Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default Update 16: Leveling Event #2 - Quests!

Hello! It's about time for another Lamannia Event! For this event, I would like everyone to play through the new U16 Quests in the High Road Adventure Area. We would greatly appreciate your feedback on this new content!

Of course you need things to run these quests, so I will be waiting for you in Eveningstar (perhaps with a few others) on the following days and times to distribute Heroic/Epic Experience, Plat, and to fill the Auction House with loot! Additionally, there will be a Door to Eveningstar placed in the Harbor near the Founder's Fountain to assist your arrival.

Friday, October 19th from 7pm to 9pm

Saturday, October 20th from 9am to 11am

All times are Eastern (GMT-4)

Smiles!

Default No thank you

Since you have not wiped the characters on lam, no one I have there can get to Eveningstar. I refused to spend hours running 4 different quests just to be eligible to do so. Thank you for the invite but I decline to RSVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Thank you for the invite but I decline to RSVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Hello! It's about time for another Lamannia Event! For this event, I would like everyone to play through the new U16 Quests in the High Road Adventure Area. We would greatly appreciate your feedback on this new content!

Of course you need things to run these quests, so I will be waiting for you in Eveningstar (perhaps with a few others) on the following days and times to distribute Heroic/Epic Experience, Plat, and to fill the Auction House with loot! Additionally, there will be a Door to Eveningstar placed in the Harbor near the Founder's Fountain to assist your arrival.

Friday, October 19th from 7pm to 9pm

Saturday, October 20th from 9am to 11am

All times are Eastern (GMT-4)

Smiles!
    Reading is essential to participating in a forum.
    Last edited by Systern; 10-16-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Cool

Thank you squeakofdoom!!! I need another event or 2 haa... you guys complaining about the character wipe that's not gonna happen anytime soon.... NEVA!!!
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    The point still stands though. The last character wipe I heard of was back when U14 was still on lamma, it stands to reason that a large portion of the player base has made a fair amount of progress since then. Why would we want to take characters that are 6 months out of date to test new content with? That is the single reason why I do not currently have lammania installed, and I won't have it installed until they actually do a character wipe so I can get my updated characters over there.

Folks, while I agree a wipe would lead to better feedback, particularly on the harder difficulties, epic casual was completely unthreatening to my not massively geared fvs, and the High Road is fine also. So it is worth giving feedback even if you dont have a toon all destinied up.
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    The point still stands though. The last character wipe I heard of was back when U14 was still on lamma, it stands to reason that a large portion of the player base has made a fair amount of progress since then. Why would we want to take characters that are 6 months out of date to test new content with? That is the single reason why I do not currently have lammania installed, and I won't have it installed until they actually do a character wipe so I can get my updated characters over there.
    Testing on Lammania is about testing the new content. It's not about playing with the new toys on your toons, so I fail to see why you need that exact version of your toon to run the quests.
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    D'oh. I very much agree and regret my snark. I will however leave it up so others can laugh at me. Maybe it will remind me to read before I gab

Quote Originally Posted by Buttkierownsmade View Post
    Thank you squeakofdoom!!! I need another event or 2 haa... you guys complaining about the character wipe that's not gonna happen anytime soon.... NEVA!!!
    It makes no sense for to keep going without a wipe. Most folks prefer to test new stuff on current characters. Not pale copies of what they once were. Dev events get lots of folks attention simply because of the fun stuff devs do. But how many bother to show between events?

I know I spend very little time testing on Lam these days because I'm not going to grind all the gear I have now on test characters. I suspect I am far from the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttkierownsmade View Post
    ... you guys complaining about the character wipe that's not gonna happen anytime soon.... NEVA!!!
    Sure it will - right after I go back over there again and get another character actually XP'd and Geared.
    So while I stay away, your characters are safe.

...You're welcome.

Smiles!

I tried hearing that in Rourke's 'Fantasy Island' intro speech voice - but it keeps coming across all squeaky-sounding.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 10-16-2012 at 05:21 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Fefnir_2011 View Post
    Testing on Lammania is about testing the new content. It's not about playing with the new toys on your toons, so I fail to see why you need that exact version of your toon to run the quests.
    Testing the new content? Probably not. The new ED? I absolutely do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fefnir_2011 View Post
    So that you can give honest feedback on difficulty having run quests on a toon you know how to play well.

I know I'd overestimate quest difficulty if I was playing it on a toon I hadn't played in six months.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    So that you can give honest feedback on difficulty having run quests on a toon you know how to play well.
    I highly doubt turbine cares one bit about feedback anymore. besides, lamma isnt a test server, live is.

bug reporting tool - broken since inception. lamma character copy - broken for so long most forgot when it worked. exit survey - broken.

~shrugs~

Quote Originally Posted by mystafyi View Post
    I highly doubt turbine cares one bit about feedback anymore. besides, lamma isnt a test server, live is.

bug reporting tool - broken since inception. lamma character copy - broken for so long most forgot when it worked. exit survey - broken.

~shrugs~
    Sounds like everything is broken, except exaggerations.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTheHoon View Post
    Sounds like everything is broken, except exaggerations.
    sadly, I exagerated nothing. the 3 things I listed are and have been broken. the fact that they have to do with gathering feedback is just the icing on the cake.

Community Member lucreciacrescent's Avatar

how about those who can't enter evening star due to low level? w/o a key to evening star

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lucreciacrescent View Post
    how about those who can't enter evening star due to low level? w/o a key to evening star
    Well... I guess it bears repeating, again and again:

Additionally, there will be a Door to Eveningstar placed in the Harbor near the Founder's Fountain to assist your arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Red face

Hey! thanks that's nice of you after all that work I put into my toons I hear they are safe
    Last edited by Buttkierownsmade; 10-17-2012 at 08:49 AM.
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Unhappy

I have to agree that a wipe is long overdue. Several of us from Khyber have chosen to skip all events/testing on the server until a wipe is done. Granted we number only about 20, but perhaps a dev will read this and choose to listen anyway.

Community Member stoopid_cowboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMonk View Post
    I have to agree that a wipe is long overdue. Several of us from Khyber have chosen to skip all events/testing on the server until a wipe is done. Granted we number only about 20, but perhaps a dev will read this and choose to listen anyway.
    I couldn't agree more....

Why would I want to go test quests on a character(s) that I have not played in MONTHS? Not to mention MONTHS worth of work to level ED's and gather gear.

Dev's. thank you for the invite, but no thanks...

If you want open honest feedback, allow us players the tools to do that.

yuda
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I guess pants can be optional

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast