Community Member

Default Thelanis drama is weak

Dear zerger barb,

It was nice of you to 1) start DQ2 locking your own friend, who asked me to save a spot for you, back behind the efreeti gates while he was AFK and 2) locking both him and me, the lone healer type, out of the main fight by talking to the queen and closing the portal.

Thank you also for not talking twice to reset the quest, as I specified in the LFM, and as I reminded the party in party chat once we had six. Yes, I noticed. You were in the sands for an extended amount of time. Then you weren't. Then you were again.

Thank you for wasting my time and those of four others. After you wiped, the sorc managed to divine, by reading general chat, that it was in fact you who started the fight early. He got a reinvite and we duoed it on hard. I know it's not an accomplishment nowadays, but that's exactly the point. There was no need to waste everyone's time.

I guess this is the price I pay for taking the first five/eleven and going, ready to impart whatever knowledge someone else was kind enough to give me. Perhaps in the future, I should be more like your guild, and label these difficult EH quests "selective."

Apologies to the other three innocents in the party for your lost time.

In the time it took to make this post I could have run two more DQ2s.

3/10, would not write again.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

your loot is your loot.

er....

what?
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

I've done worse:
    -Enter VoD on hard. Some members of the party are taking a long time to buff and I have everything I need.
    -Eh, I'm bored. I'll go kill some orthons.
    -Oh... I guess that portal... closes...

(With a blind pug I wouldn't have gone ahead of the party in a raid but the party leader and another member were guildies and we tend to condone zerging.)
    Thelanis: Takhysys, Tenauch, Vitriolus, Kalav, Leprous

Ahh, I love the smell of pugs in the morning.

Aye, time wasters who have no intention of listening are a frustration and you have my sympathies. Also, drama is weak as you stated but thankfully it's a very short raid.

The important thing is. . . do you feel a little better now?

It's karma for scaring people off my lfm's
    Ministry of Destruction - Hagau, Bibimbap, Gamjatang, Osis, Shuumai, Baau - Thelanis
    http://themod.guildlaunch.com/

This is the reason I go to the ice cream shop alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, although VIP players do get free Gold rolls on Daily Dice, so that might fit into your criteria. But when it comes to chest drops, chain rewards, general Daily Dice rolls (what number you get), etc., VIP does not confer additional "luck".

Quote Originally Posted by DaSawks View Post
    This is the reason I go to the ice cream shop alone.
    share plz. what house?

Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

Thelanis drama really is weak. In my experience a certain guild is never far from what little drama there is though. It might even be the same guild as the one above.

From readingthe conversation I see Freedom. If it is the guy from my guild you should have duped from the start

He is always asking in guild and no one seems to be flagged or not busy for him. And he ends up soloing it a lot. I joined him once on my fvs who was capped at time and he was on a 17 and I felt useless in there other than just healing myself and a dot here and there.
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    share plz. what house?

Ice Cream. Dairy Queen. Demon Queen.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=34
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, although VIP players do get free Gold rolls on Daily Dice, so that might fit into your criteria. But when it comes to chest drops, chain rewards, general Daily Dice rolls (what number you get), etc., VIP does not confer additional "luck".

Quote Originally Posted by bibimbap View Post
    It's karma for scaring people off my lfm's
    says the person that swims/pikes in the lava
    Thelanis:
    Retired Leader of The Ministry of Destruction
    Retired Player of DDO
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffmann View Post
    Let me concede and bow to your far superior social graces.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cryohazard View Post
    says the person that swims/pikes in the lava
    see now no one will join my lfms
    Ministry of Destruction - Hagau, Bibimbap, Gamjatang, Osis, Shuumai, Baau - Thelanis
    http://themod.guildlaunch.com/

Was it the same brave barb that tanked our pillars in titan

OurDDO
    Flower Sniffer Extraordinaire
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by MysticElaine View Post
    Was it the same brave barb that tanked our pillars in titan
    Did he intim them or was he a hate tank?

I have no idea who the DQ barb was, but I can certainly think of one particular candidate who used to be a guildie of mine (neither of us is still in that guild).
    ~* Even's DDO blog | Players Helping Players | OurDDO main site | OurDDO RSS feed *~

Getting lost, lagging behind, and wiping parties since 2010.

Thelanis:
    Evennote
    | Acanthia | Jalliria | Victaurya
    Discordette | Merenwynne | Chalei | Seregeth
    Rivalel | Thangerie | Winnabette | Chartreusia
    Cannith: Tirae

Community Member

Dear Barbarian in DQ #2,

Yes, another one, a different one.

First thing he says over chat is, "Hey you guys have mic?" To which I reply, "I have ears if that's what you mean." He then proceeds to type in party chat, "can you here [sic] [hey, he's a barb] me?" Party reiterates that yes we can. Barb links his GS CHA skills item, proudly proclaiming that he can use Heal scrolls. Well, that's nice, I guess, if you're willing to dismiss rage every time you need a heal...

LFM was of course labelled as "talk twice to reset," and when the party fills I type a reminder in chat. You guessed it...

Well, at least he was self-deprecating about it when he went back to reset, saying how he thought he'd've learned by now, etc. He gets back in, I offer to wait for people who want to grab side chests. Looks like we're gonna get to run a raid!

What is it with barbarians clicking on cleric-led LFMs?

Drama rating 2/10, but only because of the thread context. Would have been 3/10 with MORE CAPITALS AND F-BOMBS AND MISSING APOSTROPHES from our barbarian.

Also been ran a fair bit of Shroud this week.

Dear Thelanis Shrouders,

Shroud is perhaps still the most popular and useful raid today. I ran it lots before the XPac hit, probably near a thousand times.

Tip: Don't say over voice, "Me," in response to "Who wants a shard?" or "Who needs buff X?" The green flash in the party list malfunctions quite a bit, or it's so quick no one has a chance to see who it was, or there is crosstalk. Say your name, or type a response in party chat.

Tip: When I am on an unlocking character, I am more than happy to assist you with your puzzle in part 3. However, "Help" doesn't really tell me much. If you give me a map location I can get to you much faster. If you give me a puzzle type, I even have macros set up to explain how to solve them. I bet you could follow those instructions yourself. Especially if you're TRed!

Subtip: If you say "Help" and I ask "Where?" and you don't respond... I have no words for this. I guess it's better than that time someone answered, "I don't know, look on the map."

I was a participant at an "at-level" 17-20 hard run this week which was advertised for "first-time XP." Given we were flattening these prior to MOTU, I wasn't terribly concerned about completing.

Tip: Don't use Raise Dead (use Res or True Res) in an environment where the raid boss is spamming AOEs. The poor sod will just end up dying again. And again. And again.

Tip: Don't run back in to engage Harry until you've at least gotten a fire res. Make a request in party chat if someone doesn't get you, make sure to have a piece of swappable equipment, or chug a resist 20 pot (available in The Twelve or Eveningstar). Or you'll die. Again, and again, and again.

Tip: "Don't raise him" is not helpful when the party is getting turned into paste and the "him" in question is a (theoretically) high-DPS barb. He should accept the raise and wait for his death penalties to wear off. This is especially true if there are aura-enabled clerics; he can just stand and wait for death effects to wear off at no further cost to the party.

Tip: If the party leader assigns a healing order, or the healing types discuss a healing order, you probably shouldn't be healing over each other.

Tip: If I start throwing Heal scrolls and Resurrection scrolls in a 59-minute run, plus fill time, hard for the XP probably wasn't worth it. This is especially true if I'm throwing said scrolls on my sorc in a party with three healers. Plus a bard. And an arti.

Also saw a no-cap hard Shroud up looking for "healers." I've grouped with the party leader before; he seems like a nice guy. Labels LFMs "all welcome" and such, and I've witnessed him leading virgins through Shroud, giving them pointers on the way. Now, none of my "healers" at this point needs to run Shroud, but his is a philosophy I can support, so I click to join.

It's nice to know that it's not just my LFM instructions that get ignored.

Aggregate Shroud drama this week 1.5/10, but only because, apparently, a cleric with Cold Shield and as many HPs as the melees doesn't count as someone who's able to help surround and immobilise Harry in part 5.

Not to mention that the only reason I didn't lead kill count was because some monk was spamming Everything is Noobing. (Stop lurking, I know you're forum-stalking me. Your Hide will never be high enough to hide the likes of you.) Protek meeee i r hjealer!!!!one!

And yes, healing the rogue who kept failing his disease fort save and was meleeing Harry with 150 HPs was fun. Disease Immunity nerf sucks.

Come on, no one else has drama to share? MUST I READ KHYBER FORUMS.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings