Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default U15 Patch 2 Cleric Radiant Aura Semi-Fixed :)

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Relea...tch_2_Official

Enhancements

■The Radiant Servant's Positive Energy Aura and Burst now function regardless of the currently-selected target.
    Ran my cleric today its nice the aura does activate under some circumstances :

Having anything targeted will activate the aura such as i tested with the following:

- Myself
    - party member
    - NPC
    - dungeon object (lever, door, anything you can interact with)
    - breakable
    - Enemy Monster

NOT having anything targeted will result in no Aura Cast and you are charged one use

So please make sure you have something, ANYTHING targeted if you activate your Radiant Aura

So yes according to the release notes it is fixed.... Somewhat.

Just thought I would share this little bit

Laters

PS Edit : Submitting a bug report as well.
    Last edited by karpedieme; 10-10-2012 at 07:48 PM.
    Thelanis Server Accolyte 21 PL FVS Completionist Super Soul Accelerated 20 PL Completionist Super Sorc Accessory 3 Ranger 3 Sorc 1 Wiz PL Artificer Accusal 3 FVS 3 Wiz PL Pale Master Accxer Mathbane Barb PL Barbarian Acc 3 FVS 3 Wiz PL Pale Master Ctrl 3 FVS 3 Wiz PL Archmage Jati 3 Monk 3 Ftr PL Tactics Monk Somnath 3 Monk 3 Ftr PL Dark Monk

Yeah, noticed this as well.

Hmmm ok I tested it, in some instances targeting nothing would work, however once I get to another new instance (with aura still running), targeting nothing would result in what the OP stated.
    Sigh, turbine can you get nothing right???
    Last edited by Garvin; 10-10-2012 at 09:14 PM.
    Retired Gimp of Crimson Eagles
    Stopwound - Healwound - Songwound - Cursewound - Patchwound - Saltwound

Default garvin

cant you feel that something at least is right?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    cant you feel that something at least is right?
    No.

I rather have the previous problem where my aura is not going off when I am targeting something, than not going off and take 1 charge.

Lol well its semi right I would grant them.

I did more testing, its seems to me that the issue lies with going into a new instance with the aura still running, so if example you had a min left on the aura and you went to a new instance, by rights the aura dissappears and its suppose to reset so as you need to cast it again.

But however I believe there is a disconnect with the server and the actual gameplay and the server side is still assuming the aura is running thus the non activation of the 'new' aura.

I waited up my 1min and tried targeting nothing and casting the aura and this time it worked, so I believe my theory could be correct.

It might be the same problem as that associated with the key of eveningstar where there is a disconnect with the server side as Tolero (or someone once mentioned).

Turbine if you are reading this, kindly do have a look at this problem.

In the meantime I will raise a bug report heh.
    Last edited by Garvin; 10-10-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    Retired Gimp of Crimson Eagles
    Stopwound - Healwound - Songwound - Cursewound - Patchwound - Saltwound

Community Member

Why cant they use the same code as Death Aura - how hard can that be? One is positive energy the other negative, one an SLA the other a spell.

The two are so similar that it is hard to believe that there should be this much hassle.

Default similar

rats and mice are similar, but try getting them to breed with eachother

Even before the patch i didn't have any problems starting the aura if i had something targeted. I thought the whole issue was that you should be able to start it when you have nothing targeted. I'll have to wait till i get in game to test it. If the problem is at least limited to when instances are switched, at least that is some improvement.

Tested out that theory.

Went into the marketplace and faced a wall so that nothing was targeted, cast Aura, it works on me and others.

With the timer still going (1:20 left), I went onto the guild airship, face the open area so that nothing was targeted, cast Aura, and it works as well.
    Smash head on keyboard to continue

Quote Originally Posted by Nullaer View Post
    Tested out that theory.

Went into the marketplace and faced a wall so that nothing was targeted, cast Aura, it works on me and others.

With the timer still going (1:20 left), I went onto the guild airship, face the open area so that nothing was targeted, cast Aura, and it works as well.
    I didn't do any specific testing, all I know is that I never saw the "no target selected" text appear any time I hit my aura today (3 raids, 2 quests), so as far as I can tell it's working "properlyish" again (although it WOULD be nice if, someday, they change it so you don't lose it when you go through a door or portal...)

Edit: Now that I think about it, though - I do seem to recall similar behavior to that described below a couple times, where my aura simply didn't go off when I had nothing targeted. Didn't get a message, but lost a charge and didn't get an aura.
    Last edited by PNellesen; 10-11-2012 at 08:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Quote Originally Posted by Nullaer View Post
    Tested out that theory.

Ran challenges all evening and everytime in a quest unless i had something targeted nothing happened.

Just logged my cleric back on the ship on main deck nothing targeted aura activated fine..... Went below deck instance change and tried with nothing targeted and aura did not activate. Self-targeting or Ship buff worked after instance swaps.

Something is fishy... Probably instance changing related or in-quest problems too.

There are problems that might need some minute tweaking on Turbine's part.

Still to be on the safe side target yourself or something so it activates if you have changed instances previously.
    Last edited by karpedieme; 10-10-2012 at 11:35 PM.
    Thelanis Server Accolyte 21 PL FVS Completionist Super Soul Accelerated 20 PL Completionist Super Sorc Accessory 3 Ranger 3 Sorc 1 Wiz PL Artificer Accusal 3 FVS 3 Wiz PL Pale Master Accxer Mathbane Barb PL Barbarian Acc 3 FVS 3 Wiz PL Pale Master Ctrl 3 FVS 3 Wiz PL Archmage Jati 3 Monk 3 Ftr PL Tactics Monk Somnath 3 Monk 3 Ftr PL Dark Monk

Community Member

Yep, just observed the bug.

Activated Aura in Marketplace. When I had nothing targeted, my turns were used and the animation occured, but no aura.

It's odd, I don't recall having targeting issues with the aura, just with the burst. Thankfully, that seems to work with nothing/anything targeted now.

Default They are

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo_lol View Post
    Why cant they use the same code as Death Aura - how hard can that be? One is positive energy the other negative, one an SLA the other a spell.

The two are so similar that it is hard to believe that there should be this much hassle.
    All the wizards I know have been complaining of exactly this issue for months.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    Now that I think about it, though - I do seem to recall similar behavior to that described below a couple times, where my aura simply didn't go off when I had nothing targeted. Didn't get a message, but lost a charge and didn't get an aura.
    I have seen this too, but did not make the connection. I must pay more attention to when it happens and then bug report it.

AJ

F1 - cast aura,.. isn't new! I'll never change that habit, unless of course they make it where it doesn't work when targeting yourself~

Quote Originally Posted by jambajuicey View Post
    F1 - cast aura,.. isn't new! I'll never change that habit, unless of course they make it where it doesn't work when targeting yourself~
    Lol that was the point of them fixing the Aura in the first place wirth this patch

Back to the old habits for me too I guess....

Maybe I will stop reading release notes for a while too

Noticed the bug as well. It's frustrating. I'd prefer the previous bug really...
    English is not my native language, so please excuse my mistakes.
    Thelanis: Fossette (Your DC'ing raid cleric), Ampora (party's gimp CC bard), Eridana (worst Paladin tank in your party), Laeressa ("kill before you get killed" Barbarian), Dualscar (uncharismatic WF sorcerer)

■The Radiant Servant's Positive Energy Aura and Burst now function regardless of the currently-selected target.

Why make did they make this statement if it's obviously still broken....le sigh i was really looking forward to this working no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post

Why make did they make this statement if it's obviously still broken....le sigh i was really looking forward to this working no matter what.
    Theoretically its not broken but it is also not completely WAI

With all these bugs and such we must try and see some lightness in Incorporeal coding

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast