Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mystafyi View Post
    Dont be so naive to think any new hires are for ddo.
    Except, you know, the Dev that started this thread....
    Epic Destiny Planner - http://ddodestiny.info
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

Unhappy

myst has a point. Look at the dev tracker for Lama. No posts since the 18 by any dev, and Squeak has only made announcments not commented on any thead. Please bring back Kookie, at least he paid attention.

Just checked the live Dev Tracker. No post of substance since the 15th. So muhc for your extra team members.
    Last edited by AlexMonk; 10-22-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMonk View Post
    myst has a point. Look at the dev tracker for Lama. No posts since the 18 by any dev, and Squeak has only made announcments not commented on any thead. Please bring back Kookie, at least he paid attention.

Just checked the live Dev Tracker. No post of substance since the 15th. So muhc for your extra team members.
    They aren't required to post anything. The "silence" to me means everyone is "heads down" and working towards some probably nasty deadlines.
    Epic Destiny Planner - http://ddodestiny.info
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

As I acclimate to my position as Lamannia Coordinator, I have been spending much of my time investigating issues posted in the forums. However, I will do my best to better communicate my findings. After all, you should know that the problems are being dealt with!

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    As I acclimate to my position as Lamannia Coordinator, I have been spending much of my time investigating issues posted in the forums. However, I will do my best to better communicate my findings. After all, you should know that the problems are being dealt with!
    Kinda derailing the thread, but since you're reading this... I'm really willing to help testing stuff on lamannia but currently I don't because (note I give some suggestions at the end) :
    • It is hard to have a correct character on the server, character copy works poorly, leveling events are not at adequate hours for european players, and anyway loot is not readily accessible so even if I can access a leveling event I'll have poor gear. Why not add a level 25 veteran system for lamannia ? The tech seems to be in place, and it would work fine without having to rework the character copy tool. I'm sure players would be willing to help you create gearsets for every class.
    • The content tends to be very buggy, and quests are often not completable. The whole goal of lamannia being to find bugs, that's supposed to be ok, but it's still frustrating to be stucked on a quest. The best way for this would be to quickly communicate on known blocking bugs, and workaround if possible.
    • There is strictly no incentive to run lamannia . I don't ask big rewards, but even things such as forum titles, exclusive cosmetic items, guaranteed small amount of DDO point, early pre access (2 or 3 hours before others on live) would be nice to have.

Community Member lucreciacrescent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nivarch View Post
    Kinda derailing the thread, but since you're reading this... I'm really willing to help testing stuff on lamannia but currently I don't because (note I give some suggestions at the end) :
    • It is hard to have a correct character on the server, character copy works poorly, leveling events are not at adequate hours for european players, and anyway loot is not readily accessible so even if I can access a leveling event I'll have poor gear. Why not add a level 25 veteran system for lamannia ? The tech seems to be in place, and it would work fine without having to rework the character copy tool. I'm sure players would be willing to help you create gearsets for every class.
    • The content tends to be very buggy, and quests are often not completable. The whole goal of lamannia being to find bugs, that's supposed to be ok, but it's still frustrating to be stucked on a quest. The best way for this would be to quickly communicate on known blocking bugs, and workaround if possible.
    • There is strictly no incentive to run lamannia . I don't ask big rewards, but even things such as forum titles, exclusive cosmetic items, guaranteed small amount of DDO point, early pre access (2 or 3 hours before others on live) would be nice to have.
    yep, true. having an ungeared level 25 toon is pretty much useless, a lot of quests have tons of bugs, and yeah, very little incentive is given to players who wish to test servers for you guys.

It is hard to have a correct character on the server, character copy works poorly, leveling events are not at adequate hours for european players, and anyway loot is not readily accessible so even if I can access a leveling event I'll have poor gear. Why not add a level 25 veteran system for lamannia ? The tech seems to be in place, and it would work fine without having to rework the character copy tool. I'm sure players would be willing to help you create gearsets for every class.

I actually really like this idea and I believe it's very possible to do. I had suggested (and I'm certain it has been suggested before) that there should be an experience giver similar to the TP giver, but a level 25 veteran status-like deal seems like a much better idea. And yes, there's definitely people out there willing to help with given level 25 characters good gearsets.
    Vailun, Level 6 Paladin/6 Ranger/2 Monk (Gimped/Semi-retired) || Syrtho, Level 16 Pale Master || Vologrith, Level 17 Monk || Vistentelas, Level 11 Favored Soul || Veryon, Level 5 Artificer || Katakira, Level 2 Monk/1 Fighter/1 Wizard |

You still haven’t chosen your “SOON™” variant. The playerbase needs this important term to describe “Stuff that is on the Lammania server.”

1. SoDoon™
    2. SOONofDoom™
    3. SqueakofSOON™
    4. SonofTHOON™
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Red face I didn't do it, noboby saw me, you can't prove nothin.

Squeak I appologize. I was responding to a snarky post made to another perosn. It was not my intent to insult you or imply you were not doing your job. I have been a loyal VIP player for many years, and have been (mostly) very happy with the devs work. Again I'm very sorry. Welcome to DDO.

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Red face ...Responding to your thread reply title

Squeak I appologize. I was responding to a snarky post made to another perosn. It was not my intent to insult you or imply you were not doing your job. I have been a loyal VIP player for many years, and have been (mostly) very happy with the devs work. Again I'm very sorry. Welcome to DDO.
    You are Anouncing that you didn't do something makes people look at you, and you look all suspicious...
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

I was just wondering what happened to Epps the kobald did you give up on him ? He was a great idea and I dont understand why you didnt finish his development. Seems like you would get alot more people trying the new content if they could lvl up a toon on there own time schedule. Also would be nice if you kept the AH stocked with decent gear. Or at least make the drop rate for epic gear 100%.

I agree completely. I have Llamania installed on my computer but I find it's just collecting dust as there's no point to getting on it. The adventure area that i really wanted to check out is 23+, however my character on lamannia is only level 20. I have a level 23 on live that I want to port over to try out some of the new stuff and help with bugs (since I'm pretty active on the bug reporting tool) but since I can't copy it over, and I am never around when the XP events are going on, there's no point.

I think it's time, especially after 2 high level updates, to wipe the servers and allow players to re-copy characters.. I don't rant much, but seriously - how do you expect things to be tested adequately when players are forced to play their "gimped" toons (for lack of a better term).
    Sylvursoul - Half-Elven Favored Soul of the 22nd Circle
    Gharris Sylvurwolf - Half-Elven Druid of the 20th Season
    Sylvurbeard - Scruffy-looking Dwarven Fighter of 21 Seasons

Talking Lamannia Changes

I agree that certain processes on Lamannia need to change. I definitely appreciate your suggestions, and I will take them into consideration. However, (start speech regarding changes) changes will not happen overnight, so I ask for your patience. We have to first consider consequences for any changes that we make. Unfortunately, deviating too much from the experience on Live creates a discrepancy that could lead to bugs not being found. (end speech)

As for general Lamannia maintenance: I will do my best to keep the AH stocked, and I’ll tell you about known bugs and workarouds.

And AlexMonk, if I couldn’t handle snarky comments, they wouldn’t have given me this responsibility!

Also, I rather like SonofTHOON™

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Cool

Squeakofdoom I have a suggestion for lvling here... you all should Scale the dungeons XP to like 10 ,000% so we can atleast quest our way up to 25 in under a day... not even need the xp bot either...
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Talking

if a wipe is needed I will start again this is still a game and to find bugs is fun

Community Member

Default AH seems full of high level gear...

I'm not sure I understand some of the complaints about gear I've read here...I checked out the AH after the last leveling event and its packed with level 25 gear. Is the problem that they don't have any gear for lower level characters? That did seem to be the case. I could not find anything for level 20 characters.

Community Member lucreciacrescent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mage4Ronnie View Post
    I'm not sure I understand some of the complaints about gear I've read here...I checked out the AH after the last leveling event and its packed with level 25 gear. Is the problem that they don't have any gear for lower level characters? That did seem to be the case. I could not find anything for level 20 characters.
    well along with the devs putting random loots in the AH, there comes an xp event for players to benefit from

Quote Originally Posted by Mage4Ronnie View Post
    Sorry but some of us cant be on at the times they have lvling events and if you check the AH the day after it is empty

Edit: When is next leveling event planned ?
    Last edited by 49dae13; 10-24-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Default Next Event

The Next Event will probably be next week (I'll keep you updated). I understand many people will want to participate in Mabar, so I don't want to interfere with that.

As for loot in the AH. I will be filling the AH tonight. I'll make this batch lvl 20

The Next Event will probably be next week (I'll keep you updated). I understand many people will want to participate in Mabar, so I don't want to interfere with that.

As for loot in the AH. I will be filling the AH tonight. I'll make this batch lvl 20
    Don't worry, I doubt you'll interfere with our participation in mediocrity with a choice to participate in more mediocrity.

That might've been harsh - but no character wipe coupled with 4 mostly lackluster items to entice us into an event doesn't create a very competitive environment.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast