Default 3 Years of DDO...

So, we've reached 3 years of DDO as a F2P MMO. I started shortly after the transition to the free-to-play model and continue to play. Many things have happened since my last yearly reflection, so I'll break things up a bit.

I continue to belong to one of the best groupings of people that I've had the pleasure of knowing in the High Rollers. Even though we underwent a change in management this year (E/20after to Zealotry), we continue to follow all the tenets that we've played by over the last several years: be kind and support others, we were all new once... don't be afraid to PUG, it's the only real way to meet new people... failure is okay, succeeding all the time makes you forget what it means to be humble...

We will continue to have our Festivult Giveaway. The one from last year was fantastically successful. Tons of donations and lots of loot given away. Would love to see much more participation, especially given all the recent threads about the server's lack of player base. Let's nurture the new players, help them out along the way. Lord knows, I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am today in terms of character builds, gear, and skill without the help of several people over the years.

Are there issues with DDO and it's current amount of bugs and things not working? Sure, but to be honest, I care less about that and more about being able to hang out with fantastic people. I'll run things solo, but get bored with it. I need that personal interaction, even if it's with a random group of individuals that I might never see again.

I think the one big change for me over the last year is the number of people I've seen migrate away from the game, either due to RL issues or a simply needing something different. While I do miss the camaraderie, I will continue to strike out and meet new and interesting peoples.

See you all in-game.

Alts: Brighton, Spellmann, Soulmistress, Compleat, Aggrotech
    Current leader of the High Rollers

Secondededed!

Give away all the things!
    Member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent
    Cannith Server
    Main Toons: Skarro and Usko
    I maximize my strengths and buy bane weapons for my weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by nomaddog View Post
    So, we've reached 3 years of DDO as a F2P MMO. I started shortly after the transition to the free-to-play model and continue to play. Many things have happened since my last yearly reflection, so I'll break things up a bit.

I continue to belong to one of the best groupings of people that I've had the pleasure of knowing in the High Rollers. Even though we underwent a change in management this year (E/20after to Zealotry), we continue to follow all the tenets that we've played by over the last several years: be kind and support others, we were all new once... don't be afraid to PUG, it's the only real way to meet new people... failure is okay, succeeding all the time makes you forget what it means to be humble...

We will continue to have our Festivult Giveaway. The one from last year was fantastically successful. Tons of donations and lots of loot given away. Would love to see much more participation, especially given all the recent threads about the server's lack of player base. Let's nurture the new players, help them out along the way. Lord knows, I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am today in terms of character builds, gear, and skill without the help of several people over the years.

Are there issues with DDO and it's current amount of bugs and things not working? Sure, but to be honest, I care less about that and more about being able to hang out with fantastic people. I'll run things solo, but get bored with it. I need that personal interaction, even if it's with a random group of individuals that I might never see again.

I think the one big change for me over the last year is the number of people I've seen migrate away from the game, either due to RL issues or a simply needing something different. While I do miss the camaraderie, I will continue to strike out and meet new and interesting peoples.

See you all in-game.
    Cheers! What can Hands of Chaos do to help in the festival? We are small but we gots big swords...
    An old man playing the electronic version of the game he has loved for thirty years.
    Officer, Hands of Chaos
    Proudly receiving negative feed back for having ethics and standing on Principle.
    Rangers Lead the Way

Community Member

Hey there Spud, you dont have to wait for a once a year event to help out your fellow
    community members. As an officer with Seekers of Forgotten Pasts one of the things
    that I do is give any and all new members a complete set of tomes with a +2 tome
    in thier one or two main stats, they get encouragement and the guild gets a beter
    more motivated member.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotshki View Post
    Hey there Spud, you dont have to wait for a once a year event to help out your fellow
    community members. As an officer with Seekers of Forgotten Pasts one of the things
    that I do is give any and all new members a complete set of tomes with a +2 tome
    in thier one or two main stats, they get encouragement and the guild gets a beter
    more motivated member.
    Well, I joined the wrong guild... Seriously, that is great, not quite at the level where I am farming enough tomes to give them away yet, perhaps in the not to near future. Do try to help folks out with some nice gear we do. I just really like the sound of his festival idea.
    An old man playing the electronic version of the game he has loved for thirty years.
    Officer, Hands of Chaos
    Proudly receiving negative feed back for having ethics and standing on Principle.
    Rangers Lead the Way

Community Member

+1 tomes are at the most 30k each at the AH

@nomaddog, why don't post here what you did in General Chat? I could link it but I think you reposting and adding any new thoughts you have on that post is better.

BTW the few High Rollers I have run with are fun and believe in your credo.

I will PM you.