Page 165 of 209 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 4162
    2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I hope turbine is tracking you I'm really thinking you do work for a competitor and what you are doing is illegal.
    Impeaching my good name will gain you no favor.

Trying to hide the subject by calling me a liar and saboteur won't intimidate me. Kindly report my postings.

The system is fair and unbiased because it includes the size of a guild and its level into its math - but only those who earned renown in the 24 hour decay window.

2016 DDO Players Council eris2323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    Impeaching my good name will gain you no favor.

Trying to hide the subject by calling me a liar and saboteur won't intimidate me. Kindly report my postings.

The system is fair and unbiased because it includes the size of a guild and its level into its math - but only those who earned renown in the 24 hour decay window.
    It's pretty transparent - you also want solo guilds to be able to remain at level 100 by simply making 250 renown per day, and I think that is too cheap.

You want an easy button for tiny and solo guilds, and a penalty for all large guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    It's pretty transparent - you also want solo guilds to be able to remain at level 100 by simply making 250 renown per day, and I think that is too cheap.

You want an easy button for tiny and solo guilds, and a penalty for all large guilds.
    It's more than that he's trying to drive casual players away from the game, possibly to nwo which seems to be set up to be more casual friendly.

Really? So you're encouraging him to spam the forums, yet again?

I see you are working together.

I hope both of your accounts are penalized.

2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

It's more than that he's trying to drive casual players away from the game, possibly to nwo which seems to be set up to be more casual friendly.
    I had given you the benefit of the doubt because of other threads - but now you are besmirching my good name.

/squelch.

Yeah. I think it's time we called the cube.

People are suggesting others break the forum spamming rules, others are suggesting that they want to give the easy button to small guilds, and then get mad when you point out the math.

This is getting childish; with a cheering squad. Let's report some posts, get the cube in here.

Yeah. I think it's time we called the cube.

People are suggesting others break the forum spamming rules, others are suggesting that they want to give the easy button to small guilds, and then get mad when you point out the math.

This is getting childish; with a cheering squad. Let's report some posts, get the cube in here.
    Already done, may the cube have mercy on us all.

Already done, may the cube have mercy on us all.
    Yeah - this childish cheering squad is getting tiring.

If the gentleman reposts his spammed proposal yet again tonight, I will repost MY observations on it again, as well.

Just to make sure no one misses it.

250 decay for a solo level 100 guild, and yet wants large guilds to pay per account.

pfffffft really now.

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    Agree.

So how do you propose to stiffen the penalties for mass bootings?

Cumulative - but I need to sleep - feed too many people today.

BTW - I like constructive criticism - and positive feedback - but inane drivel and mud slinging is poisonous. The only reason I will squelch.
    I'm not sure how pointing out that you want solo guilds at level 100 to only pay 250 decay per day is mud slinging, but I guess if you can't handle someone pointing out your basic math... squelch is an option!

Honestly I think the best solution would be to untie guild benefits from guild level. Each and every single mmo I've ever seen that has had a guild leveling system has had to deal with people gaming the system, drama from the sytem, and mass complaints. This leads to more dev time being spent on something that really shouldn't be having dev time after it was developed. If turbine wants to keep the renown system in places after this to sell potions it would be fine as long as it was decoupled from the benefits. This would
    A) Let those that want to chase guild levels do so how ever they want for bragging rights
    B) Let casuals and those that don't care about it ignore guild renown
    C) Lower Drama
    D) Reduce dev time dealing with the issue, over time this may be significant cost savings

Quote Originally Posted by Tychagara View Post
    I am a lawyer with an LL.M and lots of time on the job. I know laws. He hasn't broken any and hasn't broken any rules either; you on the other hand have been skirting the rules allot. Here nice cube, let me hand you the gavel!

Will think it over and discuss with you in game, good round table topic don't you think?

Sorry to hear that.

And understandable.

/SQUELCH! too funny!
    Multiple people have already called the cube now, yes.

GO check your back posts...

And you might want to be aware, mr lawyer... Turbine hands out infractions for calling other people trolls and flamers.

Just FYI, I mean, you seem like you know the law and all but experience is a good teacher too!

(we'll wait while you scurry back to your post and edit it, but i've already reported it)

Honestly I think the best solution would be to untie guild benefits from guild level. Each and every single mmo I've ever seen that has had a guild leveling system has had to deal with people gaming the system, drama from the sytem, and mass complaints. This leads to more dev time being spent on something that really shouldn't be having dev time after it was developed. If turbine wants to keep the renown system in places after this to sell potions it would be fine as long as it was decoupled from the benefits. This would
    A) Let those that want to chase guild levels do so how ever they want for bragging rights
    B) Let casuals and those that don't care about it ignore guild renown
    C) Lower Drama
    D) Reduce dev time dealing with the issue, over time this may be significant cost savings
    Now that is a constructive post.

Don't think it will fly - but why don't you message it Uurlock and he might include it into the proposal?

I'd like to take this moment to opt-out our entire guild from the broken system that is currently being proposed then.

You guys enjoy it. I want to ignore decay, and just be level 100, if I have that choice.

And I really can't support his system, as it's all based around giving an easy button to small and tiny guilds, while returning us to a state of 'counting guild members' to find our penalty.

When he wants a level 100 solo guilds to only have to pay 250 decay per day, the numbers are way off; it's too cheap, regardless of my other complaint.

Didn't realize we had that choice to just opt out of his system like that, what a great idea!
    Last edited by eris2323; 03-18-2013 at 12:21 AM.

I'd like to take this moment to opt-out our entire guild from the broken system that is currently being proposed then.

You guys enjoy it. I want to ignore decay, and just be level 100, if I have that choice.

Didn't realize we had that choice.
    Honestly I'd opt out of it even if it removed all ship buffs, guilds are more than guild levels and ship buffs, which is completely missed by most in this thread. I'd miss the navigator but the rest, it'd just save time not having to buff up before quests, I'd probably level faster.

Honestly I'd opt out of it even if it removed all ship buffs, guilds are more than guild levels and ship buffs, which is completely missed by most in this thread. I'd miss the navigator but the rest, it'd just save time not having to buff up before quests, I'd probably level faster.
    I'm almost at that point.

Are the buffs really worth the problems?

Maybe we should ask the devs to totally remove all the buffs. Forever.

And then have them get rid of guild levels. Entirely.

Like it used to be.

All I know is I'm not playing the game if it's going to be basing renown decay off off amount of players in my guild. I'll be playing another game, where I can be social with my friends and not worry if I haven't played in a day or two or haven't played more than 10 minutes today, or anything along those lines.

It's a game.

So you know what devs... if that's easier... do it. Remove all the buffs; everything.

I'd rather have that, than this guys broken suggestions.

SALT THE EARTH SO NOTHING CAN GROW AGAIN

Uh... better be quick with the refunds due to buying guild ships though; or people will be up in arms. Again.

Uh... better be quick with the refunds due to buying guild ships though; or people will be up in arms. Again.
    Thats why I just suggested decoupling rewards from the level, it'd be cheaper for turbine. Honestly though, I started playing about when guild ships started up. I played with no ship buffs for a long time, it wouldn't phase me one bit to do so again. And think about all the people that kick puppies when the buffs are gone for about an hour when the servers go down. Think of the puppies.

Community Member

Smile

I'll be playing another game, where I can be social with my friends and not worry if I haven't played in a day or two or haven't played more than 10 minutes today, or anything along those lines.

It's a game.

So you know what devs... if that's easier... do it. Remove all the buffs; everything.
    Agree - but you can already do that - participation in the guild system is entirely voluntary. So quit your guild - or disband it and form one and never get a ship and never worry about levels, decay anything.

I won't stop you. In fact I encourage you. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lowz View Post
    Agree - but you can already do that - participation in the guild system is entirely voluntary. So quit your guild - or disband it and form one and never get a ship and never worry about levels, decay anything.

I'd not disband my guild; there's hundreds of people in it, and that'd be just rude. I guess for you, that's fine. Not me though.

Thanks for your caring thoughts towards hundreds of people you've never met though.
    Last edited by eris2323; 03-18-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowz View Post

This just highlights the problem though, you just equated belonging to a guild as being able to access the buffs. Guilds, good guilds, are so much more than that when ran right.

Community Member

This just highlights the problem though, you just equated belonging to a guild as being able to access the buffs. Guilds, good guilds, are so much more than that when ran right.
    guilds are what they are - different players want different things. Doesn't make one more right or correct than another.

That has to be in the heart of the system.

And if a guild wants to be a social guild... then it can be.

However, if a guild with hundreds of players in it wants buffs and amenities and levels and its leader doesn't - that speaks of a not good situation.

I suggest the leader take his own advice and leave the guild and all the rat race behind and become a zen hermit.

Page 165 of 209 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175 ... LastLast