Community Member kafrielveddicus's Avatar

Default PD Halls of Valhalla 50 Cannith Favor

Not sure of the many other Permadeath guilds house rules on Cannith Favor! But we believe this is an important First for us and the Permadeath community!

But we Valhallans are proud to announce achieving 50 House Cannith Favor and earning the ability to attain Marks of House Cannith!!! Crafting Items with 2 levels lower is a true boon to our guild!

Happy Hunting and Stay Safe!!!
    Guild: PD Halls of Valhalla on Ghallanda Level 59, Website: http://valhallans.proboards.com/
    Casualnarc 21(1 Death), Repentnarc 16, Snipernarc 14, Banknarc 13, Gatlingnarc 13, Airnarc 12, Braverynarc 11, Lednarc 11, Tempestnarc 11, Holynarc 9, Repeatnarc 6, Ebuttonnarc 6 <-ALL WITH ZERO DEATHS

3 toons and counting (Flashynarc level 15, Rabpartdeux level 14, Strongkobb level 14)

on the verge of attaining 50 Cannith Favor (Repentnarc level 14, Magekobb Level 13, Xanorr Level 12, Snipernarc Level 11)

Can I have some input on how the other Permadeath Guilds handle House C Challenges?

Especially would like to hear from my favourite Permadeath Guilds listed below;
    Extreme Explorers
    The Sublime
    The Core

THX
    The Narc
    Guild: PD Halls of Valhalla on Ghallanda Level 59, Website: http://valhallans.proboards.com/
    Casualnarc 21(1 Death), Repentnarc 16, Snipernarc 14, Banknarc 13, Gatlingnarc 13, Airnarc 12, Braverynarc 11, Lednarc 11, Tempestnarc 11, Holynarc 9, Repeatnarc 6, Ebuttonnarc 6 <-ALL WITH ZERO DEATHS

Well, my main in EE, Magloom, has had House C favor for about 4-6 months now. I know at least one other person has it also, Brightpaper, Ghirmeshk's main. The bad news is that we have no idea really what to do with it. Both of these characters are level 25. My crafting is about level 100 arcane and around 95ish for the others, and there is nothing exciting to craft for myself. Under current guild rules in EE, I can only craft an item for someone within 3 levels of myself, IE someone who is 22+. I've opened up the dialogue several times in the guild that that invalidates crafting as a viable option for character development. The overwhelming response I receive is that crafting is viable for characters through the lower levels to create useful items(such as Persuasion or Lesser Vampirism) that have low crafting levels to make, and that not enough people have a high enough crafting level to justify changing the rules.

My proposed system would allow for lower level guildees to commission items from my character. They would need to provide ALL of the raw materials for the craft, and if I didn't have a 100% and they tried anyway, the onus would be on them if I failed. As difficult as it is to acquire a specific type of essence at low levels, I see no flaw in this system. At best, if abused, it would be the equivalent of a second heirloom item. But I am not concerned about that, because our guildees have extremely level heads on their shoulders. We don't have trust issues. And besides, even if we did, it takes two members working in concert to break the rules under my system, and the only two in the guild that have 60+ crafting levels is myself(a 4 year officer) and our guild leader, so that seems unlikely.

As far as challenges go, there are only a few in the guild that even tolerate them. I'm one of only two in our guild who likes them. So challenge progress is a slow affair, because even considering the difficulty increase with multiple people, we've always preferred grouping to solo or two because it is more fun to be able to chat with friends rather than grind in silence. Colossal Crystals is probably my least favorite. Magloom has about 6 epic Cannith items, in various tier levels. I haven't been able to switch out to any of the new FR stuff because the Cannith stuff is so much better.

The true advantage is being able to use The Cannith items 2 levels earlier than usual, make tier 3 item and then and masterful craftsmenship and boom level 14's using level 16 cannith gear!

Truly I find all the challenges quite resonable to solo, if not just plain routine, duoing is not a problem for most of them, it is groups larger than that which have a negative impact on some of the challenges, especially the Lava caves set!

My level 15 pretty much has a complete set of the accessories gear that is available for level 16(at level 14 minimum level for use), and is currently starting to work on acquire many of the weapons just for flavour(he is mostly sorceror).

Love the Challenges! Always gives me drive to churn more ingredients out per run, in other words strive to perfect them!