Thread: DDO tournament

Default DDO tournament

More details below

DDO TOURNAMENT

This tournament has 4 divisions, melee, arcane, ranged and mixed combat. You can apply to any division you fit in, this also means that if you are a ranger that uses a bow and a sword you could potentially participate in two divisions.

If you wish to participate you have a two week time window to apply for the tournament. (27th of Oktober) After that the fight roster will be published. You will have to find your oponent and a judge online within considerable time, easiest way would be adding the person as a friend or send a mail.

Please fill in the following when applying:
    Character name:
    Division:
    Class:
    Current Level:
    Timezone/Time of playing:

I'm asking for timezone so I can account for it in the fight roster. People that can judge your fight: Aidanryu, Dustshadow, Katsapliakos, Shadrock.

General information
    Where to fight? - please use an arena to fight, you can access these in any tavern with a pvp area. Pick a deathmatch map, the stash or devil pit.
    When did I win? - You won if you have the most kills in the end.
    What can I win? - Each winner of a division wins 100k platinum, if you beat the other division winners you earn an additional 250k platinum.
    How do judges see that I've won? - you add them to your party so they can enter the instance on either team, they won't interfere in combat.

Divisions -
    Melee, you only use close combat weapons. Selfbuffs are allowed, potions and healing abilities (not spells) are allowed. offensive or healing magic is not allowed, ranged attacks are not allowed.

Ranged, you only use ranged attack weapons. Selfbuffs are allowed, potions and healing abilities (not spells) are allowed. offensive or healing magic is not allowed, melee attacks are not allowed.

Arcane, you only use magic attacks. Selfbuffs are allowed, potions and healing abilities are allowed. Any offensive or healing magic is also allowed. You cannot use a ranged or a bladed weapon.

Mixed, Anything is allowed.

Last edited by AidanRyuko; 10-22-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Community Member Celestialbeast's Avatar

Character name: Teshy
    Division: Close Combat
    Class: Monk
    Current Level: 25
    Timezone/Time of playing: PST, between 5pm and midnight, unavailable between 7-8pm for guild raids.

How will ED abilities be counted? Example: Light the Dark is a healing ability that functions based on loh's. is it allowed?
    Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    I maxed my drama enhancements, drama skills and took SF: Drama. I have a 89 drama unbuffed. I can hold a mods agro on a roll of 1.
    Argo- Proud Member of Storm's End. Teshy, Teshie, Teshee, Tysho, Teshlyn
    Khyber- Wandering Member of ~Nomadic~. Kyex

If I understand the rules of this tournament, than this is a PvP thing....

All I can say is, good luck finding enough PvP players on Argo (or any server really) to fill the brackets.
    Last edited by Blackwolfe; 10-15-2012 at 06:44 PM. Reason: i really can't spell

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
    If I understand the rules of this tournament, than this is a PvP thing....

All I can say is, good luck finding enough PvP players on Argo (or any server really) to fill the brackets.
    thats what I said myself today, but I'm hoping the fancy templates and money reward will be inviting enough to manage. I just try to bring some fun events into the game and I figured if it hits on it'll also give some nice new records for the ddo record book.

as for epic destinies.. I'll have to look into it some more tomorrow but for now anything except for the tier 6 finisher should be fine to use, including that 150hp heal thing that damages nearby undead.
    Last edited by AidanRyuko; 10-15-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Nice

I think this would be better with a lvl say 10 restriction. But hope it works out for you! Also Ik wist niet dat je uit nederland komt.
    Kasik ~20 Rogue~ Fui 18/2 brb/ftr ~ Emmeryl 20 Clr Hilcias 20 Sorc
    Cool kids play on Mabar!

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

sounds like fun. if it takes off... i might be interested in running Pointless and/or Pickt in the melee and/or mixed combat divisions (23 bard and 23 rogue, respectively), and possibly Katzklaw in ranged, if there is level brackets (Katz is only 12 right now)

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

good good^^ I guess I will go participate myself as well, should be up a few lvls by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahual View Post
    Also Ik wist niet dat je uit nederland komt.
    Zijn er nog meer dan?!?

OP: Good luck on the tourney! You worked it out pretty nicely with the chart!
    ~Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent.~

~ The Thieves Guild ~ Valentine 2011 <3 Most Romantic Guild

bumping this up 1 more time, closing day for sign ups is thursday, depending on those results groups will be made

~aid

Last edited by AidanRyuko; 10-22-2012 at 07:36 AM.