Threaded View

Default The Sith Project

I finally decided to start this journal where I can keep track of my lives, of the fun times, share my build experiments, ideas & some pictures. Hopefully this can be useful some ppl.

Here's a little bit about myself : Joined about 2.5 years ago, but due to college, couldn't really play so I left DDO. I came back a year ago, created xSithx (At the time I had no idea he would be my main. For long I regretted chosing such a horrible name. I ended up changing my name, and I am now reborn as Sithali.)
    I didn't decide to go for completionist before a couple of months ago. For long, I would TR, stay at cap for 2/3 weeks then TR again when I was bored of end game. I'm currently in college studying Networks & Telecom so I have a lot of free time that I can spend on sports, reading or DDO depending on my mood.

When I started playing again a year ago, I was pretty noobish. I joined a guild called Double Deviants under the lead of Neeysa (who stopped playing for months as her first child was born, but just came back!). She taught me a lot of things and I like to think of her as my mentor. She introduced me to TRing, introduced me to endgame and I thank her for her patience and kindness. Double Deviants is a very small guild (they have a bunch of completionists in there that are starting endgame now). I met a couple of great guys in there (RTFM, awesome personality and I look forward to being able to run with him again when I finish my lives, Trols, the legendary guy that has the ****tiest connection on Earth and that does what he's best at all the time : Trolling, Kahosh, who stopped playing after he got to completionist lol, Prutania/Beruria - he's gone as well).
    That's where I learned the basics. But as it's very small, when 2 or 3 players leave, you get lonely in there. Also, at that point, I was mainly interested in end game.

I talked to Neeysa about it and with her blessing, I left the guild. I stayed unguilded for a while, until I decided to apply to Elite Raiders. I had had some great experiences with those guys, especially with Zodh & Tyraelus. (Small parenthesis about those two guys. I had done back when I was in DD a static group TR with Zodh & Dustflame/Elemiah (both are gone) and I had been amazed at how good & skilled Zodh was. He did a WF fighter pure life (his last TR before he left) and he did not die once even with a very agressive playstyle, even when he did the crucible elite swim without evasion! My second good experience with ER was Tyraelus, EU player, who is really fun to be around. I remember that great time where we were doing GoP (Ghosts of Perdition) on elite and as we were dropping down to fight the undead beholder, he played the song "Ride of the Valkyries". For the entire farm, we would all play in turns the most epic songs we knew. Fun times!)

Got in ER pretty easily, all voted yes for me. I have to say I have both some great memories of ER and some not so good. I started leading many raids in ER, and most of the time, most guildies would come for raids. I did learn a lot about raiding & raids mechanics at that time, but most of it on my own. Me and Tyra would usually play together, and we both didn't know how Abbot worked, so we decided to learn it on our own. We would go in there, take him down to 75%, one of us would scout, look for either goggles or water, and both enter the same puzzle. Later after that, I started some teaching runs, where I would take a bunch of first timers (sometimes some vets to help me) and we would do a raid. Didn't do more than 6 or 7 of those runs, but each one was a memorable event, and sometimes it would take many tries to succeed, or many tries for us to give up
    I remember that very specific abbot where I had about 8 first timers and the others were vets. We made it on normal with about 50 deaths but a completion. Good times too, I can tell you I was pretty proud of that!
    Sadly, it wasn't really fun for me in ER after a while (absent leader, drama, the drama...) I think everyone remembers the one that shall not be named, with the tragic racism/hatred he threw on the Vault. Me and Tyra were pretty sick of all that was going on and we prefered not getting involved in the drama. So I knew it was time for me to leave the guild and look for a new horizon. Tyra decided to stay there and I can't blame him, my biggest flaw being my impatience.
    While I was in ER, I was mainly doing endgame, and I met some great guys. Too many to be cited, you know who you are.

So that was around 3 months ago. Luckily for me, I stumbled accross Andy (Ayspam) running his usual 2-box TRs. Awesome guy, I did 2 static TRs with him and decided one day to ask him about Revenants (as I was still without a guild). He spoke to Nick about it, and Andy introduced me to the crew (most were active at that point). I wanted to do my best, impress them whenever I had a chance to do so, bring my A-game in everything we were doing. For me, Revenants was incredible. Those guys had known each other for years, friendship and teamwork had brought them together. All very skilled, and all with great personalities. No drama, ever. Ever. They had beaten every raid on the highest difficulties first, they had tons of speed runs achievements, they had gear, experience & skill. So I did my best, succeeded in all the tests they gave me (as far as I know ). The revenants skills test, it's called, introduced by Teth. They had me kite shadows on hard with a melee, lead all raids epic, they tested my knowledge of the game. MOTU came around pretty soon, and I stopped TRs on Sith to play as much as I could with the crew. And one day, Nick said he wanted to talk to me, we switched channels in Team Speak and he told me I was a great fit here and anytime I wanted I could join. Since then, I was in Revs, and although now it's just me playing, I have faith the rest of the crew will be back sooner or later.

The most fun I've had in this game was discovering the game and becoming part of Revenants. Believe it or not, when I joined, it was a blast, I'd sweat in every raid we would do. Revs love the challenge, and they love endgame. Reminds me of the day MOTU Beta opened, we were gonna speed flag so we could discover the raid as soon as possible. And ya know, there was just no way Nick would flag on any other difficulty than Epic elite. I took a break and when I came back later the party chat was filled with deaths, I think they had 30-40 deaths but they finished the quest (At the time, it was bugged and there were spellwards all over the place). And they were so happy they had died so much, finally there was some challenge..until Nick soloed all those quests EE when they came live! Only when I joined did I start seeing the game with new eyes. Before that, raids were 12 man difficult dungeons that required those players. Epic DA required 1 healer and 1 CC, and so did most epics. You waited for the entire group to start a raid. You actually waited for buffs. After joining? You don't wait for buffs because all your toons are self sufficient, fat & can kill fast. You always run ahead, never look behind, always faster. 12 man raids? Shortman all the time unless you actually are in the mood to go pick up some stones or put up with ppl that for the most part don't like your playstyle. Sure it's a solo agressive playstyle, but it's not about being an ass that wants to see others die to feel better about himself. It's all about pushing your toon to the limits, see how far you can go, determine your character's weaknesses and eventually make a stronger build. I know Nick agrees on this with me: we don't mind tossing heals from time to time, we just hate doing it. And it's all about fun, right? We play this game because we enjoy playing it, and well, it's not fun for me to watch HP bars go up and down & press 2 buttons over and over again. Whataver class we play, we are self sufficient.

/salute to my guildies, friends and everyone who helped me become a better player and better person in Real life (another small parenthesis, because believe it or not, I was pretty shy and after leading so many raids, I not only dramatically improved my English but became more confident.)
    Special thanks to Abby for doing so many lives with me. I wish you the best both in DDO as in real life.

Sithali acquired the completionist feat on Sunday, 21th of October 2012, approximately 1 year & 2 months after its creation.

Oh, and sorry for the wall of text
    Last edited by Symerith; 10-25-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!