Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fingers itching

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

I love my monkcher Adelaise, she's very capable and has also done similar things to your first respondent. However, I find my unarmed rogue Newtou-1 to be my most fun, laid back character; with an archer I'm constantly worried about my positioning to maximise my damage via IPS and so forth.

With Newtou-1 I just wander from enemy to enemy hitting stunning fist and watching their health be obliterated by the 1.5x on the sneak attack damage provided by 18 rogue levels and when I'm in GMoF I supplement that with doing big falcon punches knocking everyone over, maggot farts that blind everyone and the big EiN's that wipe entire rooms of EE mobs ... he's definitely the most fun to play of my toons and the most laid back, no one expects much of a rogue as long as you get the traps.

In your situation I'd check out what Nick was planning; I believe it was human 12 monk/7 rogue/1 fighter. With this split you can still fit vorpal fists via vorpal strikes which I think is the crucial part of the build (I get it via Assassin III but I can see the incentive of this option) and you can fit Overwhelming Critical as well assuming that you have a +4 strength and/or wisdom tome. Round off with the sneak and haste boost from 7 rogue, sense weakness and you'll have a trash destroying machine.

Curiously enough on Newtou's 18 rogue/2 monk split I've still done my fair share of tanking and such things in some old epics and more recently in EH DA the other day, was a bit disappointed that I was able to hold aggro but whatever, just get on and do it.

I find New's build so capable that I've left him somewhat neglected as a Heroic build and haven't bothered to grind out any destinies as he performs totally fine without all the destiny points along though I'm slowly chipping away at neighbouring destinies in the usual course of play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

I'm going to say 'clonk' just because Nick used to laugh at mine all the time

What about a variant of pally or ranger? I am genuinely curious if you can start out with something that is currently in the gimp end of the pool and make it work - even better make it awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    Something terrifying like a Rogue Dilettante H-Elf 6 Arti (Insightful Damage) / 7 Druid (Reaving Roar) / 7 Bard (Warchanter for less awful songs) is probably pure gimpage, but this thread had far too many good suggestions already.
    And you mister, what was your latest atrocity that you were gleefully anticipating many pug rejections from? Suggest that to Ay? Anyone who knows the name 'Aggrim' though is going to accept you just 'cos.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Might try a version of one of my personal experiments (hey, odds are you haven't tried nothin this nuts): 12-13 rog/6arty(was kensai, but arty gives an extra buff or two)/1-2 monk(wraps save inventory space). Pick the twf and ips lines, and you've basically got a 'steady ranger' game-play wise. (IE: Less outgoing immediate burst to draw agro, but also less incoming if it does.)

Bard with chest blessing. Either a joke build like Nick's 140hp soulstone, or a build that can hold its own.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Bard with chest blessing. Either a joke build like Nick's 140hp soulstone, or a build that can hold its own.
    Chestblesser = hidden OP

FYI she has still yet to bless a chest in edq1 that actually dropped a shard for us.
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Trying to find something Andy has never played with is like finding a ROSS shard. For someone like you who has 2 completionists, the perfect melee, the perfect evoker and the perfect caster (oh, I also forgot... the perfect bank toon Ayplink), it's hard to find an original build that will make you want to play.

And you know how much I want you back ingame so here's a couple of ideas to give you something to think about while you wait for Sandy to go away!

- Bard : 14 Warchanter / 6 Fighter with Fury of the wild
    Bard pew pew : 12 Warchanter / 6 Arti / 2 fighter

- Fvs : H-orc 18 fvs / 2 fighter with Fury. Big numbers I know this is a common build but besides Aydoom which I doubt you played much, haven't really seen you play non-optimal fvs. Pretty laid back build.
    Another idea would be 12 fvs / 6 fighter / 2 monk.

- Cleric : 17 cleric / 3 monk - unarmed melee with EIN/implosion.

- Wiz : 12 wiz / 6 fighter / 2 monk - melee vampire.

- Sorc : Tukaw-like build. Hey it's still very far from being optimal but could be fun especially with a toon that has the gear & PLs. 12/14/16 Sorc, rest monk/paly/fighter. Fury of the wild, haste boost twisted.

- Paladin : Pure with dual wielding morhns. DR breaking, with pulverizer, could actually be decent.

The potatoes are waiting for me in the kitchen so that's it for now Stay safe in the US.

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    Chestblesser = hidden OP

FYI she has still yet to bless a chest in edq1 that actually dropped a shard for us.
    You don't care about the seals/shards, it's the +6 caster sticks you do it for.

Devotion 120, Implement 18, +3 Evocation DC, Efficient Maximize 2
    Glaciation 120, Implement 18, +3 Necro DC, Spell Pen 9

- either of those will trade for a +4 tome.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

What is a chest blessing build that can hold its own? I've got a 15 bard/2 rogue on Khyber that can bless chests but I am ... not exactly thrilled with her performance.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Mel provoked me.

The RNGmonster:
    1 Fighter / 6 Artificer / 13 Wizard Shiradi Champion Evocation Archmage

Human:
    STR 8
    DEX 16
    CON 16
    INT 18 (+ 3 Tome, +6 Level-Ups, +2 Ship, +1 Exc, +3 Insight, + 4 Enh, +1 Profane, +8 Item, +2 Completionist) = 48
    WIS 8
    CHA 8

1 - Artificer 1 Toughness, Empower
    2 - Artificer 2
    3 - Artificer 3 Completionist (If you're not a Completionist, go with a Barb level instead of the Fighter level and take PL: Wiz here, with IPS at 21.)
    4 - Artificer 4 Maximize
    5 - Artificer 5
    6 - Artificer 6 Point Blank Shot
    7 - Wizard 1 SF: Evocation
    8 - Wizard 2
    9 - Wizard 3 Mental Toughness <-- Archmage Pre-req
    10 - Wizard 4
    11 - Wizard 5 Quicken
    12 - Wizard 6 GSF: Evocation
    13 - Wizard 7
    14 - Wizard 8
    15 - Wizard 9 IC: Ranged
    16 - Wizard 10 Enlarge <-- must-have on this build imo
    17 - Wizard 11
    18 - Wizard 12 Precise Shot
    19 - Fighter 1 Improved Precise Shot
    20 - Wizard 13
    21 PL: Wizard
    24 ESF: Evocation

ED:
    Shiradi - Prism + Rainbow + Double Rainbow + Whatever.
    Twists - Tier 2 +2 Evoc Draconic, Tier 2 +3 Evoc Magister, Tier 3 [Echoes of Magister's +1 Int frees up the trinket slot from Litany] but whatever.

Evocation DC on Prismatic Spray:
    Base 10 + Spell Level 7 + Int 19 + Sorc PLs 3 + Feats 4 + Item 2 + ED Twists 5 + Archmage (because you are a terrible wizard who doesn't even qualify for Archmage II) 1 = 51

SR:
    Wiz Levels 13 + Nothing 0 = 13.

This firmly places Orthons in the vale explorer area into the too-hard basket.

Playstyle:
    Cast Chain Missiles and Magic Missiles a lot. Use Prismatic Spray sometimes for CC and Instakill (Ahahahaha. Seriously though.). Fusillade occasionally.

The big reasons I TRed out of this are:

1) That Double Rainbow doesn't proc on rune arm blasts, meaning spamming tier 1 Toven's 2 blasty things does not compensate for a lack of meteor swarm. <-- BUG?

2) The SLAs go on cooldown when you cast regular chain missiles or magic missile (but the regular spell does not go on cooldown when you cast the SLA meaning it's not utterly useless). It's my suspicion that Sorc is faster with the exact same spells. <-- BUG?

3) I had a wiz icon and people kept randomly expecting CC and insta-kills. "Like whatever man, I'm doing my own thing." made me lots of people's friend.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    You don't care about the seals/shards, it's the +6 caster sticks you do it for.

Devotion 120, Implement 18, +3 Evocation DC, Efficient Maximize 2
    Glaciation 120, Implement 18, +3 Necro DC, Spell Pen 9

- either of those will trade for a +4 tome.
    I picked up Devotion 120, Implement 18 +3 Enchant DC, Spell Pen 9. If it was greater spell penetration at a lower spell level it would have been darn near perfect. That's a pretty decent offhand stick for a bard with a stack of heal scrolls in the other hand.

Definitely a spellsinger bard.
    Or better! A halfling bard!
    Lots of fun, and even if you pike, you contribute with songs!
    Cannith
    Csodaszarvas
    Valyria - Hulkie - Sillymilly - Killberry - Silvyanna - Walour - Corgak - Thalrian-1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12