Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lost in my imagination.... or sometimes just living in Canada..

Default Sharlaa the Druid - WIP - Flat Colours

(edit) I'm in the Spotlight again?! Wow, I'm not even done this picture and it was spotlighted. ^^; It should be done within the next day or two though, and I'll keep posting my progress. So if you're curious keep your eyes on this thread. ^_^

<Edit again>
    After a total of 18 hours of work... it's complete!!

This is actually half the size of the actual picture, but I shrunk it for forum viewing. ^_^
    </endedit>

I've been wanting to draw this since I was playing Sharlaa in the beta testing. She was my second D&D character ever - the first was more of a silly/fluff concept so I could focus on learning the system instead of developing personality... so I guess Sharlaa was more my first serious D&D character. (and even then I was only 16 when I made her, and had a lot of RP skills to learn. ^^; )

Anyhoo, this is probably the first time I've drawn her since I was a teenager, which was.. erm.. quite some time ago. >.> (I mean, I created her around the time 2nd ed was first published.)

So, today I did the rough sketch and lines... I'll post updates to the image as I go.

(this is maybe 30% of the actual image size.)

Sharlaa of Ravenwood and her wolf companion Greylock. She actually had Greylock as a wolf companion way back in 2nd ed, there were just no decent systems for having animal companions back then yet the DM was kind and allowed her to have a pet and constant wolf companion.

I drew her in the plains armor (and look, I barely adjusted the design for once!!) but I dearly hope to get green dragonscale for Sharlaa someday, just because in the original campaign I played her in she was able to get green dragonhide armor for both herself and Greylock. (I later left that group and kept playing her for years later in a campaign that is still going.)
    Blah blah blah.. image background that you guys probably don't care about. lol

Next I should be posting the flat colours, that is if I don't get creative and do all of my shading and highlights the same day. ^_^

(edit)

And here are the flat colours.

Total time so far: aprox 7 hours

(edit again)

And here is Sharlaa shaded and highlighted.

Total time so far: aprox 11 hours
    Last edited by Luadrilae; 10-24-2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: update to art progress
    (Formally known as Luadrilae)

Phaeshalee likes you. Yes... you.
    My deviantART gallery

Wooo Very nice draw Luadrilae. Nice armor on her and Wolfy so cute with his paws and all. :O

Great job!

Community Member

Great design! I wish I had half the artistic talent you do.

Default Sharlaa the Druid - WIP - Shading

^_^ Thanks guys.

And here are the flat colours. They look dull like this but will really pop and become vibrant when I shade/highlight them.

total time so far: aprox 7 hours
    Last edited by Luadrilae; 10-13-2012 at 02:28 PM. Reason: update to art progress

My deviantART gallery

Cool cool! You're so talented.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Lots of talent here. Thanks for sharing!

Wow! It's amazing how many talented Artists we have in this community! We really should have a 'Paint DDO Day!' contest or something.

I'll enter a stick figure drawing!
    || Arari - Cleric Rogue || Athyria - Satanic Mechanic || Ethirial - Arcane Archer || Tiarinlasa - Spell Singer || Zirron - Divine Avenger ||

Aww, thanks. <3

I didn't have time to work on it today because I was, you know, playing DDO.. but hopefully I'll get started on the shading tomorrow. It should really make the picture pop when I get that done.

My deviantART gallery

Awwwwwwww....

What a cutie.

The elfs not bad looking either

Great art work, You must be a dog person in real life because the artwork realy shows a bond between elf and wolf. It actualy gives a genuine feeling of warmth - very impressive indeed.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

Do you have any characters who don't like hugging?

Excellent work really, you almost make me want to pull out my old character sketches and scan them in.. almost.

Gedian Greymalkin R20/e5[SD5] H N | Erdric Aendricaes FV20/e3[EA4] E LN | Vollmer Itsu P20/e3[US5] H LG | Bale Traeger B20/e2[FS4] H N | ~Thurauk D'Soronath~ A20/e2[MR3] D CG

Community Member

That is really great! Suprised that you aren't doing that for a living!!

Default +1

The word adorable comes to mind
    Real life is a worse grind than any MMO.
    Sarlona:
    Tirisha 25 FVS, Aierian 25 MNK, Girltank 18 FTR/ 2PALLY/5 EPIC, Seidra 25 SORC, Wikka 20 WIZ, Kylexi 20 PALLY, Stephony 20 Bard

Default Sharlaa's shading done

Time so far: aprox 11 hours

I have Sharlaa shaded and highlighted. I'm stopping here for today because the fur shading/highlights on Greylock is going to do a number on my hand and I've already been working on this for 4 hours today.

Quote Originally Posted by bigolbear View Post
    Great art work, You must be a dog person in real life because the artwork realy shows a bond between elf and wolf. It actualy gives a genuine feeling of warmth - very impressive indeed.
    ^_^ I've actually had these characters for over 20 years now, so I can really feel Sharlaa's love for her wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by baletraeger View Post
    Do you have any characters who don't like hugging?
    Lol. My Eilistraeean drow definitely make it seem that way. Funnily Sharlaa isn't much of a hugging type of character, and Greylock is a gruff, churlish warrior wolf. My husband even laughed about how happy and cute Greylock looks in the picture, since it's such a tender picture of the two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthawk36 View Post
    That is really great! Suprised that you aren't doing that for a living!!
    Actually I do! It's tons of work (more then a full time job with frequent overtime) for less then min wage, part time job pay.. but I run a virtual pet/adoptable on another site and sometimes do commissions for money.

And to all of the other comments, I'm gushing and happy. Thank you. ^_^

I'm still in shock that I was put into the Spotlight again! I'm so happy and honoured.. and this picture isn't even finished yet.

My deviantART gallery

I'd kill to have a 10th of the talent you have in your artwork!

Very, VERY nice work, and very beautiful. +1!
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

I should have had this finished days ago, but a few days ago my monitor blew. I finally bought a new one, but no matter how hard I try I can't seem to get this monitor calibrated properly and the colours just constantly look 'off'. I'll keep fidgeting with it, but I don't want to continue colouring an image until I can see the colours properly.

My deviantART gallery

And it's complete!!

This took me around 18 hours from start to finish. ^_^ I had a long pause in the middle due to my monitor blowing up, needing get a new one, and having a bugger of a time calibrating the colours on my new monitor.

But she's all done. <3

My deviantART gallery

Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by Luadrilae View Post

And it's complete!!

This took me around 18 hours from start to finish. ^_^ I had a long pause in the middle due to my monitor blowing up, needing get a new one, and having a bugger of a time calibrating the colours on my new monitor.

But she's all done. <3
    this is so beautifully done it made me want to go trough another druid life ^^
    this style of drawing is what got me and many ppl i know into PnP rpgs to begin with, and frankly if there were official promo ddo pics like this <hint> i bet my monthly wages loads more ppl would get excited to play</hint>
    Last edited by kauetomaz; 10-26-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kauetomaz View Post
    this is so beautifully done it made me want to go trough another druid life ^^
    this style of drawing is what got me and many ppl i know into PnP rpgs to begin with, and frankly if there were official promo ddo pics like this <hint> i bet my monthly wages loads more ppl would get excited to play</hint>
    <3 Aww, that's so sweet. I've actually sent out my CV (art resume) to a few RP companies in the past, but never heard anything back. *shrugs* So I do my own thing. Never sent anything into DDO though, but I don't really know how to do their style of 3D art. ^^;

(ETA) I have to admit though, 'have travel van and will travel/move' if that was ever possible. lol
    Last edited by Luadrilae; 10-26-2012 at 07:02 PM.

My deviantART gallery

Lovely work! It's cute too +1
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast