Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Unarmed fully works with ED Combat Brute and Sense Weakness. Sense weakness probably also stacks with 10 or 20% No Mercy, but not 30%. It is likely a 10% rogue no Mercy, 20% monk no Mercy, and 30% Sense Weakness effects all stack since they are different %s and appears to be untyped.

Ninja stars in Shadowdancer maxing sneak attack / dex as a Halfling 13 rogue 6 monk 1 ranger is around 600 dps, and shurikens apply sneak immunity vulnerability debuff of SD. Sneak damage is untyped, and not increased by helpless debuff or effects. Shurikens are considered ammunition which is why all the crit profile effects don't work. However, enhancement effects (+1 dmg/hit), ammunition imbues from AA or poison quiver do work. As ammunition, you can have a weapon offhand and not be hit by TWF penalty, like a +++HAMP Kama, but also can't use shurikens with Balanced Attacks from PA for knockdown. Add an unupgraded Ring of Lies, Seal of House Avinthul, and Arrowhead to a Rad II GS Shuriken for consistent CC effects and sneak damage, which at 600 dps you will probably need.

Thrown attack speed ot 14 BAB with Whirling Wrists/Haste was 1.11 attacks/second. Quick draw/Rapid Shot will likely increase that by around 20% total (they increase different parts of the attack sequence). Whirling Wrists is a 30% increase in total shuriken throw speed, since it speeds up only part of the attack sequence.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 02-17-2014 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Sneak damage is untyped, and not increased by helpless debuff or effects.

I do not think this was always the case ( since the autocrit on helpless days ). Has something recent changed this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Thumbs up

Wow... Just today I have glimpsed at the Book of Syncletica for the first time. It´s not only excellent info on monks, but it´s also beautifuly done.

Congratz, Syn!

(Nahiz bows respectfully)
    A dedicated casual gamer on G-land. Nahiz - Dassin - Pindaro

Quote Originally Posted by Nahiz View Post
    Wow... Just today I have glimpsed at the Book of Syncletica for the first time. It´s not only excellent info on monks, but it´s also beautifuly done.

Congratz, Syn!

(Nahiz bows respectfully)
    Thanks. Google Sites isn't the greatest host but it gets the job done. I'm trying to ramp up for Update 21's changes...
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Default Arcane Archer Monk section updated

With a shiny new computer, I've found more time to research, play and update the guide.

The Arcane Archer Monk chapter is now decently updated with contrasts to the ever-popular/despised/vilified "monkcher" builds.

I'm hoping to get the incomplete Kensei Fighter chapter to a useable level in the coming weeks. Update 22 is bound to bring newfound joys or woes to your local dojo, so the guide is always a work in progress.

Should you see anything that's inaccurate or have a question, complaint or comment on the guide, drop a note on the Guide's Q&A page on its sister blog, The Order of Syncletica.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide

Thanks to you and the other contributors for putting together this book Spencerian.

It is another of the amazingly helpful resources that the player-base has provided for the game. Looking forward to coming updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Default Brace Yourselves

...Updates are coming by end of May for

• Update of the Zen Archer, including build data you can pull into Character Builder Lite
    • The Poison Master build, also importable into CB Lite
    • Adjustments/new build for the AA Monk, also for CB Lite

Default Continued Updates

Real life is slowing me down a bit in updating several somewhat obsolete areas of the guide, as well as getting my two simple build ideas fully documented.

I will continue work on it, but appreciate your patience. I want to keep the guide relevant and also prepare the guide for any upcoming enhancement passes.

In particular, there's been a lot of fresh monastic loot in recent updates that aren't noted. Stay tuned.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123