Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45
  1. #21
    Founder adamkatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in the US 48
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssdprref View Post
    Siren's Song*
    If said player were charmed then you would technically be in control of them. You wouldnt need all those other tactics. you could just use them to taunt the nearest nuker.

    Charm, its all you need!
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    914

    Default another call not to "fix" pvp

    One important use of pvp is to test certain attacks/defenses in a completely controlled environment. Every time an attack is disabled or otherwise altered for pvp, it damages the ability to test how it works in the pve world. PVPers should either go get EDs themselves, or go find a pvp pit that is missing such epic builds. Devs should never consider taking something out of the pve world to fix a problem with pvpers not bothering to buy the expansion.

    I think it says something that you want to remove parts of the game from everybody to help a whiny portion of the game that isn't supporting Turbine.

  3. #23
    Community Member ka0t1c1sm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diroctive View Post
    It seems the majority of the people that post in PVP are there to derail threads by droning on about how DDO is not a PVP game. "DDO is not a PVP game" is a standard response to every single thread in this section of forums. It's a bit like going to to beach to complain about how much you don't like sand.
    If DDO is the beach, then PvE is its sand. Complaining about PvP in DDO is more like complaining about seeing trash littering that beach.

    Quote Originally Posted by rdasca View Post
    People come in this forum to post their ideas about PvP in DDO, pro or con, the fact that the overwhelming majority are con is not a problem with people expressing their opinions, it is only a reflection of the fact most people do not want even the PvP we have, much less anything added to it or the game changed to accommodate it.
    This. +1.
    Morgulion Romenion Zandrine Zeldaryne The Order of Cygnus Sarlona
    Quote Originally Posted by BitkaCK2
    There are no bugs in this game, only unintended features.

  4. #24
    Community Member Ssdprref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    If said player were charmed then you would technically be in control of them. You wouldnt need all those other tactics. you could just use them to taunt the nearest nuker.

    Charm, its all you need!
    You don't go in the Pit very often do you?
    Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

  5. #25
    The Hatchery Nedime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    If said player were charmed then you would technically be in control of them. You wouldnt need all those other tactics. you could just use them to taunt the nearest nuker.

    Charm, its all you need!
    Well.
    Lol.
    OK.

    Pin: Ranged or Thrown Attack: (Cooldown [20/15] seconds) enemy takes [+2/+3][w] damage. If enemy is not moving, enemy is pinned in place for [9/18] seconds. Enemy is slowed if moving. (No saving throw observed for either effect)

    Siren's Song: Spontaneous song: (Active Cooldown: [60/50/40] seconds) Unbreakable mesmerize on a single target and deals 2 Constitution damage every [3/2/1] seconds. Duration 12 seconds.

    Chord of Disruption: (Passive) When Siren's Song expires, Chord of Disruption focuses your energy to a single disruptive point causing [5d100+700 / 6d100+800 / 7d100+900] disintegrating sonic damage. If a Fortitude save is made effects are halved.

    Dragon Breath: Active Ability: (Cooldown 1min) Cone that deals 1d15 +15 [red fire/white cold/black acid/blue electric] damage per character level (reflex save for half). Can use 5 times per rest.

    Flyby Attack: Active Ability: (Cooldown 1min) Executes an abundant step which passes through enemies and deals 2d6 [fire/cold/acid/electric] damage per character level to any enemy struck during the attack. Each enemy is also knocked down (reflex save DC 20 + 1/2 character level + INT/CHA modifier for half damage; STR/DEX save DC 20 + 1/2 character level + INT/CHA modifier negates knockdown).

    You got it now ?
    Succubus pretty ... too bad she try to kill us
    Lewela FvS (5th life)-Aezechiel Sorc (3rd life)-Usuldur Monk (5th life)-Larsenkarden Cleric (2nd life)-Punkcanard Eva-Artie (2nd life)-Kakophonyc Virtuoso/Fighter
    Le Dernier Chapitre ///// Argonnessen

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssdprref View Post
    Complete 10 ED's

    Twist Siren's Song, Chords of Disruption and Pin.

    Craft a Hell Fire crossbow.

    Go Draconic and select acid.



    Go in Pvp
    Charm
    Pin your enemy,
    Fly Attack him.
    Meteor Swarm.
    Dragon Breath.

    Congrats you can kill anything in the PVP with ANY class.
    Unfortunatly, your plan is not foolproof.
    Siren's song get's absorbed by spell absorption
    All the other attacks are too slow if:
    Monk uses kukan-do
    Earth savant uses earthgrab
    Ranger manyshots you
    I've actually been working on an the concept of an ideal pvp build (not gonna build it myself) and I think I found something pretty legit. Some pvp fan made him to 20 and is now gonna take the ED's and twists I told him to take and we'll see how it turns out once he's ready :-)
    And no, he's not a caster.
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

  7. #27
    Community Member Ssdprref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    Unfortunatly, your plan is not foolproof.
    Siren's song get's absorbed by spell absorption
    All the other attacks are too slow if:
    Monk uses kukan-do
    Earth savant uses earthgrab
    Ranger manyshots you
    I've actually been working on an the concept of an ideal pvp build (not gonna build it myself) and I think I found something pretty legit. Some pvp fan made him to 20 and is now gonna take the ED's and twists I told him to take and we'll see how it turns out once he's ready :-)
    And no, he's not a caster.

    If the opponent has Pale:
    Swap Meteor Swarm to first attack
    then continue with the sequence.

    If the opponent has evasion, AKA monk/ranger.
    Don't bother with Fly attack nor Breath.
    Meteor Swarm,
    Sirens,
    Pin
    Chords*1.50 will cause more damage than their classes can hold.


    Of course, you'll suffer if you don't have evasion or a good save for PWS but in as soon as you get his Pale off. You're at the top of the food pyramid.
    Last edited by Ssdprref; 11-21-2012 at 12:06 PM.
    Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

  8. #28
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssdprref View Post
    If the opponent has Pale:
    Swap Meteor Swarm to first attack
    then continue with the sequence.

    If the opponent has evasion, AKA monk/ranger.
    Don't bother with Fly attack nor Breath.
    Meteor Swarm,
    Sirens,
    Pin
    Chords*1.50 will cause more damage than their classes can hold.


    Of course, you'll suffer if you don't have evasion or a good save for PWS but in as soon as you get his Pale off. You're at the top of the food pyramid.
    Then u meet any class in SHiradi champion with TR missiles and you're done for...
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

  9. #29
    Founder adamkatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in the US 48
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nedime View Post
    Well.
    Lol.
    OK.

    Pin: Ranged or Thrown Attack: (Cooldown [20/15] seconds) enemy takes [+2/+3][w] damage. If enemy is not moving, enemy is pinned in place for [9/18] seconds. Enemy is slowed if moving. (No saving throw observed for either effect)

    Siren's Song: Spontaneous song: (Active Cooldown: [60/50/40] seconds) Unbreakable mesmerize on a single target and deals 2 Constitution damage every [3/2/1] seconds. Duration 12 seconds.

    Chord of Disruption: (Passive) When Siren's Song expires, Chord of Disruption focuses your energy to a single disruptive point causing [5d100+700 / 6d100+800 / 7d100+900] disintegrating sonic damage. If a Fortitude save is made effects are halved.

    Dragon Breath: Active Ability: (Cooldown 1min) Cone that deals 1d15 +15 [red fire/white cold/black acid/blue electric] damage per character level (reflex save for half). Can use 5 times per rest.

    Flyby Attack: Active Ability: (Cooldown 1min) Executes an abundant step which passes through enemies and deals 2d6 [fire/cold/acid/electric] damage per character level to any enemy struck during the attack. Each enemy is also knocked down (reflex save DC 20 + 1/2 character level + INT/CHA modifier for half damage; STR/DEX save DC 20 + 1/2 character level + INT/CHA modifier negates knockdown).

    You got it now ?
    Got what?? I dont need in game descriptions, i could look that up myself. The man listed charm, If you were to charm a player Like charmed mob they should fight for you until the effect wears off....
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

  10. #30
    Founder adamkatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in the US 48
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssdprref View Post
    You don't go in the Pit very often do you?
    Pvp is only good for testing spells and/or abilities, why would you stay there long?
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

  11. #31
    Community Member Ssdprref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    273

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    Then u meet any class in SHiradi champion with TR missiles and you're done for...
    Lmao, last time an Archer killed my Cleric was before expansion. Seriously, if you don't go to the PVP in a daily basis don't post.
    Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

  12. #32
    Community Member Ssdprref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    Pvp is only good for testing spells and/or abilities, why would you stay there long?
    Not really, PVP is awful to test abilities.

    You'll go there because you want to know how to PVP and don't make a fool of yourself on the PVP forums.
    Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

  13. #33
    Founder adamkatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in the US 48
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssdprref View Post
    Not really, PVP is awful to test abilities.

    You'll go there because you want to know how to PVP and don't make a fool of yourself on the PVP forums.
    If i wanted to make a fool out of myself i go play a real pvp game called battlefield 3.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

  14. #34
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssdprref View Post
    Lmao, last time an Archer killed my Cleric was before expansion. Seriously, if you don't go to the PVP in a daily basis don't post.
    You idiot, you didn't read the TR missiles part, did you?
    Please don't talk bout pvp if u don't know anything about it because:
    Shiradi champion TR missiles will basically oneshot any toon, if he has spell absorption it will 2-shot him in combo with meteor swarm, and if you're lucky still oneshot him with over 1000 damage...

    Since you seemed to negate it last time I posted that I will break it down

    7% chance on 3d20 cold damage
    7% chance on 2d10 stat damage
    7% chance on 1d100 random damage
    7% chance on random effect, usually dealing alot of damage
    7% chance on 3d20 light damage

    These chances are applied once for every magic missile, TR missiles will send 10, unstoppable missiles which already hit like 35-40 averagely (crits included) While the TR missiles are blocked by PLIS, the effects are not. Also meteor swarm (4 or 8 different attacks, I'm not sure how that one counts) as it will strip pale lavender in the proces.

    Do you really want to win in pvp? Don't you give a **** about the fight and are you just there for the kill? Do you want a pure pvp-win build? Then use a 17 wizard/3 monk force specced with PLIS, house p shield, shiradi champion maxed and of course he needs to have his HP maxed out. No existing build can beat that build except maybe a lucky strike from an AA. Of course you'll have to boost your reflex save vs earthgrab but as wizard with twists, that shouldn't be problem.
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

  15. #35
    Community Member MrChipinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Not Russia
    Posts
    151

    Default

    This turned into a name calling thread really quickly, if the devs actually looked at PvP (do not care if they do) then I assume the Cube would be along any second now...











    That was a dramatic pause.
    Thal and co.

  16. #36
    Community Member Ssdprref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    273

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    You idiot, you didn't read the TR missiles part, did you?
    Please don't talk bout pvp if u don't know anything about it because:
    Shiradi champion TR missiles will basically oneshot any toon, if he has spell absorption it will 2-shot him in combo with meteor swarm, and if you're lucky still oneshot him with over 1000 damage...

    Since you seemed to negate it last time I posted that I will break it down

    7% chance on 3d20 cold damage
    7% chance on 2d10 stat damage
    7% chance on 1d100 random damage
    7% chance on random effect, usually dealing alot of damage
    7% chance on 3d20 light damage

    These chances are applied once for every magic missile, TR missiles will send 10, unstoppable missiles which already hit like 35-40 averagely (crits included) While the TR missiles are blocked by PLIS, the effects are not. Also meteor swarm (4 or 8 different attacks, I'm not sure how that one counts) as it will strip pale lavender in the proces.

    Do you really want to win in pvp? Don't you give a **** about the fight and are you just there for the kill? Do you want a pure pvp-win build? Then use a 17 wizard/3 monk force specced with PLIS, house p shield, shiradi champion maxed and of course he needs to have his HP maxed out. No existing build can beat that build except maybe a lucky strike from an AA. Of course you'll have to boost your reflex save vs earthgrab but as wizard with twists, that shouldn't be problem.
    Woah, as far as I remember only one stance can be activated at the same time. Yeah, a maxed TR missile will hit for 800 Damage. So let's say I meteor swarm, he meteor swarm. I charm he throw MM. . . Who wins?

    Or I can get on my Artificer and blew you up with my first bolt for 1k damage, then the second hitting for 150+ plus the third hitting for 150+ and you're done. Before you even load your magic missile.

    Taking in count max Hp without gimping a Wizard can't go over 900, you stand no chance of surviving.
    Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

  17. #37
    Community Member Ssdprref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    If i wanted to make a fool out of myself i go play a real pvp game called battlefield 3.
    What's the difference between Battlefield and DDO? I mean, you are virtual characters playing against other virtual characters in both?

    PVE it's just playing the game how you like against enemies with limited AI. PVP is playing DDO against other people and having fun at it. I don't see any difference.
    Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

  18. #38
    Community Member StigglePig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post
    So you want to remove the best that a class can have? If you keep going with that line of thinking, you'll be fighting as level 1s in tutorial gear.

    Anyway PvP is fine the way it is, it exists and that's all it needs.
    What can I say except well said

  19. #39
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssdprref View Post
    Woah, as far as I remember only one stance can be activated at the same time. Yeah, a maxed TR missile will hit for 800 Damage. So let's say I meteor swarm, he meteor swarm. I charm he throw MM. . . Who wins?

    Or I can get on my Artificer and blew you up with my first bolt for 1k damage, then the second hitting for 150+ plus the third hitting for 150+ and you're done. Before you even load your magic missile.

    Taking in count max Hp without gimping a Wizard can't go over 900, you stand no chance of surviving.
    Euh, seriously? Yes, only one stance can be activated at the same time, and yes, most of em use the same stance to have the effects applied...
    I have fought against Shiradi TR missiles and yes, unless I wear a PLIS they oneshot me because yes they hit over 1000 damage...
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

  20. #40
    Community Member solacerodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssdprref View Post
    Complete 10 ED's

    Twist Siren's Song, Chords of Disruption and Pin.

    Craft a Hell Fire crossbow.

    Go Draconic and select acid.



    Go in Pvp
    Charm
    Pin your enemy,
    Fly Attack him.
    Meteor Swarm.
    Dragon Breath.

    Congrats you can kill anything in the PVP with ANY class.
    Use pale it eats sirens then sharadi you in the 2 seconds it took you to try and cast that win . . . . your system is broken.

    If you want to play dirty exalted angel be at peace ( no save pale wont help either ) boulder toss rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by solacerodgers; 11-12-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload