Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Interesting things you find on Llama

For Spellsingers...

Prodigal Lyrist - DNT TBD Your music ripples with latent energy. Granted Abilities: +2 Charisma, +1 to your Spell DCs, +1 to your Spell Penetration checks, and 100 Spell Points. In addition, you are able to cast your spells 20% faster. Bard Spell List: Gain Wall of Sound as a 6th Level spell.

Wall of Sound
    Creates a wall of sound This spell does 2 to 8 Sonic damage plus 1 additional point of damage per caster level (up to a max of 25 additional points at caster level 25) to enemies. Oozes are particularly susceptible to the pitch of the sound, and take an additional 2 to 8 Sonic damage. In addition, enemies caught in the Wall of Sound may begin dancing on a failed Will save, and become slowed thereafter on a failed Fortitude save.

and Henshin Mystics (Update: Looks like my monk can train some of these actually..)

Eagle Claw Attack
    Fire Ki Melee Attack: Your attacks can shatter objects. You strike at weak points in your opponent's armor or hide, dealing +2[W] damage and apply two stacks of the Improved Destruction effect. (Each stack reduces Armor Class by 2 and Fortification by 2% for 20 seconds. This effect can stack up to 4 times)

Breaking Wind (Uses 10k Stars Icon currently)
    Air Ki Melee Attack: You strike your opponent, deflecting their momentum. Performs a melee attack with +1[W] damage, and your enemy deals 2% less physical damage for 30 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times

Lighting the Candle
    Weapon Stance: While you are centered, you enhance your attacks with Ki Flame. Two handed weapons gain 'On Hit: 1d(4/6/8) Fire damage and On Critical: (1/2/3)d10 Force damage.' One handed weapons and handwraps gain 'On Hit: 1d(2/3/4) Fire damage and On Critical: (1/2/3)d6 Force damage.' Your Ki Generation on hit is reduced by 1.

Fist of Iron
    Earth Ki Melee Attack: You have imbued your attacks with extra force. Performs a melee attack with a +3[W] damage, +1 Critical Threat Range, and +1 Critical Threat Multiplier

Quick Strike
    Melee Quarterstaff Attack: Deals +3[W] damage. You gain a 25% Morale bonus to double strike for 10 seconds.

And Rogues...

Sweeping Strikes
    Melee Quarterstaff Trip Attack: Deals +1[W] damage to all nearby enemies and trips them (Balance DC 10 + Half Rogue Level + Dexterity Modifier Negates trip)

Staff Lunge
    Melee Quarterstaff Attack: Deals +2[W] damage as you dive through enemies in a line.

Tumbler
    You can pass through enemies when you tumble.

Cartwheel Charge
    After tumbling, you gain a +2 Morale bonus to Strength and Dexterity for 6 seconds.

Followthrough
    You gain +2 Strength and Dexterity After tumbling, your basic attacks with two handed weapons strike two targets per swing instead of one for 6 seconds.
    Last edited by TreknaQudane; 10-10-2012 at 07:11 AM.
    [REDACTED]

Community Member

Sounds really nice indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by TreknaQudane View Post
    Fist of Iron
    Earth Ki Melee Attack: You have imbued your attacks with extra force. Performs a melee attack with a +3[W] damage, +1 Critical Threat Range, and +1 Critical Threat Multiplier
    About flippin time they got that back to being a non-suck attack. Did the other elemental attacks get any upgrades?
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Adjusting Challenge XP so that they're worth running more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    About flippin time they got that back to being a non-suck attack. Did the other elemental attacks get any upgrades?
    Hmm..

Eagle Claw Attack
    Fire Ki Melee Attack: Your attacks can shatter objects. You strike at weak points in your opponent's armor or hide, dealing +2[W] damage and apply two stacks of the Improved Destruction effect. (Each stack reduces Armor Class by 2 and Fortification by 2% for 20 seconds. This effect can stack up to 4 times)

Air Ki Melee Attack: You strike your opponent, deflecting their momentum. Performs a melee attack with +1[W] damage, and your enemy deals 2% less physical damage for 30 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times

It looks like the Void line of enhancements was folded into Henshin Mystic. There are 4 Enhancements that leads to 'Void Strike' .. that deals 10d6 Force damage on hit and erases the mob from existence on vorpal.
    Last edited by TreknaQudane; 10-10-2012 at 07:09 AM.
    [REDACTED]

So... between this and the nickname for the ivy wraps... I expect many puns. Many horrible, horrible puns.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.

snip

Hey lovely devs, unless you want a plethora of fart jokes it might be a good idea to rename that
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Terebinthia View Post
    Hey lovely devs, unless you want a plethora of fart jokes it might be a good idea to rename that
    I'm more worried about the 'Followthrough' :P

Nothing to see here! <Ninja Amnesia Dust!>

Heh, I was actually going to post a blog post sometime soon about how I've gotten through most of the future Monk and Rogue enhancements, with a couple examples.

I expect many puns. Many horrible, horrible puns.
    Don't worry, that's on the "To Be Renamed" list.

In early development, we sometimes have absolutely terrible placeholder names for things.

Are you devs reworking the tumble skill? The mechanics of tumble is it takes a long time to tumble from space to space and with the real time aspects of this game i.e. the way monsters move tumbling is very very inefficient. If you do not plan to re-work the tumble skill the payouts for benefits gained from tumble have to be huge like something like double or triple your damage on your next attack after you tumble because you are getting half or even less the normal number of attacks if you are constantly tumbling.

Edit: followthrough is not enough. You need a higher tier with greater effects on tumbling.
    Last edited by maddmatt70; 10-10-2012 at 09:40 AM.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post

Heh, I was actually going to post a blog post sometime soon about how I've gotten through most of the future Monk and Rogue enhancements, with a couple examples.

In early development, we sometimes have absolutely terrible placeholder names for things.
    Definitely all ears. Quite curious indeed how you're planning on amping Mech vs Battle Engineer.

What's the excuse for the terrible code?

very nice! I like all I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I am admin. I don't need HPs

Community Member

It's nice to see that Acrobats are finally getting a boost that has been sorely missing. Cannot wait for the enhancement and prestige changes to hit live in a future, future update.

Hopefully, the Devs will also fix the multiple problems with quarterstaves also. Problems like the lack of metal-based quarterstaves that do 2[xdx] damage and the lack of glancing blow damage when cleaving with quarterstaves.

and Henshin Mystics (Update: Looks like my monk can train some of these actually..)

Eagle Claw Attack

Lighting the Candle
    Weapon Stance: While you are centered, you enhance your attacks with Ki Flame. Two handed weapons gain 'On Hit: 1d(4/6/8) Fire damage and On Critical: (1/2/3)d10 Force damage.' One handed weapons and handwraps gain 'On Hit: 1d(2/3/4) Fire damage and On Critical: (1/2/3)d6 Force damage.' Your Ki Generation on hit is reduced by 1.

Fist of Iron

Quick Strike
    Melee Quarterstaff Attack: Deals +3[W] damage. You gain a 25% Morale bonus to double strike for 10 seconds.

And Rogues...

Sweeping Strikes
    Melee Quarterstaff Trip Attack: Deals +1[W] damage to all nearby enemies and trips them (Balance DC 10 + Half Rogue Level + Dexterity Modifier Negates trip)

Staff Lunge
    Melee Quarterstaff Attack: Deals +2[W] damage as you dive through enemies in a line.

Tumbler
    You can pass through enemies when you tumble.

Cartwheel Charge
    After tumbling, you gain a +2 Morale bonus to Strength and Dexterity for 6 seconds.

Followthrough
    You gain +2 Strength and Dexterity After tumbling, your basic attacks with two handed weapons strike two targets per swing instead of one for 6 seconds.
    Acrobats rejoice! Those monk abilities might be enough for me to go for 6 lvls of monk instead of the 1 lvl I use now. Looks like the devs have been listening because a number of those acrobat abilities resemble suggestions I and others have made. (I've been suggesting a tumbling attack/stance/boost that attacks and/or trips enemies you tumble through for a long while now)

Eladrin: I know we weren't supposed to see this stuff, and its subject to change, but this just made me a lot more excited. With cartwheel charge, no one can make fun of me because I can get enough tumble to outrun some characters while tumbling.

EDIT: Holy **** where am I going to put all those buttons. My acrobat is a legendary dreadnought with all sorts of tactics and attack on my hotkeys I constantly push before anything like this makes it in. And yes, great to see some acrobat love outside of the weapons department, they've needed something to make them more competitive with assassins, and particularly reasons to use a quarterstaff rather than other weapons. I suppose Mechanics fit this too, but I don't play those.
    Last edited by Diyon; 10-10-2012 at 11:33 AM.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Community Member

Anything about the Dex-as-damage sneaked in?

For Spellsingers...

Wall of Sound
    Creates a wall of sound This spell does 2 to 8 Sonic damage plus 1 additional point of damage per caster level (up to a max of 25 additional points at caster level 25) to enemies. Oozes are particularly susceptible to the pitch of the sound, and take an additional 2 to 8 Sonic damage. In addition, enemies caught in the Wall of Sound may begin dancing on a failed Will save, and become slowed thereafter on a failed Fortitude save.
    Hmmm "Wall of Sound" eh? Gives me an idea, either he back story should be about a spectre named Phil created this in a cave. Or at least somewhere in the new content there should be a red named spectre called Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Diyon View Post
    EDIT: Holy **** where am I going to put all those buttons. My acrobat is a legendary dreadnought with all sorts of tactics and attack on my hotkeys I constantly push before anything like this makes it in. And yes, great to see some acrobat love outside of the weapons department, they've needed something to make them more competitive with assassins, and particularly reasons to use a quarterstaff rather than other weapons. I suppose Mechanics fit this too, but I don't play those.
    Those concerns are along those lines as well. I really hope they won't go down the 'clickies everywhere' road for all prestige classes in the enhancement pass. Almost all enhancements are passive on live, so keep them passive.
    I don't want to have 20 special attacks. That's what different weapons should be for. If almost every weapon swing is tied to a special button, the combat is going to turn into a generic keyboard hero.

Are you going to start a development thread on it? I understand it's pretty early but there are a lot of tidbits that sort of crept in and I was holding off on listing more.

I'm fine waiting and happy with the teasers, just curious now that you've commented in this thread.

Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

Don’t you dare!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast