Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default LFM: Abbot, Must not know it

UPDATE November 8: : Saturday, November 10. Around 9 in the evening. GMT -5 (DDO maintenance time)

I am so unimaginative to have a fancy Introduction.

You want to learn Abbot? Sign up.

Rules:
    1. We are not aiming for completion, we are aiming for familiarization.
    2. You must not be a member of a famous guild, ask your guildmates to teach you Abbot.
    3. To create a stress-free, no pressure, or even maybe a fun-atmosphere PUG, just like running a Shroud.
    4. Must be flagged.

Things you might/try to learn:
    1. Leading/Running Goggles without voice.
    2. Ice wanding Hipster Style. Using ice wands before they were cool? Ice wands? Cool? Get it? Ah nevermind.
    3. Asteroids without /sleeping.

Schedule is preferably on a weekend, either morning/evening of GMT -5 or GMT -4 (DDO maintenance time). If there are enough people interested, then we can set up a Date.

So tell your friends.

Edit:
    Names so far:
    1. arjiwan Any time
    2. sandypaws Any time
    3. Myhr (Dheirdre)
    4. Adken (Kyrale)
    5. Raoull
    6. canisll
    7. BlueSilence (Dumspiro) Saturday Night
    Last edited by arjiwan; 11-07-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Community Member

I'm game.
    (Pre-raid is something we do on our own, or?)
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

Community Member

Hmm, I should add the rule, must be flagged I guess.

Community Member

Wasn't sure if it's something that's done before every raid, or on our own. I'll crank it out by this weekend.
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

Community Member

It is not like ADQ where you need to run pre-raid.

Abbot is one time flagging process.

Community Member

I'm quite interested! Character's name is Dheirdre, Paladin.

Thumbs up Goodjob

I admire your willingness to teach others that aren't familiar with the raid. It's uncommon to see end game players with such patience for wipes as it used to be when we all learned how to raid and what not to do in the future. I would like to suggest for anyone interested that you do your homework that way you have a general idea of how this one works and the easiest methods to use. Wish you guys good luck in your run through the halls of acension. +1 Grassmoker i will add this is a step in the right direction and a perfect example of a good reconstructive method to motivate new players and build on server wide population by providing the window of opportunity. Because lets be honest we all had to learn the content once too.
    Last edited by xxHazexx; 10-18-2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Typos because ios keyboard is too damn small...
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

Shadowhaze-Righteouss-Technological Warfare-Lightes.
    Fear is the enemy of logic-Frank Sinatra

I'm interested on it. The ideal time for me would be mornings/afternoons on weekeds, nights not so much.

I have two wizards and a bard ready for it (most likely bringing the bard).

I'll try to contact you this weekend.
    Kaldrick (Wiz PM 20), Aurala (FvS evoker 20), Kyrale (Bard Spellsinger 20) - Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Farayon View Post
    Does anyone else wonder if Turbine are secretly being funded by the government to run psychological tests on us by adding completely absurd, inexplicable changes to the game?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by arjiwan View Post
    I am so unimaginative to have a fancy Introduction.

You want to learn Abbot? Sign up.

Rules:
    1. We are not aiming for completion, we are aiming for familiarization.
    2. You must not be a member of a famous guild, ask your guildmates to teach you Abbot.
    3. To create a stress-free, no pressure, or even maybe a fun-atmosphere PUG, just like running a Shroud.
    4. Must be flagged.
    Rules:

5. Must have the adventure pack.

Which i do not have.

Pyreal af Templar
    Last edited by Barnaky; 10-18-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Hmm... what qualifies as "not know"?

I've been wanting to learn goggles for ages, but I do already know the ice room (ninja or wand method) and roids. I'd be willing to help teach those two if I can learn goggles....
    Cannith Server :Vice Sovereign of The Guild of Calamitous Intent

Kalener (Monk) Renelak (backup band) Raoull (Mr. McStabby) Kaleray (laser heals) Kalrah (xbow rogue)

I'm trying to get my head around how you'd do goggles without using voice. That just sounds like a failure party waiting to happen to me.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Completionist! || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post
    I'm trying to get my head around how you'd do goggles without using voice. That just sounds like a failure party waiting to happen to me.
    Perhaps I'm old fashion (haven't run this raid in a while) but we always did visual syncing with the guy with the goggles, because voice was thought to have too much latency. Does this no longer work?
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus1000 View Post
    Perhaps I'm old fashion (haven't run this raid in a while) but we always did visual syncing with the guy with the goggles, because voice was thought to have too much latency. Does this no longer work?
    In my experience there is a lag between any method of communication from leader to runner. The benefit of having voice is for the unexpected things that happen to be resolved.

For example, if the runner didn't line up perfectly, about mid-way through he/she looks very close to the edge of the tile. Leader needs to tell him/her to quickly recover what was lost.

It's certainly not difficult to run without voice, but just a bit more risky. For the sake of learning, it's quite interesting to lead without voice.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barnaky View Post
    Rules:

5. Must have the adventure pack.

Which i do not have.

Pyreal af Templar
    Necro 4 is an interesting pack IMO. Grab etttt. It is also a good XP run for TRs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raoull View Post
    Hmm... what qualifies as "not know"?

I've been wanting to learn goggles for ages, but I do already know the ice room (ninja or wand method) and roids. I'd be willing to help teach those two if I can learn goggles....
    This qualifies as not know. Goggles is fun to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post
    Tried it many times. There are a lot of good players also who guides without voice. Regarding failure, well, it is ok to fail, as long as you are learning. Like I said in the OP, it is not for completion.

------------------------------------------------------

What I want to get from this exercise is, a lot of people are just waiting for completion. They are just waiting who has the guts to run goggles and take the blame if they fail. If a lot are comfortable in failing and learning and succeeding, there may be a slight increase in PUGS for Abbot.

One good thing for Abbot is, it is ok to fail, you don't need to run to an obnoxious wilderness just to get to the Raid.

I remember everytime there is an Abbot LFM, I need to drag my friend eventhough she hates it. Now she is excited everytime there is an LFM for that.

Learn the raid, have fun, and succeed.

Hello!

I'd also love to join and learn goggles. I can bring either a Wizard or a Favored Soul, as needed.

Community Member

I was not expecting for this to happen.

Sign me in!

Community Member

You don't need voice to lead goggles and honestly it may even be easier if you're skilled to not use voice considering the awful voice lag that sometimes leads to wipes. Lots of people have ways of queuing people when to run and when to stop etc but that varies between players! Also, +2 for encouraging more people to run Abbot.

Community Member

Default Up to help.

Let me start by saying that I am one who is probably one of the worst at only taking experienced ppl for abbot as it can become VERY time consuming with new players. However, having said this, I think it's a great idea and would be willing to help teach if u would like one more experienced player on board. If so, just let me know. If not, good luck to you guys, this is one of my favorite raids and I hope you can learn to enjoy it as well.
    Scarletdalia Windwalker-Air Savant, Syngh Nswing-Ultimate DPS Bard, Kaehlan Amnell-TWF DPS Completionist-in-the-making , Bloodraynne-Human DPS Fvs, Stiel Kaege-WF THF DPS/Tank.
    Leader-Obsidian Dragons, Cannith.

Community Member

Hi guys,

We are not going for completion, we are going to learn goggles! Without voice, with pure awesomeness.

Here are the suggested times, please let me know (the other 6 of you) your availability.

Friday Night, November 2nd, 8pm or 9pm or 10pm or 11pm eastern (gmt -4)
    Saturday Morning, November 3rd, 9am or 10am, or 11am eastern (gmt -4)
    Saturday Night, November 4th, 8pm or 9pm or 10pm or 11pm eastern (gmt -4)

I'll update the OP what is your preferred time. If you are still on with this training run, please be advised that it will take some playing time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast