Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Artie 2 doesn't grant evasion, so if doing an artie splash I might suggest trying for 19/1 to qualify for Divine Might IV. This would likely require 1 or 2 levelups in cha, but I can attest with this build as written I have divine might running pretty much 24/7 so DM4 would offer real benefit.

EDIT: It's Divine Sacrifice III that has an ML19 requirement. DM4 is ML20. Ah well. I wouldn't want DS3 anyway; DS1 is all you really want. So no real point in taking 19 outside of giving zeal (but not divine favor) a little extra duration.

Community Member

Thank you for the feedback on the arti splash, i think i will try the evasion paladin build instead and maybe just roll up another characte.r i have 2 slots left of 5, 1 reserved for a mule and 2 active

If you have monk available, a 15/3/2 pally/monk/fighter is an intriguing option. I don't have a build to link you, but it gives both zeal and cure serious, still gets level drain immunity from hotd2, has the same healing amp thanks to 10% from monk, and it gains 4 feats.

7 base (1,3,6,9,12,15,18)
    2 epic
    2 fighter
    2 monk
    1 human
    ---
    14 feats

I'd probably lean toward:

Toughness
    Power Attack
    Improved Critical
    Cleave, Great Cleave, Overwhelming Critical
    THF, ITHF, GTHF
    Empower Healing Spell
    Quicken
    Extend
    Force of Personality
    Magical Training (echoes of power)
    ----
    14 feats

The only drawback is that you lose 12 UMD from no rogue.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    If you have monk available, a 15/3/2 pally/monk/fighter is an intriguing option. I don't have a build to link you, but it gives both zeal and cure serious, still gets level drain immunity from hotd2, has the same healing amp thanks to 10% from monk, and it gains 4 feats.

7 base (1,3,6,9,12,15,18)
    2 epic
    2 fighter
    2 monk
    1 human
    ---
    14 feats

I'd probably lean toward:

Toughness
    Power Attack
    Improved Critical
    Cleave, Great Cleave, Overwhelming Critical
    THF, ITHF, GTHF
    Empower Healing Spell
    Quicken
    Extend
    Force of Personality
    Magical Training (echoes of power)
    ----
    14 feats

The only drawback is that you lose 12 UMD from no rogue.
    You might consider SF: UMD instead of FoP. Or Dwarf instead of Human and get SD3 + HotD2, if and when the Dwarven Defender PrE comes with the enhancement update.

UMD is then:
    11 base
    05 epic lvls
    04 GH
    02 luck
    03 SF: UMD
    10 CHA@30
    01 spider
    =36 - almost enough for no fail heal with no item swaps.
    03 item
    06 Greensteel
    =45
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Spider?
    MOTU CE pack item - you could also use the bunny hat for +3 with scrolls/wands. Spider Mask was +1 for all skills.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Community Member

Even getting UMD to 32 is worth it just to be able to use fireshield scrolls. I would think 40 would be more for Tenser's scrolls than heal scrolls, but the latter can be useful too.
    Ceruleus ~ Nnomad ~ Nnia ~ Nnurgh ~ Cynnical
    Cannith

Updated a few things on the first page:
    • Moved feat list to inside the build
    • Added epic destinies to build
    • Added a couple items to the gear post (shamanic fetish, whirlwind, cloak of invisibility)
    • Corrected the math on the healing amp post (formula changed since OP was posted)
    When the level cap goes up to 28, quicken will drop into the 27 feat choice perfectly.

Community Member

just saying guys...i tried this build on my main and just got to say its a pretty bad build,you get extremly low AC for a melee,low dps,squishy unless using good gear and GS,and very un-self sufficiant(barbs and fighters can cover it with high dps with tactical feats and stuff and use some pots)now i jsut wait to get to my next life already i wont be able to farm EDs good with this build
    dragblood-khyber

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it.

Not sure what you mean by very un-self sufficient. Did you not use your cure spells?

Obviously Gen. Cactus Jack was incapable of using those special potions that only barbs and fighters can use. Delete paladins?

Community Member

im now level 12 with this build btw and my cures dont do much more then 30hp so its not enough for tanking at these levelsmaybe im wrong and it will be better on higher and epic levels but...its not so comfortable its just my opinion though
    dragblood-khyber

Quote Originally Posted by generalfoley View Post
    im now level 12 with this build btw and my cures dont do much more then 30hp so its not enough for tanking at these levelsmaybe im wrong and it will be better on higher and epic levels but...its not so comfortable its just my opinion though
    It's not a tank build, as stated in the first sentence of the OP.

You're currently at the worst level for self-healing in this build, in that mobs are starting to hit hard and you're still stuck with cure light wounds. It gets better at level 13 with cure moderate wounds, and then better again at 16 with cure serious.

Right now your self-healing is (or at least could be):

Amp
    1.1 human recovery I
    1.1 human recovery II
    1.1 human recovery III
    1.1 hunter of the dead I
    1.1 ship buff
    ----
    161%

Devotion
    80 paladin devotion IV
    75 empower healing spell
    81 devotion (whirlwind w/+66 devotion in red slot +15 implement)
    ----
    236 = 336%

10.5 cure light wounds (1d6+2+5 pally levels)
    *3.36 spell power
    *1.61 amp
    -------
    56.8 hit points

It sounds like you're getting a little over half the actual healing potential. Are you using empower healing spell, and devotion of any kind from an item? If for some reason you can't get a whirlwind -- like say you don't own demon sands -- you can get sword of the thirty from tear of dhakaan or even use a crafted devotion of melee alacrity trinket.

At level 13 it increases to:
    21 cure moderate wounds (2d6+4+10 pally levels)
    *3.36 spell power
    *1.61 amp
    -------
    113.6 hit points

Then at 14 it jumps again from another 10% amp from hotd2, followed by a significant jump at level 16 with the ability to slot +78 devotion in a red along with getting cure serious:

At level 16:
    30.5 cure serious (3d6+6+14 pally levels)
    *3.48 spell power
    *1.77 healing amp
    -------
    188 hit points

In summary, the target healing numbers this build can reach using a red-slot THF weapon (eg: sword of the thirty, whirlwind) are:

ML12: 56.8 hit points for 16 spell points
    ML13: 113.6 hit points for 18 spell points
    ML16: 188 hit points for 22 spell points
    ML25: 359 hit points for 22 spell points

The first numbers can be pushed further with a 20% healing amp item, though at lower levels they are somewhat exotic and not really expected. (Levik's bracers, dragontouched leather armor, ToD ring)

I left off playing this one for a while (cursed altoholic) but as 7Pal/2Rog my cure light was doing at least 35+.

Community Member

i dont own sands pack yeah but got a nice alchemical greatsword...and ill work on getting a devotion item yeah
    dragblood-khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by generalfoley View Post
    just saying guys...i tried this build on my main and just got to say its a pretty bad build,you get extremly low AC for a melee,low dps,squishy unless using good gear and GS,and very un-self sufficiant(barbs and fighters can cover it with high dps with tactical feats and stuff and use some pots)now i jsut wait to get to my next life already i wont be able to farm EDs good with this build
    I can understand maybe low DPS and no tactical feats. But "un-self sufficient"? You have high cha and should therefor be able to have full UMD, plus a TON of healing between spells, unyielding sovereignty, and LoH.

I'm considering this build as my next tr life.

Would taking a level of fighter at 9 instead of pally for the extra feat be an option? Remember, this is a tr, so realy only goes to lvl 18 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    I'm considering this build as my next tr life.

Would taking a level of fighter at 9 instead of pally for the extra feat be an option? Remember, this is a tr, so realy only goes to lvl 18 anyway.
    I think I might push the fighter level back to 18 if only to get to cure serious + zeal as quickly as possible, which requires 15 pally levels.

Pally 15 is the magic number; the next 3 levels really only get you 10% more amp. So if you want to skip 3 pally levels, there shouldn't be much difference. Those 3 levels can easily be fighter @ 18 and skipped (due to banking) pally @ 19 & 20.

Community Member

Default TRing into this build

Iḿ going to Tring into this build, cause I need Paladin Past life (omw to Completionist). My questions are:
    I like rogue splash, love to be trapper.
    I will TR just hitting lvl 20. Iĺl stay at lvl 18.
    What would u do if u were just to lvl 18?
    Paladin 15 is good +2rogue=17 lvl So there is free lvl: rogue, monk or fighter. What do you think?
    I used to solo
    Ty a lot and sorry for my english, Itś not my maternal language.
    PS: THF or TWF? and What feats and Enchanment for levelling to 18 or 19 max

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast