Community Member

Default Turbine points for in game gold trade system

Turbine should introduce bound and unbound turbine point system

Bound turbine points?
    These will be points you get for free for every 100 favour completed and the first time points. These will be bound to account.

Unbound turbine points?
    These will be the ones that people actually buy using real money or the free points you get for being a VIP.

There will then be more motivation for cash shoppers to actually buy these points and sell them for fast gold earning.

Any particular interest? You may want to elaborate. It's a good suggestion altough not a new idea.

It comes naturally after having unbound store items and gift codes.
    It'd be good idea to let items be traded securely, to not rely in trust.

Turbine gets the $ and can reasonably expect to be an incentive for people to buy extra tp.
    There's precedent in other games where you can get your tp from the pool of sellers.

The restriction to trade store items can be extended to cover trading tp.
    It is good enough against plat or tp farming, no one would see any $ but turbine.
    Trading farmed tp is no different from farming to trade unbound store items or gift codes.
    Free trading may indeed increase dedicated farming but otherwise they need to work for it as usual.
    (sightly easier these days due to vet7, but still)

The caveat of pay-to-win remains as usual, you can only buy so much from the store, or should.
    Likewise the other reason we didn't have a lot of push for this is that plat wasn't that hard to get.
    But obviously the interest is in getting tp, not plat, so if someone wants to trade theirs, so be it.

Community Member

Yes its not a new idea, its a popular system adopted by numerous other mmorpgs as it is a good way for the company to make money. It gives the cash shopper a reason to buy turbine points for not only personal usage but to make gold off it fast.

Considering a bound and unbound turbine point system, there is no good reason to make any of them bound to account or character for the matter, because to obtain these items, you need to pay real cash in the first place, then sell them off to another player. The game makes money off cash shoppers buying them and selling for quick money.

There is a lot of late game premium or f2p players who has a lot of gold in hand but cant spend them, because there isnt much to spend on at the first place. Therefore, if they implement this system, the company make huge sales of points through cash shoppers, who will in turn sell them to this big crowd.

P.S
    Happy gamers always end up spending more money on a game
    Last edited by shajib; 10-25-2012 at 01:32 AM.

while not in game ..this is done openly on the forums in the form of tp codes for pp/items

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9Crows View Post
    while not in game ..this is done openly on the forums in the form of tp codes for pp/items
    Is there an official statement somewhere as to whether that's legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Circon View Post
    Is there an official statement somewhere as to whether that's legal?
    No, and there wont ever be.

I don't like being able to buy in-game currency, so I will stamp it with:

/not signed
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

/not signed its a bad idea and point code selling and unbound store items need to end.

Community Member

/signed
    i bought 2x MoTU (for me and friend) from other players. I payed 1,5M plat for one and 8frds + few LDS for second. i bought few TP codes from othe players for game stuff too. money goeas to turbine and i think they dont care if i pay it or someone else do it for me. adding TP packs to game as usable item would be great. a lot of players wants to buy some currency or items for $ (or they just want to help other buying quest packs), but they are affraid of being ripped of. tradeable TP pack would make this trade safe.
    so making TP unbound and make it possible to trade any amount of TP would be great.
    adding egsisting TP packs (from ddo store and ddo market) to game as usable, tradeable items would be great too. if this wont happen, make at least quest packs avaible for trade.

PS. sry for bad english, i'm not native english user