Hybrid View

Default Dear Devs: Master's Blitz and Hamstring

To the Devs: is there any way Hamstring could be considered a Tactical Feat in order to work towards this Epic Moment?

I understand why it isn't at the moment (there is no save), but by requiring a successful use of Trip/ Stunning Blow/ etc, there are some builds that can never use the Epic Moment in an otherwise great Destiny. My melee ranger is a good example- This is really the destiny that works best (Fury of the Wild depends heavily on the ability to rage, which I cannot). He just cannot attain the necessary Strength to successfully Trip/etc.

Considering the timer is 50 charges (takes a long time to get there) and also that builds this destiny was intended for don't really have many fails on their attempts anyway, why not include Hamstring as a qualified feat? When I mouse over the feat on my hotbar, I'm pretty sure it says it's a tactical attack. And it's a Feat. So why does in not up my counter?

This would give a good Destiny to rogue splash Rangers/etc that can't really find a place elsewhere. As a matter of fact, I very much like this Destiny for my rogue, but he can't use the Epic moment either. Considering the power of Everything is Nothing, I cannot see why this shouldn't be implemented (slightly off topic: and the Shadowdancer Epic Moment be made useful!!! for that matter).

Just saying, but successful means hitting the button, you can increase your counter while beating air.
    Bruyak ~ Razahe ~ Duzzared ~ Marwachine ~ Hukwaller
    Mitis Mors|Thelanis

Community Member

I dumped Improved sneak attack and dex for cleave/great cleave/overwhelming critical on my pure rogue dreadnought.

OC adds about as much damage as ISA would, and the cleave feats let me charge up Blitz. Dumping dex from 18 to 14 base saved me 10 build points.

I posted a thread on the lammania bug forum about hamstring and sap not working. No dev response
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Quote Originally Posted by Desdemonte View Post
    I understand why it isn't at the moment (there is no save), but by requiring a successful use of Trip/ Stunning Blow/ etc, there are some builds that can never use the Epic Moment in an otherwise great Destiny.
    Every class in the game gets trip and sunder. Simply clicking the buttons is all thats required. Doesn't take too long to charge on any class.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Every class in the game gets trip and sunder. Simply clicking the buttons is all thats required. Doesn't take too long to charge on any class.
    Oh. I thought you had to do a successful trip/etc.

Well, that's silly if you don't even have to have a successful result against a mob. Then for sure I can't see why Hamstring couldn't be added. Saves me having to hotkey trip and sunder lol.

I don't know why all my unsuccessful trip attempts aren't increasing my counter then....

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    On my Dreadnought, I have Improved Trip but only regular Sunder. Only Improved Trip increases the counter. The normal Sunder feat you get by default does not.

Is it intentional that only the "feats" you actually spend (ie, improved versions, stunning blow, etc) apply? Or am I somehow bugged and regular Sunder should be upping the counter?

I've tested it extensively, I am 100% certain its working on my guy this way, on live right now. If it should be working otherwise, I'll try resetting, redoing, etc everything and see if I can clear it out. Due to the current plat cost, I haven't tried yet... frankly masters blitz seemed so marginal I was going to just drop it when the new plat cost went in. But, bugs are bugs, and even if its not for me it should work right.

I don't know why all my unsuccessful trip attempts aren't increasing my counter then....
    It could be you have the same situation I have, with the "free" feats not working. I wonder if it was changed at some point to make charging the counter non-trivial.
    Last edited by bbqzor; 10-28-2012 at 01:45 AM.

(Fury of the Wild depends heavily on the ability to rage, which I cannot)
    are you permanently in a defensive stance?

most of the good fury abilities work when raged.

rage potions
    madstone rage
    primal scream

all count as raged for many fury abilities.