Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Zorth View Post
    They do prefer caves, but the cave that they fight in atm makes me think that a Dragon with such high Intelligence would never agree to live in this one.

It is too small for it to fight!

Really!

Delete this quest and leave them in the forest.

This game has never taken into account the intelligence of a Dragon and where it chooses to have its' Lair. Every single Dragon quest in this game is an insult to the game!

The Lairs chosen by the Devs makes no sense to me and it could be more LORE intensive in my opinion, to what a True Dragon of such magntitude would obviously had chosen, They roam free and are not predictable.
    How can you know what lairs dragons like if they "roam free and are not predictable"?

so we are killing Baby Green Dragons?

Adult Dragons take the form of Humanoid to confuse us and because they prefer it, and then those Dragons that are Evil will engulf us in one easy swoop of a thought. It only makes sense that it is a baby dragon is what we are fighting for this quest.
    Ran EE DDTW several times tonight, I would consider it a young adult dragon on EE. My basis being PnP dragons and I have a pet peeve that, in the quest, the DM voice calls it "a large dragon" while there is no D&D classification of dragons in D&D called "large dragon". All dragons have to be matched with their age. In this case my best bet is it is a young adult dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by khangharu View Post
    Not entirely sure, but can Forgotten Realms dragons turn into human form in the same way Argonnessen dragons are capable of? So far I haven't seen any of them who can
    According to the last bit of FR lore I read, all the Good (Metallic) and Neutral (Gemstone) dragons can shift to humanoid form at will, and all of the Evil (Chromatic) except White and Black, from young adult onward.

Thus, a Green such as in DDTW would just have entered the area in humanoid form and only shifted to dragon form later.

Thumbs up

^
    Right to trick his/her enemies.

Hide in the shadows and decide whether or not to kill the party or pretend to be a lost adventurer and join the party for a bit and then kill them all while they sleep.
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

Dragon fights in ddo are lacking. Theres only one that flies and he rarely does because he dies to fast. The tor fight is fun but they sgill dont fly. Velah is a joke. Just stands there like lolth. Mama dragon is the most fun because at level she is a nightmare and she is fast. But i rarely do it becuase the xp isnt worth challenge.

What i would love to see is quest pack witb quests where you fight human at end of a few quests only to have him escape then on a raid in final quest you find out it is dragon that shapeshifted into human form. Then when you fight him he takes off. Then lands behind you. Then takes off and does fly buy. Rangers would be in seroius demand in this quest. Then we he lands dps big time. Tired of dragons just standind there why you pummel them.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by count_spicoli View Post
    Dragon fights in ddo are lacking. Theres only one that flies and he rarely does because he dies to fast. The tor fight is fun but they sgill dont fly. Velah is a joke. Just stands there like lolth. Mama dragon is the most fun because at level she is a nightmare and she is fast. But i rarely do it becuase the xp isnt worth challenge.

What i would love to see is quest pack witb quests where you fight human at end of a few quests only to have him escape then on a raid in final quest you find out it is dragon that shapeshifted into human form. Then when you fight him he takes off. Then lands behind you. Then takes off and does fly buy. Rangers would be in seroius demand in this quest. Then we he lands dps big time. Tired of dragons just standind there why you pummel them.
    Well said.

Sgill =Still

Witb= With
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

The Lairs chosen by the Devs makes no sense to me and it could be more LORE intensive in my opinion, to what a True Dragon of such magntitude would obviously had chosen, They roam free and are not predictable.
    If you want to get picky about LORE, dragons would typically choose small enclosures/cave tunnel systems that only allow enough room for them to move through. The basis for this being a tactical advantage, not allowing anything to flank it, and anything that wants to attack it is bottle necked into a tube where it can use its dragon breath most effectively, and the only thing to attack is its big boney head. Why would it chose to live in a huge open space where its softer bits are exposed to snipers and flanking like a larger cavern system or forest clearing? For a dragon, the best (and most intelligent) choice would be a shallow cave with one entrance/exit that was only big enough around for its body and deep enough for itself and its treasure hoard. The dragon would back into this cave, facing outward and effectively sealing the cave to intruders. that's if you want to get picky about lore though, this is just a game, enjoy the dragons we have.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by count_spicoli View Post

I've heard DDO combat is active, but all dragon fights proves it wrong.
    Pewpewing and moving may be active enough, but until I can jump on dragon, sit on its neck, desperately trying to hold with legs while furiouslt slashing him with two trully epic dwarven waraxes, DDO combat will finally be active instead of static 'stand in one spot and beat it until its HP bar drops'.

The dialogue literally states that the dragon made an agreement with the drow and yaun-ti to assist in poisoning the water supply among other things - so that area is not even the dragons perminent lair where he hides his treasure and sleeps, etc.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I've heard DDO combat is active, but all dragon fights proves it wrong.
    Pewpewing and moving may be active enough, but until I can jump on dragon, sit on its neck, desperately trying to hold with legs while furiouslt slashing him with two trully epic dwarven waraxes, DDO combat will finally be active instead of static 'stand in one spot and beat it until its HP bar drops'.
    I'd rather not have that kind of "piloted" animation. It's way more active as it is now imho, dragons don't really let you stand in one spot^^
    Cannith - Juzam, Water Savant II Ranger 6 Monk 2 AA/ Orocarn, Stalwart Defender III Monk 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Guardiani di Eberron

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    the DM voice calls it "a large dragon" while there is no D&D classification of dragons in D&D called "large dragon". All dragons have to be matched with their age. In this case my best bet is it is a young adult dragon.
    In D&D a Large Green Dragon would either be Juvenile or Young Adult. If it were Young, it would be Medium, and if it were Adult, it would be Huge.

Now, I've only been in there a couple of times, but I'd swear it looks like it is bigger than 8-16 feet nose to base of tail (Large). I'd put it in the 16-32 feet category, which would be Huge, which would make it an Adult Green. But I'll also happily admit, that I've only soloed and duoed it, so I wasn't paying as much attention to its size as I was to not dying.

Dragons are the baddest thing in D&D, figuratively speaking of course.

So bad, they can fight anywhere they "choose" to.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

we're not fighting dragons
    1 dragon is impossible to solo

just check the actions they have per round...that was 1 tail & 4 claws?breath how many times/day(and why are dragons only using the cone version of their breath??) ? high lvl casters?(depending on colour will be higher or lower)

i mean, it's funny/nice to say "hey i beat 2 dragons at lvl 15 (1 dedicated healer,1 dedicated tank,4 dedicated dps rofl) but... with that size would be impossible, the fact there isn't relation between CR/age/size/lvl with dragons, that's not bad because there are 3 completely different difficulties

but...why are they so gimp? i mean their claw/bite damage is boosted, but their actions/round are awfully nerfed, and the actions they use... 0 lore

the only issue i see with the "lairs" we fight dragons is: "how did they put that fat a$$ here?" not all can shapeshift, black dragons are quite bad with polimorphing iirc(at least in dragonlance they only could with a shapeshifting ring lol)

so i would:
    boost dragons' IA, nerf a bit claw & bite, boost breath(and give em at least the cloud version in add to the cone one)
    dragons in closed places: add a hole in the ceiling, big enough when it proceeds(blacks at least)
    dragons in open field: fly & overrun, there's absolute no reason for a dragon to allow us to beat him down, no matter how young it is, it knows to fly and knows we can't fly lol, always flying? no need to, but can send us love in form of spells(because the breath has a concrete range lol, and limited use)

and iirc, when a dragon is in their lair/cave it's not huge, exactly the opposite, enough for it to extend the wings(in some cases the landing is an spiral, they aren't airplanes), a big and closed cave is a big and closed trap, i know it, guess someone who lived 200-400 years more prolly would know it

and in some greedy cases(red mostly) they sleep OVER the treasure, that means the treasure is BIG(ok 1-2 chests, but more coins in the ground :P), if the dragon doesn't sleep over the treasure, there use to be an entrance/hole/hidden passage from the main lair to it, in some cases the dragon would like shapeshifting to access to the treasure, treasure is ALWAYS guarded, use to be manticores(orange/red named)

pls, they are dragons, not orcs or goblins, give em some respect lol they die faster than flies
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

And with all this, the next update will be this:

Dragon Wars!

A huge powerful red dragon, not named Valah, is causing issues in Ebberon. You must find the dragon...and when you enter the lair...you die a fiery death. End of story line.
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by elraido View Post
    And with all this, the next update will be this:

Dragon Wars!

A huge powerful red dragon, not named Valah, is causing issues in Ebberon. You must find the dragon...and when you enter the lair...you die a fiery death. End of story line.
    wouldn't it be funny? well i suggested nerfing the breath a bit so some players with the right fortification(and some hp, not that hp fashion) would survive

i mean, 99,99% of times if not 100% we get in front the boss with 100% hp

ddo has room for more improvement, specially in form of PITA, like... the dragon is spamming fireballs through a corridor full of traps so u just can run like mad til hit the other side(where it's waiting)

yayay, nice nice, pain pain XD
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12