Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiahooJunk View Post
    u mean great opportunity to take 2-3 weeks break and come back after its gone?
    During the mabar event i talk to people i usually dont. Its nice, then i take the rest of the year off.

This thread is very inspiring. I thank everyone who had ideas here. Being an officer in a small guild, "Hands of Chaos" I believe I can speak for us and say, we would love to help. While I am a newb, I got my first toon to lvl 16 currently only because of help, help from my guildmates and help from all those who resurected Hunterspud and taught him a few tricks. One day a player who I ran with in the necro gave me three tomes, yep just gave em to me. I was stunned. If you run into Hunterspud or any of the 'spuds' on Cannith it is likely me. If you need a hand with any improvements just mail me in game and I will get our guild involved. Paying it forward to make our server the best, well I am all for that!

Community Member

You can count on me also, in game my two main toons are Kotshki and Jim Shorts. Send me mail in game if I can
    help. Kotshki is a lvl 24 sorc, and Jim is a lvl 15 Barbarian.

We are in too, lets figure out different things to do and we can go from there, in game mail Hunterspud or anyone ending in spud, help is what got me where I am in this game. Our guilds can only bennifit from this. It helps the whole server.
    An old man playing the electronic version of the game he has loved for thirty years.
    Officer, Hands of Chaos
    Proudly receiving negative feed back for having ethics and standing on Principle.
    Rangers Lead the Way

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    I don't consider "/Filtering" as bad, but I really think folks of late are really getting carried away with their LFM restrictions especially on the content they are running.

Case in point. I was on my 1st life wizard, level 20. I clicked on a ToD hard that had nothing in the lfm as a restriction. Got accepted and was booted before I even got to say hello. Send a /tell asking why and got a response that my HP & SP were too low. Granted it's a newer toon that could use some gear but really over 400 hp before buffs and stance is too low for ToD on hard? The SP is my problem, if I ran out I would've drank a pot if needed, however I seriously doubt it would have been an issue.

And that's the kind of problem I am talking about. Without asking what my necro DC is, without asking if I felt comfortable being the only caster just booted. I really found it funny at first since I am familiar with that raid, have run it on a 1st life wizzy before, heck I was in the group that had the 1st worldwide completion of the raid the day it launched on Thelanis. But just because a couple numbers looked low I was booted without a word.

Then I thought about it some more and found it sad actually. For me, no. I shrugged it off and went on to do something else. But, how many times are newer players treated like this before they get discouraged and they just stop logging in? Then we get folks complaining their lfms take too long to fill, that the server population is low, that we need to merge the servers.

So perhaps, just maybe if raid leaders would stop being so full of themselves, acting like complete jerks, holding unrealistic expectations the end game might see a bit of buzzing activity. Personally I don't feel the least bit bad about some folks complaining lately. You made your bed, now lie in it.
    THIS, more than anything else, is what gets me about this game. My first lvl 20 was a rogue on Argonnessen. Was told that without 450+, I couldn't do a Hard Shroud raid, and leave or get booted. Ummm...? Yeah, I needed some improvements on HPs...most notably a SHROUD HP item that I couldn't get because of a (misguided) perception that I couldn't pull my weight (I had done other raids previously with no issue). The issue was, I didn't build my character THEIR way, and therefore wasn't good enough. I also got kicked from an EH VoN run for the same issues (and because I didn't have reflex saves of 46+). I can understand some of those sentiments, because raid leaders have to look out for the success of the entire raid. It was the attitude I got, just after joining, where the only words before the boot were "You're not ready for this raid".

I'm a newer player, by most standards. I don't look at forum builds to make cookie-cutter toons, and I don't know every quest back to front. But I learn what my toons can do, and I believe I play them well. I'd like to learn the content. Many LFMs, however, have "TR run", "Know it", "BYOH", or the ever popular "Elite BB - Need Opener". Players are entitled to play the way they want, but I don't believe that it will increase the server population to isolate their playing experiences. Many people seem disillusioned by the quality of PUGs, and have a fairly strict guild/friend grouping policy only. Once again, that's isolating the newer player base from those that could help them learn and grow on the server.

Personally, I don't expect any kind of handout from people. That doesn't help me learn the game, just gives a perception that if I ask for something, SOMEONE will provide. What I would LIKE is to see some groups or raids that don't have strict "My way or the highway" attitudes towards builds and/or life count. I think that would help more than giving out any items or money in terms of solidifying the base.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Cyron View Post

I'm a newer player, by most standards. I don't look at forum builds to make cookie-cutter toons, and I don't know every quest back to front. But I learn what my toons can do, and I believe I play them well. I'd like to learn the content. Many LFMs, however, have "TR run", "Know it", "BYOH", or the ever popular "Elite BB - Need Opener". Players are entitled to play the way they want, but I don't believe that it will increase the server population to isolate their playing experiences. Many people seem disillusioned by the quality of PUGs, and have a fairly strict guild/friend grouping policy only. Once again, that's isolating the newer player base from those that could help them learn and grow on the server.
    New players willing to learn are fine, i've met some nice new people while lvling: they were usually willing to listen to advices and usually sent a tell before joining telling me they were new and they didn't know the quest, asking if they could join anyway; usually i accept them and while i do not slow down that much i try to explain quest pretty fast if there's something particular to know. I do not even care that much about deaths: while elite streaking everyone could die.

I really hate noobs: those that join your party and the first thing they say is "shr plz", those that ask "what quest are we running" even if the lfm is pretty clear about that, those that die while farming normal cause they do not even bring pots, and so on.

Sadly noobs are way more popular than newbies, that's why people usually try to avoid pugging, for every nice pug there are at least 10 terrible ones.
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

Community Member

Default Hmmm...

I can see your point, PHo3nix, and I have been one of those people to, upon acceptance, send forth that I was a first timer and request tips on how best to complete the raid. And therefore I was subject to the "If you jump and click in the exact center of the portal, nobody will die" gag during the 4th-5th Shroud part transition. (Oddly enough, it DIDN'T kill me. Didn't teleport me to Harry, but I was still alive. Heh.) It was a good joke once I understood it, and no hard feelings towards anyone for tricking me.

My guild is super small. It's basically just my brother and I. So guild runs aren't really an option. PUGs or more commonly duoing is how we level. We recently completed our first ever TRs (yay challenges for dungeon tokens). We chose to TR instead of try for raids because of the negative reactions I received regarding first life lower HP toons over on Arg. Once we get up to level, we'll try (again) to flag for ADQ/ZR, Shroud, and maybe do some actual raiding now that we have a little better understanding of some of the content. I can only hope that when we get to that point again, there will still be people willing to take on first-time raiders and show them the ropes.

As far as seeing improvement and player retention...the content itself isn't bad, from what I've seen. Not having access (not VIP) to the Demonweb/King's Forest/High Road, I can't say I've experienced hardly any of what the end game has to offer. Even so, I've enjoyed what I've done so far. But there's more than just content. The player base can help with retention by making an effort to be somewhat civil to each other, instead of elitist vs. noobs. That's part of the reason I came back to Cannith instead of continuing on Argonnessen.

Community Member

If people could drop the notion that they have to teach someone something in every run they do or the run pretty much suck and should be wiped, Cannith could start to heal.

Lord_Cyron, i don´t have the game installed. But if i had i wouldnt mind healing you and your guild in your efforts.

Pyreal af Templar

Quote Originally Posted by Barnaky View Post
    If people could drop the notion that they have to teach someone something in every run they do or the run pretty much suck and should be wiped, Cannith could start to heal.
    I have no idea where you're coming from with this. I doubt anyone on Cannith has the idea that they 'have to' teach something every run or it might as well wipe.

If someone wants to learn, asks a question, or indicates they are unfamiliar with a quest and want to know more I don't see how it's somehow harmful to the server to teach, answer, or lead as you seem to be implying. If that's not the type of players you want to quest with, I simply suggest you not join their groups if teaching offends you so.
    Goddess! You know it baybee.

Nissha - Chanteuse - Zealotry - Zealot - Zeal
    Leader, High Rollers (Cannith)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nicnivyn View Post
    I have no idea where you're coming from with this. I doubt anyone on Cannith has the idea that they 'have to' teach something every run or it might as well wipe.
    It´s the elitistic attitude issue that has been tearing the cannith server apart for the better part of 3 years, hence the thread.

Just go through the BS posts on this very forum...get a clue. Pretending to have amnesia is just retarded on your part. You´ve been a part of the cannith destruction for years. Desperatly trying to impress these boards and be a part of a prosperous elitistic server community. FYI, that community has wither on the vine due to the fact that the great players that once held such community together on cannith got fed up with the abusive selfrighteous **** you and yours spewed on server channels for years, so they left. Go figure.

If someone wants to learn, asks a question, or indicates they are unfamiliar with a quest and want to know more I don't see how it's somehow harmful to the server to teach, answer, or lead as you seem to be implying.
    Once those great players left. That is not how it has been presented since then. Mmk? This very forum is filled with quotes to support this.

If that's not the type of players you want to quest with, I simply suggest you not join their groups if teaching offends you so.
    I wish those great players of past times returned, but i doubt it. I have nothing against sharing of knowledge.

Pyreal af Templar
    Last edited by IWIronheart; 11-24-2012 at 09:32 PM.

It´s the elitistic attitude issue that has been tearing the cannith server apart for the better part of 3 years, hence the thread.

Just go through the BS posts on this very forum...get a clue. Pretending to have amnesia is just retarded on your part. You´ve been a part of the cannith destruction for years. Desperatly trying to impress these boards and be a part of a prosperous elitistic server community. FYI, that community has wither on the vine due to the fact that the great players that once held such community together on cannith got fed up with the abusive selfrighteous **** you and yours spewed on server channels for years, so they left. Go figure.
    Thank you, I do believe you are the first person in three years to call me 1. retarded, 2. elitist, and 3. self-righteous.

If you believe any of the three then you obviously do not know me, what I do, or how I play. In fact, I know that I have only played with you a handful of times if that and none our interactions have warrented the name calling you just indulged in. And in fact, I will now discontinue acknowleging you, as I do not play with or interact with anyone who will throw such vitriol towards other people trying to have a constructive conversation.

Thank you, and be well.

Community Member

I think he also called you Amnesiac.

Community Member

Nissha - Chanteuse - Zealotry - Zealot - Zeal go your way in peace.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by arjiwan View Post
    I think he also called you Amnesiac.
    Well, that one is nothing new.

What were we talking about again?

Community Member

Is he/she referring to LootRuns when he says "server channels"? If so, I can't agree more. Zeal has been dragging that channel down since she joined it.

Default is this dude real?

i don´t have the game installed.
    Pyreal af Templar
    and still you come to forums talking trash about people you dont know, get a life.
    steelrender-bowlhead-cement-noita-hurja-hiiri-clumsyzerg
    - a tribe called zerg - cannith -

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Cyron View Post
    Personally, I don't expect any kind of handout from people. That doesn't help me learn the game, just gives a perception that if I ask for something, SOMEONE will provide. What I would LIKE is to see some groups or raids that don't have strict "My way or the highway" attitudes towards builds and/or life count. I think that would help more than giving out any items or money in terms of solidifying the base.
    Exactly.

While give-a-ways and stuff are nice and it does feel good giving back. The contribution of groups filling without the unwaranted elitism resonates alot louder.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

I don't know, do we really still have that many "elitist towards build" groups? I'm having quite the opposite feeling lately: since the game got a lot easier, people are more likely to get accepted "despite" their build, at least up to EHard.

I would like to see some more EE pugs honestly, especially since now we do have a reason to run EE (at least in U15/16 content). But that aside I think the pug situation actually improved a little lately.

I think it's always down to the fact that good parties/party leaders will accept new players in most situations; the "NO NOOBS!" lfms are the ones you prolly wanna avoid anyway.
    Cannith - Juzam, Water Savant II Ranger 6 Monk 2 AA/ Orocarn, Stalwart Defender III Monk 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Guardiani di Eberron

Community Member

I have had the good fortune of questing with Zeal on a few occasions, and I can
    honestly say with no reservations at all that those too few runs were the smoothest
    most well run, and informative times I have ever had in DDO. I would follow her
    into any quest, even if it was on korthos. The knowledge I have received makes
    it well worth the time. Thank you Zeal for who you are and what you have done
    to make our server better.

Kotshki Officer of Seekers Of Forgotten Pasts.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast