Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

In my opinion testing is about helping improve the game and about a cooperative attitude towards that goal. I'm sure the development team has more important things to do than spend their time dealing with unnecessary drama about this.

I'd much rather see a mechanism to allow transfers from live via overwrite or some other mechanism than have a wipe. I really don't want to go through yet another XP event and regearing, etc.

More important than my own petty little desires, its essential to test all aspects of the leveling/building experience as it exercises very important parts of the game - enhancements, lowbie quests, new items, etc..etc.. Without such testing, DDO would be in very big trouble.

Say, can those who want to transfer their toons from live but already have them here on Lamma buy a rename token in the Lamma store and rename, then copy their toon over from live?

Remember, a character copy that claims to fail may not have failed. Be sure to check.

Community Member

i can't participate due to the fact the lamannia ddo store comes up as a black screen and thus i can't buy the new pack.
    Server: Sarlona. Characters: Rackoribs Barbequed, Brautwurst Flamegrilled, Porkloin Flameseared

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    In my opinion testing is about helping improve the game and about a cooperative attitude towards that goal. I'm sure the development team has more important things to do than spend their time dealing with unnecessary drama about this.

I'd much rather see a mechanism to allow transfers from live via overwrite or some other mechanism than have a wipe. I really don't want to go through yet another XP event and regearing, etc.

More important than my own petty little desires, its essential to test all aspects of the leveling/building experience as it exercises very important parts of the game - enhancements, lowbie quests, new items, etc..etc.. Without such testing, DDO would be in very big trouble.

Say, can those who want to transfer their toons from live but already have them here on Lamma buy a rename token in the Lamma store and rename, then copy their toon over from live?

Remember, a character copy that claims to fail may not have failed. Be sure to check.
    The devs have stated before that the only way to allow people to retransfer a character over is to whipe the entire Lam server. Apparently it is not possible to implement a 'retry' mechanism for failed character copies.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    Unfortunately, the only way to allow individuals to reattempt a failed character transfer would be to wipe the entire server clean.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

Is the transfer failing because a character of the same name already exists on Lamma?

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Wink

thank you devs for not wipping the server...
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

The other obvious reason for a wipe is that xp/loot events are a brutally narrow window that not everyone can make. Its ludicrous to only grace XP to those few that can by chance happen to be ingame at the same time as the devs. Why limit us this way? Either do a wipe, or give all comers regardless of preferred play time the same XP. Put an XP fountain next to the quest givers or something. Oh yeah, and maybe fix the ingame bug reporting tool?

edit: actually, here's a thought I'm sure has been mentioned before: Fix it so character wipe is optional, up to the player. I can go to the character copy page and pick which lamma toon I'd like to wipe, then when he's wiped I can copy my current character. Can't be much different code-wise than the existing World Character Transfer...
    Last edited by BOgre; 10-19-2012 at 02:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Well Im sorry but offering a heroic 25% xp boost on live at the same time as this event is more important to me for mt TR's so I regret I will not be attending

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    The other obvious reason for a wipe is that xp/loot events are a brutally narrow window that not everyone can make. Its ludicrous to only grace XP to those few that can by chance happen to be ingame at the same time as the devs. Why limit us this way? Either do a wipe, or give all comers regardless of preferred play time the same XP. Put an XP fountain next to the quest givers or something. Oh yeah, and maybe fix the ingame bug reporting tool?

edit: actually, here's a thought I'm sure has been mentioned before: Fix it so character wipe is optional, up to the player. I can go to the character copy page and pick which lamma toon I'd like to wipe, then when he's wiped I can copy my current character. Can't be much different code-wise than the existing World Character Transfer...
    I would love to see either of these options go into place so I could play on one of my fully geared characters from live or be able to multi-tr a new lama character before the lama dev events.

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

I would love an xp fountain, and a loot fountain. The last time I was in game the same time as te devs I was in the middle of playtesting. i would love the option to pick up xp in the same way as tp, seriously.
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

Community Member

Well I tried to join both days, but it stays with the connecting blinking and that is it. Getting tired of uninstalling and re-installing to even attempt to connect to the server anytime I want to actually test the new content out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mubjon View Post
    Well I tried to join both days, but it stays with the connecting blinking and that is it. Getting tired of uninstalling and re-installing to even attempt to connect to the server anytime I want to actually test the new content out.
    I had same problem, but I found that If u run Live client, let game connect but dont type in password and just close launcher u should be able to connect in lamannia client. At least that solution works for me.
    >>Officer of the DDOpl Guild<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness 21th: 10drd/6rgr/4ftr - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 3rd life 16wiz/2mnk/2fvs .......Seljuck 4th life barb
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seljuck View Post
    I had same problem, but I found that If u run Live client, let game connect but dont type in password and just close launcher u should be able to connect in lamannia client. At least that solution works for me.
    Thanks, still a lot to go through just to be able to test.

Community Member

Try this: next time you try to connect on Lamma and it doesn't connect within a few seconds (I'd allow 10 to be fair), just close the client and reopen and try again. It almost always works for me on the second time..I think one time it took 3...

But it's fast enough to only be a minor annoyance...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fefnir_2011 View Post
    Testing on Lammania is about testing the new content. It's not about playing with the new toys on your toons, so I fail to see why you need that exact version of your toon to run the quests.
    I don't know about you, but if I am going to test new content, I would like to test it on relevant characters that have actually experienced the game, and the changes that have been made, over the last six months. My last transfer of characters was during the closed beta, or shortly after the open beta, it has been so long I don't even remember exactly when it was. Which means that I don't know the state of my characters, nor do I know the state of their gear. I can, however, say that they are not geared at all for level 23+ content, as 23+ content didn't exist the last time I transferred them over. They also don't have any progress into any epic destinies. This all together means that my feedback, if provided, would be inaccurate and largely useless. Thus, I will not be even attempting to log into lamma until a server wipe occurs, so that I would then be able to provide relevant, accurate, and useful feedback on the new content.

Despite what you might read on the forums, you can play the game on a less than optimized-down-to-the-atomic-level character. Player skill > build > gear. I can tell you this is true because even on a naked level 16 Lords of Dust was too easy on Lam. Likewise, Servants of the Overlord was a decent step up and challenging for the unprepared, while Spinner of Shadows fell somewhere in between. You don't need anything other than a toon to play that's of a class you're familiar with to test content.

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    I don't know about you, but if I am going to test new content, I would like to test it on relevant characters that have actually experienced the game, and the changes that have been made, over the last six months. My last transfer of characters was during the closed beta, or shortly after the open beta, it has been so long I don't even remember exactly when it was. Which means that I don't know the state of my characters, nor do I know the state of their gear. I can, however, say that they are not geared at all for level 23+ content, as 23+ content didn't exist the last time I transferred them over. They also don't have any progress into any epic destinies. This all together means that my feedback, if provided, would be inaccurate and largely useless. Thus, I will not be even attempting to log into lamma until a server wipe occurs, so that I would then be able to provide relevant, accurate, and useful feedback on the new content.
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    This all together means that my feedback, if provided, would be inaccurate and largely useless. Thus, I will not be even attempting to log into lamma until a server wipe occurs, so that I would then be able to provide relevant, accurate, and useful feedback on the new content.

you mistakenly are thinking they want your feedback... they only want ooh's amd aah's from casual players now.

Quote Originally Posted by mystafyi View Post
    you mistakenly are thinking they want your feedback... they only want ooh's amd aah's from casual players now.
    Empirical evidence (the fact that you can still post) suggests otherwise...
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by oberon131313 View Post
    Empirical evidence (the fact that you can still post) suggests otherwise...
    yanno, Yesterday I was wondering how the heck I havent been banned yet. But being able to post has nothing to do with bug reporting, testing and anything to do with turbine putting out bad quality.

I think they just dont care about ddo anymore. milk till the cow dies and move to new projects.

fact that they've expanded leadership team says different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    fact that they've expanded leadership team says different.
    turbine has 3 games running atm: ac, lotro and ddo. in addition, they are working on new project/s. Dont be so naive to think any new hires are for ddo.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast