Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default EE web turned into a cakewalk

So, I schedule an EE Caught in the Web for every wednesday night which is composed primarily of ChaosKnights with friends from Firefly and Death N Taxes on Argo. Normally they go quite well, with 30-40 pots across the group being used in an average time of 2 hours and 20 minutes. the death counts are usually between 60 and 80, with no re-entries.

This run turned out to be incredibly smooth, even with respect to the previous runs; by far our best performance.

Resources:

Pots: ~30 across the group
    Completion Time: 1 hour and 40 minutes
    Re-Entries: 0
    Deaths: 31

Loot: Horrific as usual. The crappy cleaver dropped, and thats it.

We used 4 shrines in the quest as usual. One of them is entirely extra, and will be done away with next run to get the 6th chest. We had 5 chests in this run and every run prior to it.

Azlix didn't die at all this run or the last one, so props to her.

If you're wondering about the toons names in the xp chart not matching up with those in the party, we had several people switch in the end for completion, there was a second healer and an artificer.

And just as a side note, my death does not count. It happened for a very stupid reason =D

Last edited by Durnak; 10-25-2012 at 02:05 AM.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

We TOTALLY rocked it.

Only wish loot was better.

Also Az rules. That is all.
    DJ's Bravery Streak to 20 - DJ's Bravery Streak to 20 w/ Gr Tome of Learning
    Divinejourny(Artificer Completionist- 21/21lives) - Dreamjourny(Sorc 4/13lives) - Deadlyjourny(Paladin T3) - Dancinjourny(Moncher T3) - Darkjourny(12Monk/7Fighter/1Arti T3) -a few other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Durnak View Post

Azlix didn't die at all this run or the last one, so props to her.
    Max gratz Az
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Community Member

EE with only one divine? Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Shunlee123 View Post
    EE with only one divine? Incredible.
    The OP mentions that several party members switched for completion. READ, THINK, then SPEAK. In that order. Now you try it...
    "Greet miles of trials with smiles. It riles them that you perceive the webs they weave" -Roger Daltrey Logenn/Masticus/Tyrione/Kemosabi/Warrforgery/
    Mechanically Synergia - Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AegonTargaryen View Post
    The OP mentions that several party members switched for completion. READ, THINK, then SPEAK. In that order. Now you try it...
    Sorry, I am too fascinated by the screenshots!

Threat title : EE web turned into a cakewalk

Quote Originally Posted by Durnak View Post
    This run turned out to be incredibly smooth, even with respect to the previous runs; by far our best performance.

Resources:

Pots: ~30 across the group
    Completion Time: 1 hour and 40 minutes
    Re-Entries: 0
    Deaths: 31
    Congrats on your accomplishment.

I would add though, that your resources used are not what I would consider a cakewalk.

Wow! Much smoother than any EE run I have seen/been in/heard of so far. Any changes from the general strategy that helped?

And what was that stupid reason for your death?
    Cannith- A Tribe Called Zerg
    Elbion Tosscobble: TR'ing Atm
    Ivena: 20 Rouge TR1 Dps/Epic Trapper/Epic Assassination
    And a multitude of changing alts

Community Member

Congratz, very nice.

I see no Devs in there thou

I don't see how using 30+ pots is considered a "cakewalk", but grats I guess.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post
    I don't see how using 30+ pots is considered a "cakewalk", but grats I guess.
    Keep things in perspective, some of the very first runs were 60+ pots with re-entries that took 2.5-3 hours to complete, with 3 divines.

30 pots, no re-entries, half the time, 2 divines felt like we blitzed through it and thus was a cakewalk in comparison.
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    Threat title : EE web turned into a cakewalk

Congrats on your accomplishment.

I would add though, that your resources used are not what I would consider a cakewalk.
    Lol, whats with people disagreeing about calling it a cakewalk? Something tells me that you haven't tried to tackle this run and get burned enough on resources so see how low 30 pots really are, especially under those circumstances.

If you have a better run, by all means, show it off - but that was DEFINITELY a cakewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by ElbionTcob View Post
    Wow! Much smoother than any EE run I have seen/been in/heard of so far. Any changes from the general strategy that helped?

And what was that stupid reason for your death?
    Yea absolutely, we had to develop a strategy for each encounter that involves quite a few of the different classes abilities (I'll mention two: pally save auras to get into the 50's reflex save needed to not fail cometfalls, and Artificers to spam mass curse removal on lolth).

Lol, my death was on the island before the end fight. I might've zerged a little too far in to catch a cometfall while getting pounded on by a master's spy
    Last edited by Durnak; 10-25-2012 at 12:29 PM.
    YouTube Channel HERE

I blame Gondore. And Xadin. But mostly Gondore.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AegonTargaryen View Post
    If he/she SPOKE then you would have nothing to reply to, would you.

I wouldn't consider this a 'cake walk'.

Last year when Epic LOB was the big dog, the high end groups started finishing it in roughly 2+ hours using 50+ pots. the more hardcore groups whittled it down to 30 mins +/- a few mins, and 0-10 pot runs.

Is the run impressive? sure. Not exactly sure I would run around going "This raid is so easy a cave-pugger could do it!" If ya know what I mean.

Look forward to seeing the 45-min no pot completions.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    I wouldn't consider this a 'cake walk'.

Last year when Epic LOB was the big dog, the high end groups started finishing it in roughly 2+ hours using 50+ pots. the more hardcore groups whittled it down to 30 mins +/- a few mins, and 0-10 pot runs.

Is the run impressive? sure. Not exactly sure I would run around going "This raid is so easy a cave-pugger could do it!" If ya know what I mean.

Look forward to seeing the 45-min no pot completions.
    Have you tried running this yet?

ELOB was NOWHERE near the difficulty of this EE raid. Setting up a decent tank that knew his tells was the one trick you needed to get that raid done.

Trust me, it was a cakewalk in comparison.
    Last edited by Durnak; 10-25-2012 at 01:34 PM.
    YouTube Channel HERE

A relative cakewalk, when considering other runs of the same raid on EE. An absolute cakewalk, which is what you're referring to on the title? Hell no.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForte View Post
    A relative cakewalk, when considering other runs of the same raid on EE. An absolute cakewalk, which is what you're referring to on the title? Hell no.
    Absolute?

Look at the word *turned* in the title.

Thanks for reading.
    YouTube Channel HERE

It's ridiculous that this post has turned into a nitpick over a single word. Who cares?

Congrats to the OP and his group for this accomplishment. It's a good feeling when you roll through a quest successfully. Don't let all the negative comments take away from your accomplishment!
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post
    It's ridiculous that this post has turned into a nitpick over a single word. Who cares?

Congrats to the OP and his group for this accomplishment. It's a good feeling when you roll through a quest successfully. Don't let all the negative comments take away from your accomplishment!
    Yea, i didn't evengive the title a second thought. Just wrote out how the run FELT to myself and the group atm when i took the screenshots. So, whatever.

thanks!
    YouTube Channel HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast