myst has a point. Look at the dev tracker for Lama. No posts since the 18 by any dev, and Squeak has only made announcments not commented on any thead. Please bring back Kookie, at least he paid attention.
Just checked the live Dev Tracker. No post of substance since the 15th. So muhc for your extra team members.
Last edited by AlexMonk; 10-22-2012 at 10:54 AM.
- It is hard to have a correct character on the server, character copy works poorly, leveling events are not at adequate hours for european players, and anyway loot is not readily accessible so even if I can access a leveling event I'll have poor gear. Why not add a level 25 veteran system for lamannia ? The tech seems to be in place, and it would work fine without having to rework the character copy tool. I'm sure players would be willing to help you create gearsets for every class.
- The content tends to be very buggy, and quests are often not completable. The whole goal of lamannia being to find bugs, that's supposed to be ok, but it's still frustrating to be stucked on a quest. The best way for this would be to quickly communicate on known blocking bugs, and workaround if possible.
- There is strictly no incentive to run lamannia . I don't ask big rewards, but even things such as forum titles, exclusive cosmetic items, guaranteed small amount of DDO point, early pre access (2 or 3 hours before others on live) would be nice to have.
I actually really like this idea and I believe it's very possible to do. I had suggested (and I'm certain it has been suggested before) that there should be an experience giver similar to the TP giver, but a level 25 veteran status-like deal seems like a much better idea. And yes, there's definitely people out there willing to help with given level 25 characters good gearsets.
Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
- Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
- Cannith Crafting.
- Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
- Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
- Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.
Squeak I appologize. I was responding to a snarky post made to another perosn. It was not my intent to insult you or imply you were not doing your job. I have been a loyal VIP player for many years, and have been (mostly) very happy with the devs work. Again I'm very sorry. Welcome to DDO.
I was just wondering what happened to Epps the kobald did you give up on him ? He was a great idea and I dont understand why you didnt finish his development. Seems like you would get alot more people trying the new content if they could lvl up a toon on there own time schedule. Also would be nice if you kept the AH stocked with decent gear. Or at least make the drop rate for epic gear 100%.
I think it's time, especially after 2 high level updates, to wipe the servers and allow players to re-copy characters.. I don't rant much, but seriously - how do you expect things to be tested adequately when players are forced to play their "gimped" toons (for lack of a better term).
Sylvursoul - Half-Elven Favored Soul of the 22nd Circle
Gharris Sylvurwolf - Half-Elven Druid of the 20th Season
Sylvurbeard - Scruffy-looking Dwarven Fighter of 21 Seasons
I agree that certain processes on Lamannia need to change. I definitely appreciate your suggestions, and I will take them into consideration. However, (start speech regarding changes) changes will not happen overnight, so I ask for your patience. We have to first consider consequences for any changes that we make. Unfortunately, deviating too much from the experience on Live creates a discrepancy that could lead to bugs not being found. (end speech)
As for general Lamannia maintenance: I will do my best to keep the AH stocked, and I’ll tell you about known bugs and workarouds.
And AlexMonk, if I couldn’t handle snarky comments, they wouldn’t have given me this responsibility!
Also, I rather like SonofTHOON™
Squeakofdoom I have a suggestion for lvling here... you all should Scale the dungeons XP to like 10 ,000% so we can atleast quest our way up to 25 in under a day... not even need the xp bot either...
"Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."
if a wipe is needed I will start again this is still a game and to find bugs is fun
I'm not sure I understand some of the complaints about gear I've read here...I checked out the AH after the last leveling event and its packed with level 25 gear. Is the problem that they don't have any gear for lower level characters? That did seem to be the case. I could not find anything for level 20 characters.
The Next Event will probably be next week (I'll keep you updated). I understand many people will want to participate in Mabar, so I don't want to interfere with that.
As for loot in the AH. I will be filling the AH tonight. I'll make this batch lvl 20
That might've been harsh - but no character wipe coupled with 4 mostly lackluster items to entice us into an event doesn't create a very competitive environment.
This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.Reload