Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Luxgolg View Post
    ^^ this. When a game based around groups/parties leans more towards soloing, it breaks the dynamics of the game itself.
    I agree. The point of it being an ONLINE game is so that you can play with other people.
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <The True Path>

Community Member

Well, to be fair. On Cannith atleast, a select few people have for years been trying to make soloing the ultimate game experience and the ultimate proof of skill.

They got what they wanted, now stop whining.

Pyreal af Templar

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarrbrik View Post
    I agree. The point of it being an ONLINE game is so that you can play with other people.
    No online MMO's does not mean group play, I enjoy soloing all the time. I hate to group unless where all about the same age or knowledge of game. As you can see my start date , I quit almost same day as I started back then you almost had to group to complete quest because eveything was new and NOBODY was on there 5th life or with God gear.

I would bet everything I have that more people want to SOLO play than group in the world. At first the MMO's where all group based then they figured out older players cant stand younger players who BTW are most of the trolls everywhere. Online playing is changing from where it started if a new MMO doesnt support the solo player it will FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnaky View Post
    Guildwars 2 as a RPG has an open game world. DDO a slideshow if loading screens.

Guildwars 2 as a RPG has no lag. DDO has a 5-10 minimun lag policy at any given moment.

Guildwars 2 servers doesn´t radomly drop people. DDO has for years, its a Turbine trademark.

Why would you choose DDO as a RPG?

Personally i´d choose NWN any day.

Pyreal af Templar

GW2 is boring ddo isnt why would I play GW2?

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

I dont know. Decisions decisions.

Pyreal af Templar

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post

GW2 is boring ddo isnt why would I play GW2?
    The run speed in GW2 is like ***'n? I keep Retreat as a skill just to boost my run speed between waypoints... a la speed boost. Need permanent speed boosts besides the limited min boon speed boosters around towns. THe DDO devs play GW2 and gawk at "what should be". EOM

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarrbrik View Post
    No, that's just one point that you happen to feel is most important. For me, I like a full AH, new content and to see
    other people and socialize when I want to. I don't feel compelled to group nor should I.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    The run speed in GW2 is like ***'n? I keep Retreat as a skill just to boost my run speed between waypoints... a la speed boost. Need permanent speed boosts besides the limited min boon speed boosters around towns. THe DDO devs play GW2 and gawk at "what should be". EOM
    I just carry that banner of defense and call for sprint all the time lol. Well that or just teleport everywhere for the hell of it. Cause im rich!

Sure ddo has a place in my heart. Though bug ridden and riddled with lag like a mauled corpse. But I still like the playstyle.

However having a melee that's a badass instead of my mages, customizing those skills for heals and whatnot, AND not a drop of lag or that damn box saying unexpected error we gotta flip you the bird now!! Was pretty damn nice I gotta admit. And I'm running below the minimum requirements lol.

Turbs really gotta get their programming together. I long for the day I don't literally need a SSD just to improve game play by loading back into it faster after crash lol.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyburns View Post
    DDO Is so awesome we see you on for 2 hours every 2-3 weeks
    He can't spend too much time outside of his bomb shelter....
    Snarfity snarfly snarf.

The combat system and character building are the reasons I would chose DDO over most MMOs.

Some of the posts I read about how some other games are better (not just in this topic) make me think that DDO might be too hard for some people, or just too complicated? Honestly with MotU and EDs it's got much easier, even if you don't want to spend some time on developing your build you'll still be able to run anything up to EHard, heck prolly even with a premade path.

Then again, character building is the beauty of DDO. I have never seen another MMO or even RPG that gives you so many different and deep possibilities.

The only real problem here could be the lag...bugs are always there, a lot of them, but nothing game-breaking comes to mind (maybe I just got used to them, dunno...)

The lack of PvP is another possible flaw, but it's a game design choice.

Besides, Pyreal, I see you're still here despite all those sub-par things we have :P
    Cannith - Juzam, Water Savant II Ranger 6 Monk 2 AA/ Orocarn, Stalwart Defender III Monk 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Guardiani di Eberron

Quote Originally Posted by FengXian View Post
    The combat system and character building are the reasons I would chose DDO over most MMOs.

Some of the posts I read about how some other games are better (not just in this topic) make me think that DDO might be too hard for some people, or just too complicated? Honestly with MotU and EDs it's got much easier, even if you don't want to spend some time on developing your build you'll still be able to run anything up to EHard, heck prolly even with a premade path.

Then again, character building is the beauty of DDO. I have never seen another MMO or even RPG that gives you so many different and deep possibilities.

The only real problem here could be the lag...bugs are always there, a lot of them, but nothing game-breaking comes to mind (maybe I just got used to them, dunno...)

The lack of PvP is another possible flaw, but it's a game design choice.

Besides, Pyreal, I see you're still here despite all those sub-par things we have :P
    \\

This. I tried other games with "good" combat likew Vindictus, C9, GW2 etc but its just... not THIS.
    And DDO character building!
    For me gw2 is just boring :P combat and everything. I bought it. Played for 2 weeks got to 70% map completion and Im bored to death :P.
    Yes, theres a lot less bugs, no lags, graphics is better but... It just didnt suck me in :P. I was bored.
    And believe me I really would liek to change the game I play for sth else.... but it seems Ill always go back to ddo...
    Turbine - maybe DDO2 project?

I thought that. I said you know, I think i'll log onto my monk and play with em for a bit cause i'd been away for about a week. I gotta say it didn't take to long after I was finally able to load in, to say...Jesus Christ it got worse!

I like my characters, specifically my mages cause the melee warrior in gw2 is just flippn badass, and it's nice to play a ranged ranger that doesn't blow. But theirs one thing ddo has in spades over damn near every game ive tried. And that's a broken down, leaky system that needs to go the way of ol yeller and start from the ground up again.

Or maybe when neverwinter comes out full force they can do it right in that segment.

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    I thought that. I said you know, I think i'll log onto my monk and play with em for a bit cause i'd been away for about a week. I gotta say it didn't take to long after I was finally able to load in, to say...Jesus Christ it got worse!

I like my characters, specifically my mages cause the melee warrior in gw2 is just flippn badass, and it's nice to play a ranged ranger that doesn't blow. But theirs one thing ddo has in spades over damn near every game ive tried. And that's a broken down, leaky system that needs to go the way of ol yeller and start from the ground up again.

Or maybe when neverwinter comes out full force they can do it right in that segment.
    I'm not sure I got you right, but I'll go and quote myself about this: if you still think melee or ranged suck in ddo, you're not doing it right.
    Sure, casters are probably still the best classes out there, but with epic destinies and some other recent-ish changes, melee AND ranged are both definitily viable for end game.

I haven't tried GW2, but from what I've seen here it sounds like a pretty easy game. So it will definitely give you more short term satisfaction (new+easy=lots of fun for a week or a month, dunno...).

Anyway, since I really might have just got used to the system flaws of ddo, which one are the most annoying ones to you (lag doesn't count, we already know :P)
    Cannith - Juzam, Water Savant II Ranger 6 Monk 2 AA/ Orocarn, Stalwart Defender III Monk 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Guardiani di Eberron

true rpg games can be counted with the fingers in 1 hand

the rest, and gw2, are arcade

the day arcade upgraded his "lineal argument progression" to something with more possibilities, players thought they were playing rpg but not, they are only arcade games with some possibilities, think about games like that as if you were thinking in a need for speed but with characters, not cars

I played gw2 a bit,didnt see anything revolutionary there like some people say,nothing special there.

I'm not sure I got you right, but I'll go and quote myself about this: if you still think melee or ranged suck in ddo, you're not doing it right.
    Sure, casters are probably still the best classes out there, but with epic destinies and some other recent-ish changes, melee AND ranged are both definitily viable for end game.

I haven't tried GW2, but from what I've seen here it sounds like a pretty easy game. So it will definitely give you more short term satisfaction (new+easy=lots of fun for a week or a month, dunno...).

Anyway, since I really might have just got used to the system flaws of ddo, which one are the most annoying ones to you (lag doesn't count, we already know :P)
    no ranged suck. Ranged just suck sooooo much. It's suck. In fact hold on lemme copy and paste something. See the word suck doesn't sum it up. In fact it's widely misused as it doesn't even mean what it's usually being used to describe. So these are better.

adjective - (poor quality) - abominable, amiss, atrocious, awful, bad news*, beastly, blah*, bottom out, bummer*, careless, cheap, cheesy*, crappy*, cruddy, crummy*, defective, deficient, diddly, dissatisfactory, downer*, dreadful, erroneous, fallacious, faulty, garbage, godawful, grody, gross*, grungy*, icky*, imperfect, inadequate, incorrect, inferior, junky, lousy*, not good, off, poor, raunchy*, rough, sad, slipshod, stinking, substandard, synthetic, the pits, unacceptable, unsatisfactory.

Melee they're fine. Especially with ed's dime a dozen. But even with ED's ranged qualifies as all of those words. Plus a few select others. With one very mild p2p build exception. And even that really isn't grand.

Still this game does hold out in the catagory of mages and somewhat melee so far. Key words so far. Ive watched er get dramatically easier as time has gone by, I suppose time will tell if eventually everyone is able to jog through EE.

To each its own I guess.

If you think that even w/ MS+fotw or w/ Shiradi ranged is still not viable I won't try to convince you^^ Right now I can think of 2 different ranged builds soloing most adq1 and druid's curse EE and I'm sure there are more examples, although it is hard to play it right.

And actually that's ok with me, I don't think every playstile should be as easy as another, nor linear in dps etc...as long as there are ways for ranged to shine in end game, it's ok.

To each its own I guess.

If you think that even w/ MS+fotw or w/ Shiradi ranged is still not viable I won't try to convince you^^ Right now I can think of 2 different ranged builds soloing most adq1 and druid's curse EE and I'm sure there are more examples, although it is hard to play it right.

And actually that's ok with me, I don't think every playstile should be as easy as another, nor linear in dps etc...as long as there are ways for ranged to shine in end game, it's ok.
    no manyshot is hands down the most dps, but outside of it, even with shirardi, it's just sad. It's rainman sad. It's the dog getting choked to death in that will smith movie sad.

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    no manyshot is hands down the most dps, but outside of it, even with shirardi, it's just sad. It's rainman sad. It's the dog getting choked to death in that will smith movie sad.
    Except in many quests well timed manyshots are all you need to keep up with the other players' contribution. And we all know 10k stars is a big improvement to ranged: while it's not the only viable way to play ranged it is probably the best. Shiradi is very, very nice. Nowhere near sad...maybe knowing your build/gear/way of playing would help us understand your problem, but that would be way OT here.

I love ranged to be burst damage and not linear like melee. Trying to make everything work like something else would just make the game boring and, well, linear.

I played GW2 and ALOT of people are wanting their money back that game SUCKED I can't believe they even made it arrrgh.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast