Default Leather, Mithril, Hide Armor

Anyone hear any word if these are in the pipeline for upcoming updates?

I've rolled a druid on live and am having fun, but the medium armor proficiency with all metal lootgen medium armors is a bit frustrating. I've gotten a BtA Hide Armor to craft wtth, from Sharn syndicate that gives me the choice of either more PRR on the hide armor, or more AC from Skirmish Leather.

I have characters that still have Calvary Plate, and it's also a little disappointing that the mighty has fallen so far. I hope Mithral gets updated. Possibly recoding the effect to give a bonus to PRR as it makes armors one class lighter.

I know everything's mutable on an MMO, and there's not enough time to do everything, just wondering if anyone's heard where this is in the priority list...
    Last edited by Systern; 10-16-2012 at 02:18 PM.

It will be here… Feather_of_SOON™
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Adjusting Challenge XP so that they're worth running more than once.

I've read some people asking about it, but they didn't have any answer.

Started a thread in General yesterday(http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=395262), but got the the same result. I think we're stuck with Soon™ atm

Occurs to me that we aren't finding mithril in chests because they are so good that their former owners are not dying in the dungeons :P

Well, really hoping we get something good out of witholding the metals and hides.
    If the issue was mithral getting PRR as light armor maybe slap in a bonus to get it even?
    Make it bigger for addy and let it roll. Need not make things too complex isn't it.
    Except for hide armor, since the bonus grows with the number of hairs in the fur...

They intentionally removed several armor types to simplify the system, and I dont think they are going back on that.

And yea it is weird to have med armor prof, but not be able to use med without breaking your oath.. But the solution to that is easy: just add some good named med armor, that isnt metal. (And they have already done that last update, and with one of the best armors in the game too)

It's not like Druids are getting ignored in any of the updates lately. I mean they did make that new khopesh obviously with druids in mind.

They should of made the shadowmail non metal too for druids tho. But oh well, the U15 druid armor is extremely good and would generally be preferable either way (Leaves of the forest).

So yea id recommend going for that.. The EN/EH versions are easy to get, the EE version is tough to get, but at least unbound, so save up a buy a set.

Mithral I personal like that its gone from loot gen. It was far too powerful and essentially negated heavy armor proficencies purpose. All the strongest defensive armor in the game was medium, because of mithral.. Really didnt make much sense to me that heavy armor prof had zero purpose. Now with heavy being properly heavy and having that big defensive advantage, it gives real purpose to playing a heavy armor class, or at least splashing it for hte feat (something i did on my bbn, and find it very useful).

Also not sure why you want it for a druid.. Mithral is metal, breaks your oath yea?

And yea there is a mithral armor in U16 too.. A bugged one missing its enchantment (whisperchain), but its there at least, so they havent forgotten about it for named items.

Also interesting that the highest AC armor in the game remains mithral too.

I actually found a Mithral Full Plate of Haste (lvl 4 or 6 ML, dont quite remember) yesterday. First one I've found in months.
    Member and owner of "The Mad Midgets" of Khyber.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    They intentionally removed several armor types to simplify the system, and I dont think they are going back on that.
    That's fine by itself but the odd bit is in missing the druid's medium armor just before the release of druid.
    Should at least bring back darkleaf, since that's a material and not an type of armor.

Simplification isn't evil, but you can have too much of it.
    It's easy to think of less armor types, but can't quite conceive there's no non-metal armor available.
    There should be at least one of each metal and non-metal, per tier, including heavy.

For the record D&DNext aka 5th ed is also getting simplified armor choices.
    Those that dislike it are on time to sign in there for the surveys and voice against, drop in the bucket or not.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedBob View Post
    I actually found a Mithral Full Plate of Haste (lvl 4 or 6 ML, dont quite remember) yesterday. First one I've found in months.
    that counts as a named item. Mithril Full Plate of Speed.

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Quote Originally Posted by donfilibuster View Post
    occurs to me that we aren't finding mithril in chests because they are so good that their former owners are not dying in the dungeons ...
    +1 lol

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    that counts as a named item. Mithril Full Plate of Speed.
    Haha, well that would explain it I guess. Never found that one before :-)
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

I still wish at least hide, mithral and darkleaf would come back They all had their purposes, especially now that druids want hide and darkleaf armor. Mithral isn't really that strong. They only get 2 more to MDB, -10 ASF (as if anyone'd befenit those) and a lower tier. Heck, you could reduce the Mithral armor's base AC by 1 if it's really that important. The AC doesn't matter if it's 2 less and all...
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

I agree that these armortypes should make a return. Druids are hurting a bit for not having any decent medium armor except dragon scales.

Breastplate of flesh gives really good AC
    Dragontouched armor is also non metalic
    Formerly Rathic of harvestgain

I had a mithril loot gen full plate in my reward list for the Sentinels chain just the other day. I can't say for sure if it was a third run list or not, but I'm assuming it wouldn't matter. It was BtA as well which is nice. I'll be passing that around to alts and crafting it up for some time to come. I can't say for sure if other old armors or armor types could appear on that list, but I know that Sentinels was known back in the day for being a decent place for farming BtA metal type armor.

Were Mithral Full Plates and Elven Chainmail removed from the loot tables?

A few more non-metal heavy armours would be nice too, my fighter-splashed druid likes his black dragonplate but will be wanting something better as he gets into epic levels.. and red/green dragonplate is somewhat beyond my means.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.