Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 135
  1. #81
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxHazexx View Post
    While i understand your statement and partially agree with the attitude of being a "jerk" and to stop being a "jerk" then the your idea is that if we all hold hands and put smiley face's in the social panel more people will more likely be willing to run stuff. I disagree in a sense because sometimes a strong personality is a necessary evil that creates teamwork and communication with their self and others around them. I don't totally disagree and some people just won't learn and help others learn from their mistakes with proper non offensive constructive criticism. It takes an open mind to create change not someone whos judgement has been clouded with their own personal interests and greed as most of the world as we know today has become.
    Dare I ask why a 'strong personality' is necessarily equated with 'necessary evil' and being a 'jerk'?

    Not being a doormat doesn't mean you've got to be nasty. It is true that nasty people are generally not doormats, however. At least not to everyone.
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

  2. #82
    Community Member xxHazexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hickory N.C.
    Posts
    469

    Default I dont mind questions.

    Quote Originally Posted by sandypaws View Post
    Dare I ask why a 'strong personality' is necessarily equated with 'necessary evil' and being a jerk?.
    The reason i've worded it in that manner is because thats my perspective on most players that others would consider a "jerk" only a select few anyway. When in fact they're just misunderstood and given the right direction are the greatest players that i've run with also very intelligent. I don't mean to defend the actions of any griefers either thats something i only find funny in a rare situation and not one that would effect 6 other people "raid". Not to stray far from "our" topic just covering all bases.
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

    Shadowhaze-Righteouss-Technological Warfare-Lightes.
    Fear is the enemy of logic-Frank Sinatra

  3. #83
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Braegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Xoriat
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxHazexx View Post
    While i understand your statement and partially agree with the attitude of being a "jerk" and to stop being a "jerk" then the your idea is that if we all hold hands and put smiley face's in the social panel more people will more likely be willing to run stuff. I disagree in a sense because sometimes a strong personality is a necessary evil that creates teamwork and communication with their self and others around them. I don't totally disagree and some people just won't learn and help others learn from their mistakes with proper non offensive constructive criticism. It takes an open mind to create change not someone whos judgement has been clouded with their own personal interests and greed as most of the world as we know today has become.
    Hey Shadow,

    No I'm not saying everyone need to be all smiles and hold hands and hug and stuff. And I do understand it does take a certain personality to lead a group/raid. The same as it takes a certain personality to take a measure of joy from helping people. But a leading personality does not have to be a jerk.

    I tend to prefer coaches/quarterbacks versus a dictator.

    And I feel that a large part of it starts with the LFMs that are posted. When I see an LFM for Shroud, NO NOOBS! I am part of the population that will not join your group. Not because I don't know what I am doing, but because it puts me off and seems rude to me. For a time folks were doing this and still filling groups with more ease then they are today because some just wanted to join a group. Now I think more are just willing to wait for the next LFM that doesn't contain a jerkwad statement.
    Git off mah lawn!

    If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

  4. #84
    Hero Musouka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    2,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxHazexx View Post
    The reason i've worded it in that manner is because thats my perspective on most players that others would consider a "jerk" only a select few anyway. When in fact they're just misunderstood and given the right direction are the greatest players that i've run with also very intelligent. I don't mean to defend the actions of any griefers either thats something i only find funny in a rare situation and not one that would effect 6 other people "raid". Not to stray far from "our" topic just covering all bases.
    Gotta remember, there's a long history of some of these griefers and the guilds that associate themselves with them. Are we not to judge a guild by its members? Are we not defined by the company we keep?


    Don't get me wrong, I do have thick skin and have no real issues.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

  5. #85
    Community Member xxHazexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hickory N.C.
    Posts
    469

    Post O/

    Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    Hey Shadow,

    No I'm not saying everyone need to be all smiles and hold hands and hug and stuff. And I do understand it does take a certain personality to lead a group/raid. The same as it takes a certain personality to take a measure of joy from helping people. But a leading personality does not have to be a jerk.

    I tend to prefer coaches/quarterbacks versus a dictator.

    And I feel that a large part of it starts with the LFMs that are posted. When I see an LFM for Shroud, NO NOOBS! I am part of the population that will not join your group. Not because I don't know what I am doing, but because it puts me off and seems rude to me. For a time folks were doing this and still filling groups with more ease then they are today because some just wanted to join a group. Now I think more are just willing to wait for the next LFM that doesn't contain a jerkwad statement.
    Hey False, hope all is well.
    I agree with the above mentioned example post and wouldn't run with players that make a reference post like that. But that does peak my curiosity in this topic, would you consider "/Filtering" a bad move for an lfm almost implies the same thing but certainly not as obnoxious as "NO NOOBS"<---haha, I certainly don't.
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

    Shadowhaze-Righteouss-Technological Warfare-Lightes.
    Fear is the enemy of logic-Frank Sinatra

  6. #86
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Braegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Xoriat
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxHazexx View Post
    Hey False, hope all is well.
    I agree with the above mentioned example post and wouldn't run with players that make a reference post like that. But that does peak my curiosity in this topic, would you consider "/Filtering" a bad move for an lfm almost implies the same thing but certainly not as obnoxious as "NO NOOBS"<---haha, I certainly don't.
    I don't consider "/Filtering" as bad, but I really think folks of late are really getting carried away with their LFM restrictions especially on the content they are running.

    Case in point. I was on my 1st life wizard, level 20. I clicked on a ToD hard that had nothing in the lfm as a restriction. Got accepted and was booted before I even got to say hello. Send a /tell asking why and got a response that my HP & SP were too low. Granted it's a newer toon that could use some gear but really over 400 hp before buffs and stance is too low for ToD on hard? The SP is my problem, if I ran out I would've drank a pot if needed, however I seriously doubt it would have been an issue.

    And that's the kind of problem I am talking about. Without asking what my necro DC is, without asking if I felt comfortable being the only caster just booted. I really found it funny at first since I am familiar with that raid, have run it on a 1st life wizzy before, heck I was in the group that had the 1st worldwide completion of the raid the day it launched on Thelanis. But just because a couple numbers looked low I was booted without a word.

    Then I thought about it some more and found it sad actually. For me, no. I shrugged it off and went on to do something else. But, how many times are newer players treated like this before they get discouraged and they just stop logging in? Then we get folks complaining their lfms take too long to fill, that the server population is low, that we need to merge the servers.

    So perhaps, just maybe if raid leaders would stop being so full of themselves, acting like complete jerks, holding unrealistic expectations the end game might see a bit of buzzing activity. Personally I don't feel the least bit bad about some folks complaining lately. You made your bed, now lie in it.
    Git off mah lawn!

    If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

  7. #87
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
    Posts
    2,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    I don't consider "/Filtering" as bad, but I really think folks of late are really getting carried away with their LFM restrictions especially on the content they are running.

    Case in point. I was on my 1st life wizard, level 20. I clicked on a ToD hard that had nothing in the lfm as a restriction. Got accepted and was booted before I even got to say hello. Send a /tell asking why and got a response that my HP & SP were too low. Granted it's a newer toon that could use some gear but really over 400 hp before buffs and stance is too low for ToD on hard? The SP is my problem, if I ran out I would've drank a pot if needed, however I seriously doubt it would have been an issue.

    And that's the kind of problem I am talking about. Without asking what my necro DC is, without asking if I felt comfortable being the only caster just booted. I really found it funny at first since I am familiar with that raid, have run it on a 1st life wizzy before, heck I was in the group that had the 1st worldwide completion of the raid the day it launched on Thelanis. But just because a couple numbers looked low I was booted without a word.

    Then I thought about it some more and found it sad actually. For me, no. I shrugged it off and went on to do something else. But, how many times are newer players treated like this before they get discouraged and they just stop logging in? Then we get folks complaining their lfms take too long to fill, that the server population is low, that we need to merge the servers.

    So perhaps, just maybe if raid leaders would stop being so full of themselves, acting like complete jerks, holding unrealistic expectations the end game might see a bit of buzzing activity. Personally I don't feel the least bit bad about some folks complaining lately. You made your bed, now lie in it.
    We see that kind of stuff happen all the time these days. All the old alts are stuff like level 20 clerics with 1450 sp. Then you see them in action and they blow your mind

    Epic elite has an interesting effect on the playerbase. You can safely assume that most people hitting an EE lfm will be paying attention and playing to their best. It's hard to get PUGs going, but the few we do work well. The odd ragequitter who gets snarfled by the first mob and drops party is good for a laugh, anyway.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

    Leader of Templar

  8. #88
    Community Member xxScoobyDooxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I'll raise your "no true scotsman" with another:

    True Elitists Don't Need Healers
    lol "THIS" ... good times K
    Flashious, Slashious, Bashious, Delushous, SifuTam Toustious, Sneakious
    Officer - Templar - Cannith

  9. #89
    Community Member FranOhmsford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Posts
    16,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    We see that kind of stuff happen all the time these days. All the old alts are stuff like level 20 clerics with 1450 sp. Then you see them in action and they blow your mind

    Epic elite has an interesting effect on the playerbase. You can safely assume that most people hitting an EE lfm will be paying attention and playing to their best. It's hard to get PUGs going, but the few we do work well. The odd ragequitter who gets snarfled by the first mob and drops party is good for a laugh, anyway.
    I've kept quiet on this for a while BUT:

    I was in a VoN 3 run on one of my Melees {can't remember which} led by a VERY FAMOUS Cannithite TR - A Wizard joined and got booted instantly - I asked why and got told less than 200 hp = boot!
    Glad I wasn't on any of my casters of those levels {150-170 hp}.

    The next day I was on my crafter and saw this same party leader had a GH Walkup LFM up {The Dwarf one} - It was IP so I joined and ran there as fast as I could.
    Got tripped a coupla times on the way BUT made it in and ran through buffing only for the boss to fall just as I entered the final room.
    Everyone released while I got caught fighting Fire Eles - Bad luck and I went down - Everyone else was out so I released and left group.

    Saw an LFM up for Vol Farming - Joined, asked if we were getting started or waiting for more - Got the answer that leader was not going to wait - Started running through House P/Necro.
    Half way thru Necro got booted - Note only the two of us in party still.
    Sent tell asking why and got a tell back - Basically a message from the previous party leader saying That rogue's a bad!
    Well I'll never run with either of those two players again on any of my toons.

    I have people from that guild on my friends list still BUT now I'm much more wary of that guild in the main.

  10. #90
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxHazexx View Post
    But that does peak my curiosity in this topic, would you consider "/Filtering" a bad move for an lfm almost implies the same thing but certainly not as obnoxious as "NO NOOBS"<---haha, I certainly don't.
    Shadow: the word you are looking for is "pique," not peak. Also, punctuation at the end of a quotation generally goes inside that quotation. #CANNITHIMPROVED
    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Well I'll never run with either of those two players again on any of my toons.

    I have people from that guild on my friends list still BUT now I'm much more wary of that guild in the main.
    A great story! I loved the surprise ending where you revealed the only difference between you and elitist jerks is being elite! #MNIGHTSHYAMALAN

  11. #91
    Community Member xxHazexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hickory N.C.
    Posts
    469

    Post Money.

    Quote Originally Posted by andepans View Post
    Shadow: the word you are looking for is "pique," not peak. Also, punctuation at the end of a quotation generally goes inside that quotation. #CANNITHIMPROVED


    A great story! I loved the surprise ending where you revealed the only difference between you and elitist jerks is being elite! #MNIGHTSHYAMALAN
    Love you too money. ;P i would use a dubstep reference not sure your familiar with the genre though. Cheers anyway buddy!
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

    Shadowhaze-Righteouss-Technological Warfare-Lightes.
    Fear is the enemy of logic-Frank Sinatra

  12. #92
    Community Member xxHazexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hickory N.C.
    Posts
    469

    Post Hashtags.

    Quote Originally Posted by andepans View Post
    Shadow: the word you are looking for is "pique," not peak. Also, punctuation at the end of a quotation generally goes inside that quotation. #CANNITHIMPROVED


    A great story! I loved the surprise ending where you revealed the only difference between you and elitist jerks is being elite! #MNIGHTSHYAMALAN
    The hashtags almost make me think that someone has quite the use of a twitter account #JUSTSAYING
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

    Shadowhaze-Righteouss-Technological Warfare-Lightes.
    Fear is the enemy of logic-Frank Sinatra

  13. #93
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxHazexx View Post
    The hashtags almost make me think that someone has quite the use of a twitter account #JUSTSAYING
    I am not only improving the server with my thoughtful posts but improving the way improvements are improved. #IMPROVECEPTION

    Quote Originally Posted by xxHazexx View Post
    Love you too money. ;P i would use a dubstep reference not sure your familiar with the genre though. Cheers anyway buddy!
    Also I'm not Money but I wouldn't listen to dubstep music either if it sounded like 99 Australian angels rejoicing every time I spoke.

  14. #94
    Community Member xxHazexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hickory N.C.
    Posts
    469

    Post ???

    Quote Originally Posted by andepans View Post
    I am not only improving the server with my thoughtful posts but improving the way improvements are improved. #IMPROVECEPTION

    Glad your intentions are good.

    Also I'm not Money but I wouldn't listen to dubstep music either if it sounded like 99 Australian angels rejoicing every time I spoke.
    Well the fact that you used that example makes me think that i've confused you because your posts are similar to the actions of another iirc your forum name was of a former guildie, friend. If not enlighten me? you've "piqued" my curiosity in my own dilemma totally irrelevant i'm aware of that.
    Last edited by xxHazexx; 10-29-2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Still adapting to posting on threads with iphone....
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

    Shadowhaze-Righteouss-Technological Warfare-Lightes.
    Fear is the enemy of logic-Frank Sinatra

  15. #95
    Community Member xxHazexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hickory N.C.
    Posts
    469

    Smile 100% correct

    Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    Gotta remember, there's a long history of some of these griefers and the guilds that associate themselves with them. Are we not to judge a guild by its members? Are we not defined by the company we keep?


    Don't get me wrong, I do have thick skin and have no real issues.
    You are exactly right and thats the reason i've decided to make some changes when i get back in game as far as attitude goes or i go. Gotta remember This is only a game. For anyone that previous sentence may pertain too you know who you are. Besides either things start improving in every aspect or im gonna start transferring toons to another server. I love cannith and everyone "mostly" i've met has been great and have 't had really any issues with anyone . But being 21 with work and school soon i don't have patience to sit around and do nothing while staring at a monitor or an AH screen out of boredom waiting for something at end game to fill. Thats the only drawback to this game is the lack of players in general which is why so far i've been content with popping into CoD Mw3 until black ops 2 and Halo 4 of course. Also i think that this game will be crushed when TheElderScrollsOnline comes out to dominate the playing field if customer service "especially" doesn't improve. Irrelevant topics too just my thoughts in general to entertain those reading.
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

    Shadowhaze-Righteouss-Technological Warfare-Lightes.
    Fear is the enemy of logic-Frank Sinatra

  16. #96
    Community Member xxScoobyDooxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxHazexx View Post
    You are exactly right and thats the reason i've decided to make some changes when i get back in game as far as attitude goes or i go. Gotta remember This is only a game. For anyone that previous sentence may pertain too you know who you are. Besides either things start improving in every aspect or im gonna start transferring toons to another server. I love cannith and everyone "mostly" i've met has been great and have 't had really any issues with anyone . But being 21 with work and school soon i don't have patience to sit around and do nothing while staring at a monitor or an AH screen out of boredom waiting for something at end game to fill. Thats the only drawback to this game is the lack of players in general which is why so far i've been content with popping into CoD Mw3 until black ops 2 and Halo 4 of course. Also i think that this game will be crushed when TheElderScrollsOnline comes out to dominate the playing field if customer service "especially" doesn't improve. Irrelevant topics too just my thoughts in general to entertain those reading.
    Hey Shadow ..... I've come back after a 2 month break ... and for the last 4-5 days I've been running shizzle constanly with Guildies non stop. It's been fun tbh ... lots of snarfles ... lots of laughs.
    Flashious, Slashious, Bashious, Delushous, SifuTam Toustious, Sneakious
    Officer - Templar - Cannith

  17. #97
    Community Member xxHazexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hickory N.C.
    Posts
    469

    Post This just in....

    Quote Originally Posted by xxScoobyDooxx View Post
    Hey Shadow ..... I've come back after a 2 month break ... and for the last 4-5 days I've been running shizzle constanly with Guildies non stop. It's been fun tbh ... lots of snarfles ... lots of laughs.
    Great news! Hope all will be well by the time im able to play again.
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

    Shadowhaze-Righteouss-Technological Warfare-Lightes.
    Fear is the enemy of logic-Frank Sinatra

  18. #98
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Mabar event ftw. Great opportunity to bury any grudges.

  19. #99
    Community Member Miahoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barnaky View Post
    Mabar event ftw. Great opportunity to bury any grudges.
    u mean great opportunity to take 2-3 weeks break and come back after its gone?
    Last edited by MiahooJunk; 11-02-2012 at 07:11 AM.
    Server: Cannith
    Mains: Miahoo, Miahoorog, Miahoohealer

  20. #100
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Cannith has already improved..... if this was 6 months ago this thread would have been locked due to flaming.

    I'm working on my own Cannith improvement project, should be ready around December 2013.
    Cannith - Noehealz, Protectorjon, Noebuffs, Mortion

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload