Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default Feedback for Adjustments to Hirelings!

Hello! We have made some adjustments to Hireling stats and equipment at all levels. This thread is for feedback on these changes.

i hope they are better then before and heal you not stand there and watch you die

Uhul!!!
    Last edited by jejeba86; 10-23-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: crazy smiles :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I am admin. I don't need HPs

Community Member

Could we get a writeup on whats all been changed on each hireling or would that be too much work? It would help to know what we're (..ok me) are looking for/at?

Quote Originally Posted by terrenceknight1 View Post
    Could we get a writeup on whats all been changed on each hireling or would that be too much work? It would help to know what we're (..ok me) are looking for/at?
    The purpose of this thread is to gather details on how playing with hirelings feels currently on Lamannia.

Hireling equipment at all levels has been updated. They should deal more damage in combat, and be a little more survivable (Within reason- these guys won't be soloing elite quests for you anytime soon).

Hireling ability scores have been redone. They progress much higher than they did previously.

Hirelings now have a high Concentration skill. Their spells will be interrupted far less (unless they get hit for a lot of damage in one hit).

To provide feedback, please include the following with your post:
    • The name, class, and level of the hireling you used.
    • Your level.
    • The quest you ran.
    • The difficulty that quest was set to.
    • How you felt the hireling performed in that content.

Feedback presented without that information will not be taken into account. Thanks.
    Last edited by Feather_of_Sun; 10-24-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteline View Post
    i hope they are better then before and heal you not stand there and watch you die
    Just sais gear/stats have changed. Don't think more INT points contributes to hirling AI.

Are the changes found in the condeminium articals (have the ones for epic Hires been added yet)?
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

Hireling equipment at all levels has been updated. They should deal more damage in combat, and be a little more survivable (Within reason- these guys won't be soloing elite quests for you anytime soon).

Hireling ability scores have been redone. They progress much higher than they did previously.

Hirelings now have a high Concentration skill. Their spells will be interrupted far less (unless they get hit for a lot of damage in one hit).

Please feel free to try hirelings out at a variety of level ranges, and let us know how they feel.
    More concentration is great, particularly for the Cleric / FvS hires. Can you guys see your way to some of them learning Quicken too?

Also, less random attacking when set to defence would be awesome on these hires. Yelling at Albus to stop hitting the mobs is getting old
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

Can they get muckbanes?

My clerics end up punching things in The Pit before I even make it to the second furnace.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Warlock12/Monk3(14th life) || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post
    Can they get muckbanes?

My clerics end up punching things in The Pit before I even make it to the second furnace.
    I also made their equipment unbreakable.

I just posrepped you for that. I'll be in Boston in a few weeks. Remind me to buy you a beer.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Warlock12/Monk3(14th life) || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Community Member

Would it be possible to swap out a few spells from the epic hirelings to put in mass death ward? Like Andaro swap out Firestorm/Judgment for Mass Deathward? Heroes Feast/Judgement for deathward on Brec? Even with these changes it'll be incredibly hard to consider using the higher level hirelings when Albus still has the best spell selection by far.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Well, THAT elicited a "DUUUUDE!" from me. Kudos!

I second the "Quicken" notion, but Concentration is a start...

I also second the "stop hitting stuff!" notion. I'd really like Defend on healers to be "Stand there and be a healbot. There's a REASON I used Invisibility on you, stop breaking it!"
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Don't have access to lama right now, but would like to know if they've been granted level appropriate resist. Quite irritating having to waste SP or wands to prevent fire mephits from burning my Cleric hireling alive.
    D.W.A.T: (Now with Non-Dwarf support)
    Founder of the (D.W.A.T) Elf Rebellion and Supporter of the H (alfling). I(ntel). T(eam).

Please feel free to try hirelings out at a variety of level ranges, and let us know how they feel.
    Sounds good. Summons in-scope, or need more practice with these first?

This is darn great news all around. I don't do Lammania, but Im looking forward to trying them out since I use hirelings a bulk of the time.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

OK I've been thru most if not all of this before in other threads but as I can't get onto Lamannia I'm going to reiterate:

1. Every lvl 8-14 Cleric Hireling that does NOT have DV should be given Radiant Burst!
    Those being:
    Fergus - Lvl 8
    Samuel Merrik - Lvl 9
    Fayden Maeleth - Lvl 10 {More on her later}
    Flagon Moren - Lvl 12
    Dheran Giles - Lvl 13

2. Fayden Maeleth - Come on - Her description states she's a follower of the Undying Court - What's with the Club?

3. Fighter Hirelings with Neg levels - Please take Maelstrom away from Castle!

4. Every lvl 16-20 Cleric Hireling whether they have DV or NOT should be Radiant at all times {AURA}.
    Natasha and Ayron have DV - Allow us to choose to tell them NOT to go Radiant upon Summoning if we intend to use.

5. Aunidil Tor'Val, Nimeth Celibel, Tanya Brightstone, Larafay D'Orrett, Caraneth M'yar - These are Offensive FavSoul hirelings - Apart from Larafay they all need Boosting - DO NOT NERF LARAFAY!

6. Certain Hirelings have been better than others for a long time:
    Kurik Forgewarden, Anvil, Toad, Tempys Lorben, Isadora Ironclaw, Shadow....
    Level ups are in order in my opinion for these 6 at least.

7. On the other hand there are a few hirelings that could perhaps do with re-training:
    Maloren, Nedry Smallfoot, Veil, Arkyn Shahrud...
    I wouldn't shed a tear if these four were to be forced to defend Coyle for eternity.

8. K'Zurth Q'Arab - Was nerfed heavily a few updates ago - Now spams Enervate instead of Firewall - Still has the same incredibly low HP total and is just as much of an Aggro magnet but does NO dmg.

9. Zeran Hamsterherder - Someone should tell him he's Lvl 5 NOT lvl 7 - Spell Selection is seriously wonky. Either that or Level him up.

10. I love Wyoh - Most people don't BUT it's obvious to me that Implosion is there to be used - It does work pretty often too BUT I'd like to see Wyoh be given some DC/Spell Pen Boosts please for Epic Content.

11. Still on Wyoh - We have Zero, Zilch, Nada Epic Clerics - Why not Level up Wyoh to 21, Klin can take her place at 20, Heystack moves up to 19, Isadora to 18 and Ayron and Natasha stay where they are.
    Now you have 1 Cleric Hire of each Lvl from 13-21 Leaving the FavSoul hires as the alternative.

12. Rogue Acrobats should use their Quarterstaves in Battle - Why do they all change weapons {only pulling out the staves when asked to Search/Disable}?

Anyone able to post the following:

- HP of a level 12-ish divine hireling
    - Your best estimate as to the Fortification of a hireling in that level range

- The same for a level 16 or so one and a level 20+ one
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

By gear, do you mean some +6 con items? Their hp is usually really really low for level(in higher levels)

Thanks for updating hirelings btw!

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Anyone able to post the following:

- HP of a level 12-ish divine hireling
    - Your best estimate as to the Fortification of a hireling in that level range

- The same for a level 16 or so one and a level 20+ one
    Current Non-Augmented HP and SP for..
    Flagon Moren - 162/944
    Miranda Kelven - 172/858

Yes that's right Miranda has more HP than Flagon but he has more SPs.

Augmented..
    Flagon - 200/986
    Miranda - 210/900

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Current Non-Augmented HP and SP for..
    Flagon Moren - 162/944
    Miranda Kelven - 172/858

Yes that's right Miranda has more HP than Flagon but he has more SPs.

Augmented..
    Flagon - 200/986
    Miranda - 210/900
    So a level 12 has 172hp. Reverse engineering that:

- Clr12: 96hp
    - Heroic Durability: 20hp = 116
    - Improved False Life OR Toughness item effect: 136
    - 16 Con (including items): 172

What I'd expect to see on a first-lifer Clr12 with no hand-me-down loot:

- Clr12: 96
    - Heroic: 116
    - IFL: 136
    - 20 Con (14 base, +1 tome, +5 item, all very easily traded for - even a 28 pointer should start at 14 Con): 196
    - Toughness feat with two enhancements: 230
    (Modify for race - 218 squishy races, 242 durable races).

Of course with more effort they could get a GFL item, +6 Con item, +2 tome and Toughness item but that is much less accessible to a first lifer.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast