Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Undermine Zerger Knight_slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    1,378

    Default 2 man elite shroud, melees

    Not the fastest way to run an elite shroud but was alot of fun. We both used under 200 heal scrolls each, other than that we didnt use any consumeables. Its funny because I ran shroud elite on my devine last week in a pug and used over 50 majors keeping everyone alive!

    Part 1 was easy. we split up and took down portals in about 10 minutes.

    Part 2 wasnt bad either. We started by killing all the names 1x1, let them respawn and killed them again in just enough time to break crystal with the cat right on our tails!

    Part 3 Maui solved the puzzles except for my first one and I ran water. The wall did come up with 2 waters left to run but we completed all the puzzles in the north first so that we were not running all over the map with the wall up.

    Part 4 took a while and we had some close calls with blades but really wasnt that bad.

    Part 5 was a beast! For some reason we had to make huge consentration checks on our scrolls and almost died many times but we had eachothers backs and saved eachother a few times.

    Was lotsa fun, thanx Maui.



    Last edited by Knight_slayer; 10-09-2012 at 03:32 PM.

  2. #2
    Community Member Diroctive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Very impressive +1

    Now try joining a pug that needs healers, and get rejected.
    Happy now, you crush kobold dreams?

    Stranger than Fiction on Argonnessen
    Tangere - Diroctive - Kendrio - Leucocyte - Merkadist - Perpetuate - Razorbot

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    119 minutes for less than 5k XP. More evidence that Turbine needs to take a serious look at the XP returns for a number of dungeons / raids.


  4. #4
    The Hatchery kierg10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto ON
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    119 minutes for less than 5k XP. More evidence that Turbine needs to take a serious look at the XP returns for a number of dungeons / raids.

    I say adjust the xp to 1k per minute, or 119k
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

  5. #5
    Community Member ChadB123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    119 minutes for less than 5k XP. More evidence that Turbine needs to take a serious look at the XP returns for a number of dungeons / raids.

    Well it is a level 19 raid even on elite. So I wouldn't expect much when doing it at level 25.

    Grats you guys, very cool.
    Epicsoul(7th life) 20 druid - Deathdemize(6th life) 20wizard - Haiteraid(4th life) TR'ing - Epicbanjo(2nd life) 14bard4ftr2rogue.

    Member of Over Raided!

  6. #6
    Community Member Ginarrbrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChadB123 View Post
    Well it is a level 19 raid even on elite. So I wouldn't expect much when doing it at level 25.

    Grats you guys, very cool.
    This. Its not always about the XP. The reward is the fun (and loot of course.)

    And yes, gratz!
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <The True Path>

  7. #7
    Community Member superpokerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Under the Bridge
    Posts
    36

    Default Seriously!!!

    nice.... 4 years later, yawns!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iJUO18r0jg

    lvl 16 cap, no crafted gear, no epic gear (obviously!), no random loots, no DDO store.
    At that time this was a major accomplishment.

    lvl 25s with destinys soloing elite shroud c'mon man seriously!

    going back to sleep!

    Shoutout to Bunk and Shyv
    Hulk Smash!

  8. #8
    Community Member kinggartk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    119 minutes for less than 5k XP. More evidence that Turbine needs to take a serious look at the XP returns for a number of dungeons / raids.

    They obviously were not doing that for XP. Sometimes I run quests for FUN. That one sounds like fun.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

  9. #9
    Community Member Bunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,960

    Default *nod

    Quote Originally Posted by superpokerman View Post
    nice.... 4 years later, yawns!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iJUO18r0jg

    lvl 16 cap, no crafted gear, no epic gear (obviously!), no random loots, no DDO store.
    At that time this was a major accomplishment.

    lvl 25s with destinys soloing elite shroud c'mon man seriously!

    going back to sleep!

    Shoutout to Bunk and Shyv
    Thx for the shoutout bro! /salute

    OP: Was curious on your builds, I tried myddo but the darn system has been bugged and can't see your breakdown.

    /cheers and grats

    -Bunk

  10. #10
    Undermine Zerger Knight_slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    Thx for the shoutout bro! /salute

    OP: Was curious on your builds, I tried myddo but the darn system has been bugged and can't see your breakdown.

    /cheers and grats

    -Bunk
    We are both 18 monk 2 rog grand master flowers destiny. Pretty much exact same build except for some gear differences.

    You know when I posted this I thought there would be some "meh" comments. And truth be told its nothing like soloing an epic elite devil assault difficulty wise. However there were some very challanging parts of the raid. Maybe this is why I couldnt find any 2 man elite shroud posts by melee only.

    I was not playing the game when the level cap was 16 but people who were tell me mobs hit points were less, spell power of mobs was less and blades hit for alot less. Which makes sence seeing as lvl cap has increased multiple times and gear power has increased for players.

    I had tried to solo it elite but with all agro on me only its alot of damage to keep up with and if u fail 1 consentration check its pretty much game over. I find silver flame pots do more damage than good on my monk so i dont use them.

    So yea It's not the most uber post on this forum but hey, grab a mate, get ur pure melee toons and head in on elite and then tell me how much yawning you do!

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Gratz - well done

    Not elite but was solo'd by a mele some time ago;

    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=307542

  12. #12
    Community Member nolifer1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    446

    Default

    well done!
    kokaisa cc/nuker drow warlock. .agrippe aa. farim-1 monk. meatmountain barbarian.boltergaist arti(retired pileon)
    Renowned in thelanis
    DDO on YOUTUBE CHANNEL



  13. #13
    Community Member Bunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    We are both 18 monk 2 rog grand master flowers destiny. Pretty much exact same build except for some gear differences.

    You know when I posted this I thought there would be some "meh" comments. And truth be told its nothing like soloing an epic elite devil assault difficulty wise. However there were some very challanging parts of the raid. Maybe this is why I couldnt find any 2 man elite shroud posts by melee only.

    I was not playing the game when the level cap was 16 but people who were tell me mobs hit points were less, spell power of mobs was less and blades hit for alot less. Which makes sence seeing as lvl cap has increased multiple times and gear power has increased for players.

    I had tried to solo it elite but with all agro on me only its alot of damage to keep up with and if u fail 1 consentration check its pretty much game over. I find silver flame pots do more damage than good on my monk so i dont use them.

    So yea It's not the most uber post on this forum but hey, grab a mate, get ur pure melee toons and head in on elite and then tell me how much yawning you do!
    Yup, some peeps just won't like achievement posts. Others will. I think you comment in the OP said it all:

    "Was lotsa fun, thanx Maui."

    -Bunk

  14. #14
    Community Member DaSawks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Congratz on the duo completion. It takes nads to even attempt. Some people are scared to even run Hard with 10. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, although VIP players do get free Gold rolls on Daily Dice, so that might fit into your criteria. But when it comes to chest drops, chain rewards, general Daily Dice rolls (what number you get), etc., VIP does not confer additional "luck".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload