Default Levels 20-25 Cap No XP Penalty Guide :)

Title Says it all here you will find a super user friendly guide to Cap 25. While while fending off the Destiny grind until hard capping 25 @ 3 million XP. You will be able to keep the juicy XP Quests nearly uncontaminated by repeat penalties.

Venturing Through the Final few lives leading to Capping my 2 Completionists I've had the opportunity to Experiment with many different scenarios to reach Cap 25.

Having the luxury of waiting for the TR timer to expire, Archora (Tr Accomplice) and myself have run many different to cap 25 experiments while waiting for 7 day TR timers to expire.

There are many paths to Rome so anyway to get to 25 works in the end pretty much.

Reaching 25 is a good thing the 1st 3 million Xp is quite easy.... Navigating the waters to the next odd 16 million if your build needs 12-16-18 Fate points can be real tricky or repetitive

I've elaborated a guide that has worked brilliantly for some of us coming off Heroic Cap into 20-25 Epics.

I've called it The Lowbie EPic XP Gauntlet

I suggest running it off a Hard streak for a definite boost to Overall Xp.

Anyone can run it. It is quite simple and does not involve much grinding per quest.... It simply takes you through Stormreach / Eberron Epics Through the Rift to Eveningstar then the Demon Web + Druid's Deep

1- Pre 20-25 epics it is very nice to build up a Hard Bravery Streak
    2- TOD flagging on Hard + LOB/MA Flagging on Hard will grant you a going into Hard Streak
    3- Complete all in-Game Epic Quests on Epic Hard before running your first raids.... Build up that XP Base
    4- Have the least possible amount of repeats in Eberron Epics pre-Motu (not a big deal though) Hard to miss Von 3 and Wiz King

If building up a hard streak it is very important to note that Bravery Bonus still is applied with 2 levels above quest difficulty.

Also Bravery Bonus applies exclusively if you have not previously run the quest that shares Heroic / Epic difficulty.

So if you minimize Heroic / Epic enabled quests you will have nearly an entire run of Epic Quests with Full BB and zero penalties for Repeats for your Destiny XP gains

I present to you the Epic Lowbie Gauntlet

Please note : All relative level gains are represented by 20% XP Pot + Voice / Mantle + 5% xp Shrine... Obviously net XP gains may fluctuate according to your desires.

House Phiarlan Epics (Maleficient Cabal Chain) Level 21 quests on hard best to run for BB Max lvl 23

The Snitch
    Partycrashers
    A Small Problem
    Big Top

House Deneith Epics (Sentinels Chain) Level 21 quests on hard to run for BB Max lvl 23

Bargain Of Blood
    The Black Loch
    Spies in the House :P (lvl 21 can be run @ 23)
    The Tide Turns

Pretty Much by this point you have reached lvl 21...Lvl 21 Feat selection

House Kundarak Epics (Vault Of Night Chain) Level 22-23 quests on hard best to run for BB Max lvl 24-25

Von 1 Tharashk Arena
    Von 2 The Prisoner
    Von 3 Jungles of Khyber (lvl 21 can be run @ 24 for BB and @ 25 on repeats)
    Von 4 Haywire Foundry (lvl 22 can be run @ 24 for BB and @ 25 on repeats)

Red Fens Epics Level 22 quests on hard best to run for BB Max lvl 24

The Claw of Vulkoor
    Fathom the Depths (ancient ziggurat)
    The Last Stand
    Into The Deep

By this Point level 22 should have been reached

Sands of Menechtaraun (Demon Queen Chain) 22-23 questson hard best to run for BB Max lvl 24-25

An Offering of Blood
    The Chamber of Raiyum (Wizard King) (lvl 23 on hard can be run @ 25 for BB and @ 25 on normal repeats)
    Chains of Flames (lvl 23 on hard can be run @ 25 for BB and @ 25 on normal repeats) Why repeat this one? :P
    Against The Demon Queen (DQ 1) (lvl 23 on hard can be run @ 25 for BB and @ 25 on normal repeats)

on hard
    The lords of Dust (Spinner Of Shadows Chain) Level 22 quests best to run for BB Max lvl 24

The Lords Of Dust
    Servants Of the Overlord
    Spinner Of Shadow

MOTU Expansion Pack Level 22 quest on hard best to run for BB Max lvl 24

Beyond the Rift

Kings Forest (Villagers Story Arc) Level 22 quests best to run for BB Max lvl 24

Impossible Demands
    Unquiet Graves
    The Lost Thread
    Battle For Eveningstar

+Dont Drink The Water

By this point Level 23 should have been reached

Sschindylrin (The Underdark Story Arc) Level 23 quests on hard Best to run for BB Max lvl 25

The House Of Death Undone (lvl 23 on hard can be run @ 25 for BB and @ 25 on normal repeats)
    The House Of Rusted Blades (lvl 23 on hard can be run @ 25 for BB and @ 25 on normal repeats)
    The House Of Broken Chains (lvl 23 on hard can be run @ 25 for BB and @ 25 on normal repeats)
    The Portal Opens

+The Belly of the Beast

The Demon Web Story Arc Level 24 quests on hard figure the rest
    Trial By Fury
    The Deal and The Demon
    Reclaiming The Rift

Song Of Druid's Deep Level 23 quests on hard figure the rest

The Thorn and Paw
    Outbreak
    Overgrowth
    The Druid's Curse

Running all the Epic Quests on Epic Hard all the from House Phiarlan (lvl 20 Epics) through to Druids's Deep (lvl 23 Epics)

All possible Epic quests are now Locked in with a Hard Bravery Bonus Streak.

You should be in fairly close sight to reaching cap 25 by the end of This EPic Hard Lowbie Gauntlet

The Gauntlet may be repeated on Epic Normal for a quick first Time difficulty bonus lock-in as well... Doing this leads to capping 25 in the process. Running level 20 Normal Epics @ level 22 incur no Xp penalty. Running them @ level 23 incurs a -10% Penalty but you get +25% 1st time bonus.... Not a big deal for quick XP Or you can run Raids to get closer to Epic 25 cap. Be mindful about repeats still they are ever so present.

You can now raid on whatver Epic difficulty you choose or LFM panel may suggest. the Gross of you Epic Xp is achieved[/b]

There has been rumored that there are no penalties for running level 20-25 characters in Epics.... Its not all true.

Above Level quest Penalties still apply. A level 25 Character running with a lvl 20 will not cause a "powerlevel" penalty but the Epic Player level vs quest mechanic penalty will apply.

EX1: Epic Quest The prisoner on Epic Normal @ lvl 21 with a level 25 character will incur a -10% XP penalty.
    EX2: Epic Quest The prisoner on Epic Hard @ lvl 22 with a level 25 charcter will incur no XP penalty.

I consider Raids + Challenges to be mostly a "side Gravy XP serving" to top off some nice 1st time bonuses and fend off repetition related boredom. There is always the optimal party tangible variable to consider for Raids + Challenges.

Its indeed very refreshing to spread out more quests while working on fending off repeat penalties until you are capped. Running a Hard Bravery streak also provides a sweet kicker and keeps the xp / min on a very plausible scale too while running covering all of DDO's Epics.

Hope this can help some of you plan things further once coming off cap into Epics and break the monotony of the TR / Destiny grind.

Enjoy
    Last edited by karpedieme; 10-24-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    Thelanis Server Accolyte 21 PL FVS Completionist Super Soul Accelerated 20 PL Completionist Super Sorc Accessory 3 Ranger 3 Sorc 1 Wiz PL Artificer Accusal 3 FVS 3 Wiz PL Pale Master Accxer Mathbane Barb PL Barbarian Acc 3 FVS 3 Wiz PL Pale Master Ctrl 3 FVS 3 Wiz PL Archmage Jati 3 Monk 3 Ftr PL Tactics Monk Somnath 3 Monk 3 Ftr PL Dark Monk

Community Member

6-starring the cannith epic challenges and 5-starring the eveningstar ones pays a lot of XP.

The Vault of Night raid is very easy, and a good source of xp as well.

The explorer areas are not fast xp spots, but they are not terrible if you know your way or use the wiki map. Each explorer point is worth more than 2k, and there more than 100 total.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    6-starring the cannith epic challenges and 5-starring the eveningstar ones pays a lot of XP.
    Not that I've seen. They have been nerfed into oblivion, no longer worth running even just for first time bonuses.

(Defenseless, for example, was 10k for a 5 minute run with max stars, then 1.7k each run thereafter. Utterly worthless.)

Can someone confirm to me if quest completions stop counting for the penalty if I cap the xp @ lvl 23? I mean, get to the xp for lvl 25, but holding leveling on 23.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I am admin. I don't need HPs

Quote Originally Posted by jejeba86 View Post
    Can someone confirm to me if quest completions stop counting for the penalty if I cap the xp @ lvl 23? I mean, get to the xp for lvl 25, but holding leveling on 23.
    Yes, it does. My main is xp-capped but staying 23 until I decide on a tactical feat (depends on what goristro I end up with) and incurs no repetition penalties.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Not that I've seen. They have been nerfed into oblivion, no longer worth running even just for first time bonuses.

(Defenseless, for example, was 10k for a 5 minute run with max stars, then 1.7k each run thereafter. Utterly worthless.)
    Weird. I got a lot more than that. It was 50ish or 100ish per challenge, first time runs at level 25.

Maybe you were doing a lower level?

Leader of Templar

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    Weird. I got a lot more than that. It was 50ish or 100ish per challenge, first time runs at level 25.

Maybe you were doing a lower level?
    Before or after they double-nerfed the challenge xp? The totals I posted were from last night, but the nerfs happened a couple months ago.

Also, how is the xp you get from not-first-time runs?

Indeed As Ellis Above confirmed.

You can hard cap 25 @ lvl 23 and repetitions in quests + raids do stop.

Taking lvl 24 is a nice compromise to me with the extra feat and stat point. If you are going to take 24 i strongly suggest locking in you lvl 20 epic quests 1st time bonus normal. Running them @ 24 will incure 10% penalty no big deal but its still there.

By looking at the above quest levels in the 1st post you can confortably farm @ lvl 23 any quests in the game with no penalties.

Keep in mind there is a no XP penalty running 3 quests above level. But be mindful you can still be affected by over-level party members.

EX1: Epic Quest The prisoner on Epic Normal @ lvl 21 with a level 25 character will incur a -10% XP penalty.
    EX2: Epic Quest The prisoner on Epic Hard @ lvl 22 with a level 25 charcter will incur no XP penalty.
    Laters and hope this helps
    Thelanis Server Accolyte 21 PL FVS Completionist Super Soul Accelerated 20 PL Completionist Super Sorc Accessory 3 Ranger 3 Sorc 1 Wiz PL Artificer Accusal 3 FVS 3 Wiz PL Pale Master Accxer Mathbane Barb PL Barbarian Acc 3 FVS 3 Wiz PL Pale Master Ctrl 3 FVS 3 Wiz PL Archmage Jati 3 Monk 3 Ftr PL Tactics Monk Somnath 3 Monk 3 Ftr PL Dark Monk

Community Member

Before or after they double-nerfed the challenge xp? The totals I posted were from last night, but the nerfs happened a couple months ago.

Also, how is the xp you get from not-first-time runs?
    After, It was a month or 2 ago when I was leveling the fvs.

The xp after the 1st time run is terrible.

Leader of Templar

Yes, it does. My main is xp-capped but staying 23 until I decide on a tactical feat (depends on what goristro I end up with) and incurs no repetition penalties.
    thank you!

And, of course. Karpe, thanks for the thread!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by karpedieme View Post
    yes if you remove the sugar coating it about summarizes it.

Running all epics on Hard will not cap you out.... You will be close enough however

Cool, I didn't know as I've been in TR land for awhile.

+1 for the useful guide.

Quote Originally Posted by karpedieme View Post
    yes if you remove the sugar coating it about summarizes it.

Running all epics on Hard will not cap you out.... You will be close enough however
    Wait a sec, you mean that if you run the epics one time on hard only and then cap xp, you will still get bravery bonus streak xp when running that quest again?

Because that's what he asked, right?

If positive, this should be a bug, unfortunately.

Wait a sec, you mean that if you run the epics one time on hard only and then cap xp, you will still get bravery bonus streak xp when running that quest again?

Because that's what he asked, right?

If positive, this should be a bug, unfortunately.
    Is this wishful thinking? I will rephrase my answer to his question.

XP penalty Repetitions are eleminated by capping. Bravery Bonus is still a one time thing.

Raiding and answering a post is perhaps not a good mix.

Sorry for the confusion.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

v useful Acc. Thank you

+1
    ~ Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

Community Member

I ran level 23 sunset ritual last night on my 23 AA and 4 starred it (needed about 10 seconds more for that last damn ballista) and got 47k xp in 10 minutes with just a 5% ship and 5% voice. It's not the 100k it used to be but it's not terrible. A repeat at level 25 and 3 starring it got me something like 12k, so that sucked, but 47k for 10min isn't bad.