Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Quest Feedback: Lost in the Swamp

Use this thread for feedback on the Lost in the Swamp quest in Update 16! (Be sure to let us know what level / class combination your character is)

Community Member

Default Objective to Find Lost Treasure

Presently if you talk to the third wraith ijn the swamp (the one who gives you the treasure chest under the waterfall) before you talk to thr second wraith (the one who gives you access to the cave), the objective to find the treasure under the waterfall does not appear until you kill the gargoyle in the cave (which not everyone will do). Clicking on the chest will still complete it even if the chest has been opened.

The objective to find the treasure should appear after talking to the third wraith.

Edit: Should mention this one quest fails to appear in the Adventure Compendium.

Otherwise, fun quest.
    Last edited by Texlaw1992; 10-16-2012 at 12:15 AM.

The cave opening in the optional is far too small and very difficult to jump back through. I gave up and reentered n my Favoured soul when testing, open it up please. Also disappointing to have a second door to unlock when you have found a key - it just felt like a cash grab for bells of opening to me.

I liked the personalities of the three ghosts - I did read killing the guardian as having the waves of trash mobs not stop until you did that, so ignored them, and dungeon alert got annoying pretty quickly. Also couldn't find the cave behind the waterfall with the treasure since I didn't open the door. Overall the optional was disappointing to me, I would have another go or two and then ignore it on live in its current state.

The end fight was also not massively fun, same annoying oh no you must kill all the things mechanic shoved really n your face. This is probably the quest I enjoyed the least and would only run if looking for the chain end rewards or once for favour.

As an aside, thank you for putting the quest feedback stickies up, I know I have been waiting for them so there is a chance the devs working on the specific quests get the feedback. It would be useful to get the stickies up asap when wanting feedback on quest based packs tbh.
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Terebinthia View Post
    The cave opening in the optional is far too small and very difficult to jump back through. I gave up and reentered n my Favoured soul when testing, open it up please. Also disappointing to have a second door to unlock when you have found a key - it just felt like a cash grab for bells of opening to me.

I liked the personalities of the three ghosts - I did read killing the guardian as having the waves of trash mobs not stop until you did that, so ignored them, and dungeon alert got annoying pretty quickly. Also couldn't find the cave behind the waterfall with the treasure since I didn't open the door. Overall the optional was disappointing to me, I would have another go or two and then ignore it on live in its current state.

The end fight was also not massively fun, same annoying oh no you must kill all the things mechanic shoved really n your face. This is probably the quest I enjoyed the least and would only run if looking for the chain end rewards or once for favour.

As an aside, thank you for putting the quest feedback stickies up, I know I have been waiting for them so there is a chance the devs working on the specific quests get the feedback. It would be useful to get the stickies up asap when wanting feedback on quest based packs tbh.
    actually i enjoyed this quest. it made a lot of sense you need to read into it. the wraiths were killed by those hordes so it would be easier to think to kill them to free them. Same as the medusa. think about how many things she would stone. Speaking of that why is her poison to kill you only 20 secs instead of 30?

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    actually i enjoyed this quest. it made a lot of sense you need to read into it. the wraiths were killed by those hordes so it would be easier to think to kill them to free them. Same as the medusa. think about how many things she would stone. Speaking of that why is her poison to kill you only 20 secs instead of 30?
    I just get really bored with the kill all these trash mobs to progress mechanic. It feels like a LOTRO instance to me, and I find those snoresville. I'm not a zerger by preference but I like options rather than being forced into a method to complete.
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

I really liked the way this one looked. Good job art team/level designer/whatever.

Saw a weird bug. While fighting at the end, one of the earth elementals had the name "DNT Earth Elemental Miniboss" or similar for a few moments before it changed to his actual name.

Also disappointing to have a second door to unlock when you have found a key - it just felt like a cash grab for bells of opening to me.
    Seconded. Would be a good place for another hallway to a difficult miniboss who drops a key, which can be bypassed picking the door.
    olganon.org - Remember to play in moderation.
    olganon.org - A videogame shouldn't be your life.

Community Member

Default Optionals Bugged

I commented earlier that the optional to get the chest under the waterfall did not appear until I killed the evil in the cave. It occurred because I talked to the third wraith before the second, and did not affect completion since even clicking on the empty chest completes the objective.

The second time I talked to the second one first and killed the evil in the cave before talking to the third one. I did not get the kill the evil optional until talking to the third one, meaning both options now could not be complete since you only get the chest optional after completing the evil optional.

So, the code currently requires that you talk to both 2 & 3 before completing the evil objective. Talking to 2 should cause the evil one to pop up and talking to 3 should cause the chest objective to appear. Please fix.

Has anyone figured out how to get the optional chest in the end room on top of the pillar??

As for the 3 wraiths, we where able to get the chest before killing the gargoyle but had to go back to click on the chest again after killing him to complete it.
    Columbus ** Corvina ** Corv ** Columbo** Corveen ** Roonies**Jeuce
    Roving Guns

Community Member

Default Chest / Dryad Trees

I just saw that chest on my third run-through (on top of a pillar in the final room) and spent nearly 45 minutes trying to figure out a way up, but had no luck. In one corner (sw I think) you can leap on top of a rock and get almost 75% of the way to the top of a pillar, but I couldn't make it any farther even with a very high jump skill.

I gues because I usually kill the dryads with a vorpal strike that I hadn't noticed only one of the four dryad trees was attackable. You cannot hurt the others whether the dryad's in them or not, which means waiting on an instakill for the dryads. Please make the trees attackable as intended.

Nice swampy atmosphere, fun quest layout, interesting ghost optional, and an entertaining end battle (except she didn't do the normal breath attack o_O).
    Good fun.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Texlaw1992 View Post
    I just saw that chest on my third run-through (on top of a pillar in the final room) and spent nearly 45 minutes trying to figure out a way up, but had no luck. In one corner (sw I think) you can leap on top of a rock and get almost 75% of the way to the top of a pillar, but I couldn't make it any farther even with a very high jump skill.
    You can now make it to the chest! (Though it might take some creativity...)

I like the atmosphere of that quests and it really feels and look a bit different. Like being deep in the woods of Cormyr. Also the sound and music is nice and add up to the visuals.
    On a side not thou I don't know if this is intended but the map layout doesn't seem to fit the quest and is at times rather irritating.

The second thing that is very irritating is the second door in the cave. After opening the first we actually went back and searched the area as we thought we had missed something like a lever. While I like if rogues get some loving, I think it is wrong to be forced to need one to proceed in a quest. Also it is odd that the cave end in that room with that two doors and nothing really is beyond that door. Ok, that shadows, but they are more an annoyance then a threat.

As someone else said before I as well liked the three ghosts. One issue however may be with the will-o'-wisps, because it happened several times that they tried to go out of melee range till they suddenly where to far from their initial spot and returned with full health.

I didn't mind the boss running of and throwing waves against us, however for a level 26 I had assumed it to be harder for a level 20 character, even on normal. Harder in the sense of more tricky and affording more coordination. For example I haven't noticed the Medusa trying to paralyze, and all in all I would say the Medusa in the Plaza Quests is a tougher enemy. The only difference is that the Boss and the waves include mobs with a bunch of HP. Not sure of the higher difficulties, but I fear, the difficulty just inflate the HP, but not increase the effectiveness of the Boss AI which is sad.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Community Member

Default Quest since the update

Just ran the quest for the first time since the update. Bugs found:

1. Dryads and their trees are stil bugged. Previously the dryad trees would show up in the viewfinder, but you could attack only one of them while the dryad was healing, meaning you couldn't kill any of the trees and had to instakill each dryad. Now the dryad trees do not appear at all and the dryad heals in some invisible location, again requiring an instakill. Please fox so the trees work normally.

2. Optionals on the three ghosts are still not showing unless you first free all three. Do the cave encounter first and the optionals bug if you don't free all three first.

3. How about a hint on how to get that chest on top of the pillar in the final room? I ca't figure out a way up.

Default Hint

Quote Originally Posted by Texlaw1992 View Post
    Just ran the quest for the first time since the update. Bugs found:

1. Dryads and their trees are stil bugged. Previously the dryad trees would show up in the viewfinder, but you could attack only one of them while the dryad was healing, meaning you couldn't kill any of the trees and had to instakill each dryad. Now the dryad trees do not appear at all and the dryad heals in some invisible location, again requiring an instakill. Please fox so the trees work normally.

2. Optionals on the three ghosts are still not showing unless you first free all three. Do the cave encounter first and the optionals bug if you don't free all three first.

3. How about a hint on how to get that chest on top of the pillar in the final room? I ca't figure out a way up.
    Thank you for the info!

As for #3: I believe you have to use Leap of Faith or Abundant Step.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Thank you for the info!

propulsion boots, sprint boost, are useful too.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Thank you for the info!

It's kind of lame to have chests that only certain classes can get to. Sure, you might need a rogue to open an optional chest in a few places but everyone can still loot it.
    Quest walkthroughs, guides and more on DDM's Realm --> www.ddmsrealm.com - Guides, Tips, and Quest/Magic Item Database! Details here!
    Twitter: @DDMs_Realm
    ~ Like DDM's Realm on Facebook

The Fyxt RPG system is a static universal tabletop RPG rule set! Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor

Unhappy

Wasted a half an hour trying to get bonus chest. At least give us better lighting to try to figure out the jumps. Little to no resolution on the walls is very frustrating. You guys can do better than this. . .or maybe you can't.

Above where the Medusa starts looks like the obvious place. You can even jump up there on rocks. However, just as you get to the top you are blocked by an invisible wall. This is super frustrating. You should never run into invisible walls, never. That is just poor level design. If you don't want people to go there, slap in some more rock and stone to block it.

Just a bit to the west in the very center of the west wall you can jump up there. I think this is where you are supposed to go to get this. Jump to the right/north of a rock outcropping. Then turn to face the wall looking south. Make sure you are not under the overhang and spot find the small pad another jump up going south down the wall. Once up there you can then jump west into the crack between the stalagmites. Turning around here puts you in nice position to get on the nearest pillar. However, I think you need the boots or be one of the classes.

I was unable to make it up there from this spot with Haste, Featherfall and a Jump of 65. I was very close but after several dozen attempts I do not think it is possible with those three things. I kept hitting the pillar a few feet below where you should be able to grab and pull yourself up.

If this chest is indeed only accessible by a couple classes that is lame. I would then say that make it so only those characters that opened a locked chest get to loot it.
    Quest walkthroughs, guides and more on DDM's Realm --> www.ddmsrealm.com - Guides, Tips, and Quest/Magic Item Database! Details here!
    Twitter: @DDMs_Realm
    ~ Like DDM's Realm on Facebook

The Fyxt RPG system is a static universal tabletop RPG rule set! Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor

It seems to me that the quest is bugged again.
    I reach easy Seamus in the swamp, get the directive "confront Sshasstees and her minions" and will be stopped dead by the "Enchanted Root Wall" which is unbreakable.
    Tried it 3 times with a monk on EC,EN,EH and 1 time with a sorcerer on EN; no success.
    Cleared the entire level before, the dryads are acting strange, i couldn't target and therefore kill any of the trees.
    Maybe i'm missing something, but can't figure it out.
    (I have completed the quest once in the past (as it was released) without problems)

Oh dear. Thank you for the information! I'm sorry about the inconvenience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast