and mana to keep the players topped off. The curse mechanic also means that you will have to cast heals more than once at some people. Now, this mechanic is not new, but the way she spam curses makes it have a much larger impact on mana consumption.

Overall, it doesn't matter if you call it a cakewalk or not, that is nothing more than a word. What does matter is that it was a lot of fun, and took far less time and resources than we have used so far. I look forward to trying to improve it next week. I would love to hear how other groups are running it, how successful they have been and what strategies they have used! Lets let the conversation go that way instead.
    Kitraine ~ Degenerate Matter
    Completionist / Epic Completionist - 15 Druid / 4 Favored Soul / 1 Sorcerer
    Triple past lives Sorcerer/Wizard/Cleric/Favored Soul/Druid/Morninglord

Other Main Capped Characters
    Krestal Sorcerer Azlix Cleric Talonaise Rogue Assassin

Just out of curiosity...

When groups do these 30-60 pots raids, where do most of the pots come from?

Seems like a minimum 30 pot completion fee is pretty steep. Is the primary measure of raid completion/difficulty done with pot consumption?

Quote Originally Posted by Full_Bleed View Post
    Just out of curiosity...

When groups do these 30-60 pots raids, where do most of the pots come from?

Seems like a minimum 30 pot completion fee is pretty steep. Is the primary measure of raid completion/difficulty done with pot consumption?
    We run this once a week, sometimes twice - but usually once. I collect 5 pots per melee usually, and stash the remainder toward the next run. 5 pots a week is incredibly easy to come by - and with this run, the remainder is probably enough to cover msot of the resources we'll use next run.
    Last edited by Durnak; 10-25-2012 at 03:03 PM.
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Congratz to you and the group. Sounds like you guys are tightening the screws on that raid.

The time and consumption is impressive for sure.

I think that there were a lot of things that went "right" in this instance that just didn't go as well in previous runs. As a whole, most people tightened up their deathcounts and kept it to an absolute minimum. Every one of the regulars probably had some of their most survivable runs in there. Fewer deaths results in fewer resources and less time. There were the usual deaths during the leg phase and I think the hand got two. Any others besides that were probably avoidable in one way or another and most members are probably working on ways to eliminate those sort of deaths on the next run.

If the death counts get lower, the pot use will be lower too. As Azlix mentions, a good chunk of pots used happened when there was only one healer up for a time. Eliminate that one death and suddenly the pot count is halved.

At any rate, we are getting better runs on a weekly basis. I think this one just stood out as being so far ahead of the previous few runs that it was worth bragging about a bit. I'd love to see some 0 pot runs with 6 chests and I think that's totally within reach. 0 death runs would rely on a decent amount of coordination and luck. Sometimes those legs just get you. I'm trying to work out a 100% effective way to avoid death during the leg phase, but I'm not seeing it yet. Same with the hand. If she slaps down and you aren't in the right spot, you will go splat.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 10-25-2012 at 04:17 PM.

THIS IS NOT A CAKEWALK!!111! I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS RAID ON EE BUT I WOULD DO IT WITH 0 POTS AND SOLO!!!!11111 111!~!! DISASTER RAID COMPLETION U R A FAILUREE!

Congrats on doing something that so far only few have done and with fewer pots + deaths. Keep progressing!
    Epicsoul of Orien

Missing Minds, ya got meh...

Btw, gratz to you CK guys (and gal...) Maybeh I'll get around to runnin one of these with ya one of these days, if I can ever shake this funk I've been in.
    "Greet miles of trials with smiles. It riles them that you perceive the webs they weave" -Roger Daltrey Logenn/Masticus/Tyrione/Kemosabi/Warrforgery/
    Mechanically Synergia - Argonnessen

I'd like to take full credit here for how smoothly these runs have been going.

Without my absence in every run so far, you'd NEVER be able to get as far as you have.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Great job, guys. I know it feels good. And who cares about thirty pots, since it's not like something you do six times a day. Doing the hardest content (without taking it incredibly slow) is what those babies are for.
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

Max grats to my former guildies and to Cetuss for being so determined to get it done. People can hate all they want, but it was a worthy accomplishment that I don't see anyone else claiming they did better...soon u guys won't run it on anything but epic elite and the line begging for a spot will be infinite.
    Landos Completionist PM 23/23 lives-Landolf FVS 10/10 lives-Landando 10/10 lives- Sorc Landdeuce Cleric 12/12 lives-Household 6/6 lives Fighter-Landoa Barb 3/3 lives, Landbando 2nd life Bard, Landona 2nd life Pally, Landoc 2nd life EIN Cleric, Wreckt 2nd life Arti
    HELLO!!...You play to win THE Game

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

All this talk of cake. Now I'm hungry

Oh and AWESOME. Interesting to hear your comments on strategy. Are you going to do a more detailed write up?
    ~ Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

I was expecting some sort of new trick for this raid that made it really easy, with that title.

I wouldn't worry about death counts, we all know that more deaths in this raid = more loot
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

Quote Originally Posted by moops View Post
    I was expecting some sort of new trick for this raid that made it really easy, with that title.

I wouldn't worry about death counts, we all know that more deaths in this raid = more loot
    OG is THAT why loot sucked so bad? Az, you must die next Wednesday- I needs a new +4 tome!

DJ's Bravery Streak to 20 - DJ's Bravery Streak to 20 w/ Gr Tome of Learning
    Divinejourny(Artificer Completionist- 21/21lives) - Dreamjourny(Sorc 4/13lives) - Deadlyjourny(Paladin T3) - Dancinjourny(Moncher T3) - Darkjourny(12Monk/7Fighter/1Arti T3) -a few other alts

Props, guys. I am sure as time goes on and more people learn the raid it will become less difficult. You guys are simply ahead of the game. Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    All this talk of cake. Now I'm hungry

Oh and AWESOME. Interesting to hear your comments on strategy. Are you going to do a more detailed write up?
    I don't mind doing a writeup if people will benefit from it. I'd be interested in seeing how other groups tackle it first, if anyone is really running this at all. I understand that the s***ty loot is a major deterrant, so yea.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

Quote Originally Posted by Durnak View Post
    Have you tried running this yet?

ELOB was NOWHERE near the difficulty of this EE raid. Setting up a decent tank that knew his tells was the one trick you needed to get that raid done.

Trust me, it was a cakewalk in comparison.
    Well seeing as how at least 3 groups beat EE CiTW the first day it came out (buggy completions aside) as compared to when ELOB came out only 1 completion was recorded until a week after its release. The destinies simply ruined challenge in this game. I will agree in that EE CiTW now is the hardest thing to do in the game currently.

As for the OP, this run is very impressive, lookin forward to a flawless run one day, possibly.
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Durnak View Post
    We run this once a week, sometimes twice - but usually once. I collect 5 pots per melee usually, and stash the remainder toward the next run. 5 pots a week is incredibly easy to come by - and with this run, the remainder is probably enough to cover msot of the resources we'll use next run.
    Is it fun? Or are you just grinding loot?

I have not attempted it yet, but with all the neg reviews it got it sounded like it was not worth running at all.

Yeah, see, in my head, U16 is when running this raid becomes genuinely viable. All my efforts so far, none of which have been EE, are just training. Training for post U16. When CiTW becomes worthwhile. PArticularly on EE, whereupon I believe the fabled +5 tomes will drop.

Of course all of this is probably in my head. Oh, and gratz Durnak + group. Don't listen to everyone quibbling about 'cakewalk' they are just being pedontic.

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    Well seeing as how at least 3 groups beat EE CiTW the first day it came out (buggy completions aside) as compared to when ELOB came out only 1 completion was recorded until a week after its release. The destinies simply ruined challenge in this game. I will agree in that EE CiTW now is the hardest thing to do in the game currently.

As for the OP, this run is very impressive, lookin forward to a flawless run one day, possibly.
    Thanks bud,

I found a thread with 2 of those in it and both had skipped the 2 portals, which are usually the hardest parts of the run. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=383460

In my view, the issue with ELOB was to just get a proper HP tank that learned the tells. After that, the part with the dreamforge **** was the only real challenging part.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Community Member

I would just like to point out that the cake is a lie.

Good work on taking this raid to the cleaners! Once we get it down to the 1 hour completions on EE with 10 or less pots used, I'll start running it myself. On EN.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast