Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Default LR+3 Multiclassing Issues

    Couldn't find this anywhere else. appols if it is.

    I am trying to LR+3 my toon. He's a 12monk/6ftr/2rog.

    I want to try out 12monk/6ftr/2druid. (dont ask! I also tried pally)

    Anyway, when i try to change the first of the rogue levels it tells me that I cant as I would have 4 different classes. It appears the level up dialogue is not taking into account that I will have 3 (of which I will only need 2) class changes.

    Note, it will allow me to change, for instance, rogue--->monk/ftr.

    It crossed my mind that I could use 2 LR+1's to achieve this by changing one class lvl at a time, but what a drain on TP's if I wanted to do that on LIVE.

    Is this WAI turbine folks?

  2. #2
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Moosehead Lake
    Posts
    23,524

    Default

    Cant do it with one lr you have to change your rogue levels to monk or fighter first as the game can't know that you really intend to change both rogue levels and changing directly 1 of those levels to druid gives you 4 classes at least temp. Wish there was a better system or better news for you.

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  3. #3

    Default

    Amazing to think that this is WAI.

    Ah wells. Thanks for the feedback.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Hi,

    It's to prevent people from getting levels in four classes. That being said, a different interface might allow these trickier reincarnations to work without having to drop a class entirely before adding another.

    It would be useful if there was an interface which showed all at one time which classes you'd taken for all your levels, then let you switch them around before confirming a final levelling plan. Once you confirmed (and it was a legal combination) it could take you through the levels step by step to do feat choices, spend skill points, etc.

    Being able to see an overview of when you took your levels would be very handy if you haven't noted them down. When I started playing I was caught like that a couple of times, and from reading the forums I can see that other players have been too.

    An interface like the one described above would also allow a more efficient use of class changes from hearts, which would be good for players anyway.

    Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

  5. #5
    Community Member Relenthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Hi,

    It would be useful if there was an interface which showed all at one time which classes you'd taken for all your levels, then let you switch them around before confirming a final levelling plan. Once you confirmed (and it was a legal combination) it could take you through the levels step by step to do feat choices, spend skill points, etc.
    I approve of this idea
    Exelin etc, exception Estelix of Elite Raiders, Khyber
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    I often word things in ways that cause the most speculation and panic, because I'm capricious and mean.

  6. #6
    Lord of Dragons Maatogaeoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chickenmaniac View Post
    Couldn't find this anywhere else. appols if it is.

    I am trying to LR+3 my toon. He's a 12monk/6ftr/2rog.

    I want to try out 12monk/6ftr/2druid. (dont ask! I also tried pally)

    Anyway, when i try to change the first of the rogue levels it tells me that I cant as I would have 4 different classes. It appears the level up dialogue is not taking into account that I will have 3 (of which I will only need 2) class changes.

    Note, it will allow me to change, for instance, rogue--->monk/ftr.

    It crossed my mind that I could use 2 LR+1's to achieve this by changing one class lvl at a time, but what a drain on TP's if I wanted to do that on LIVE.

    Is this WAI turbine folks?
    You can do it with a single +3 if you're not hyper-critical about your class order in levels.

    Turn your first rogue level into a fighter level. Then, turn your next rogue level into a druid level. Finally, turn a later fighter level into a druid level.

    3 class changes, single LR stone.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maatogaeoth View Post
    You can do it with a single +3 if you're not hyper-critical about your class order in levels.

    Turn your first rogue level into a fighter level. Then, turn your next rogue level into a druid level. Finally, turn a later fighter level into a druid level.

    3 class changes, single LR stone.
    Hmmmn, I guess it may work like that. Stands to reason from a pragmatic sense.

    Either way, it appears the current system has a major flaw. What may fix it, without a complete reprogramming of the process, is to allow 4+ classes throughout the levelling process whilst on the boat but have a simple fail/safe check at level 20 and a cancel restart button. The later would have been useful from day one!
    Last edited by chickenmaniac; 10-11-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload