Thread: Still Tormented

Community Member

Thumbs down Still Tormented

For old time's sake, revisited the abysmal pile that Tomb of the Tormented is in the vain hope of clearing some Silver Flame rep.

Big surprise, this quest has the newly added feature of bugging out completely with your starving vermin stuck in an infinite standoff with a carcas eater, neither backing off, moving, or attacking. Can't intervene, can't pull them apart dumping more zombie vittles all about, can't...well, you get the idea; They just sit there.

Tried a GM/Help ticket (hahahah - I know, right?), but decided to drop a cranky-gram here in case someone at the office there actually wanted to attempt a fix (or maybe finally be convinced to just shoot the quest and take us out the misery it provides). The quest has just always been the worst executed attempt at a different mechanic, but buggy now, too? Lol. Just so bad.

I run through this on each of my TR, and what I usually do is to first kill off the other mobs before playing with the rats. This helps the quest from bugging out.

Blade barriers no longer works, but there are a few others (look at the wiki for tips). I usually summon a devil and use a wand of blasting.
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

YOU HAVE BEEN TORMENTED!

This quest is very frustrating on a good day. Just like herpies. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, although VIP players do get free Gold rolls on Daily Dice, so that might fit into your criteria. But when it comes to chest drops, chain rewards, general Daily Dice rolls (what number you get), etc., VIP does not confer additional "luck".

I must be a real sucker. I've amassed 3 X 400 SF favour on each of my barb lives, and it gets less enjoyable each time. Even with Epic destinies the quests are largely annoying, time consuming and highly frustrating. The good thing this time round is the extra SF quests in the Lord of dusts chain and being able to do Demons den on something other than Normal. Horses for courses though, some folks love them.

Yeah I am not overfond of this quest either - it's not horrible to me but not tonnes of fun.....but as helpers:

Devil summons can port below and attack the bad rats
    Earth Ellies can grab through the floor
    PM aura still works through the floor (last I checked anyway).

The only maze that is toughish is the last one where you may have to go through 2 rats if you can't get your summons/aura/blasts to get the bad rats in the maze. That and the minor amount of timing required to get past the blade traps.....oh and a trapper is a pretty much a must.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Community Member

This particular bug has been showing up every now and then since the physics engine changes in u13.2, along with being able to get rats perma stuck in 'doors' (so yes, it's been there before u14 ). At the very least you have a chance of recovering from this one if you can kill the carasass eater.

It probably won't make the quest more fun for you, but here are a few points that help me run the quest and reduce the level of torment (pun intended):

-) Only let your rats fight the wolves, Carcass Eaters are very tough and should be taken care of differently,
    namely:
    -) Carcass Eaters also like Zombie Meat and can be lured wherever you want them with it (it works the same as
    with your rats).
    Rotating Spike Traps and Pressure Plates for instance. Use them to open/close doors it will save you a lot of time.

I usually find some players during my TRs that will help me run the quest and will do the following:

-) Clear Sarcophagi and kill Wights/Skeletons
    -) Whoever isn't solving pulls the Zombies away and keeps them floored. If you solo a hireling and a summon
    can do that for you (I swear healer hirelings have some kind of built in aggro magnet). Since Earthgrab works
    inside the maze I usually don't use Earth Elementals, since they lock the Carcass Eaters down and I like to
    use meat to move them around as mentioned above.
    -) If you are solving kill the Worgs and move the Carcass Eaters out of the way first.
    -) The 3rd puzzle with the moving Blade Trap has 2 safe spots for you rat to use. Always let your rat follow the
    blades and you should have no problems

This list lets me complete in about half an hour in a group. Still not very quick but usually without a hassle
    meaning the quest dropped off my most-hated quest list now =) Besides I've seen it bug a lot less...

Community Member

Since it was mentioned that carcass eaters like the rotting meat as well. Why not get them to cross the blade traps to hit the tredles. Makes it a lot faster and a lot safer for your rat.